Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jason Aldean song and video pulled

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ATLGATORFAN, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You and War need a room, man. This isn't just about CMT, no matter how much you guys want to hone in on them exclusively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Seems like it is unless you simply cant see the video anymore on say YouTube or elsewhere. I dont know who watches CMT or what kind of numbers it does, but I'd suspect more people under 40 are watching music videos on YouTube not cable TV.

3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You can't argue that someone is being unfairly banned from TV by posting other worse videos/songs/lyrics that never appeared on TV in the first place ... as has been said repeatedly ... yet you keep it coming ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, it's about CMT. I just pulled the video up on youtube so it's not banned anywhere but CMT.

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Some NWA videos made it, "Express Yourself" I remember. But yeah, I dont remember seeing "F the Police" on MTV. Naturally all the videos that aired were sanitized to some degree for language or content (i.e. censored).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, it's not. It's about the reaction which involves race-baiting and demonization based on nothing else apart from the fact that Aldean's song offers conservative messaging that critiques violent protests while displaying violent protests for leftist causes.

That's what this is about. And that's the easiest point to make. I'm not talking about CMT because I don't have to, there's an easier double standard and evidence of cultural decay underneath that just observing the Too Hot reaction from guys like gator_lawyer in addition to the media reaction and the pearl clutching.

Making this just about CMT would frankly ignore the elephant in the room, which is the people applauding it and going along with the narrative that the song is deeply racist and offensive.

7. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, it's not just about CMT.

You guys want to make it about CMT because deep down you know the reaction is absolutely moronic.

Well you know what, this reaction is that Democratic identity that you all choose to align yourself with. Either call it out or own it.

8. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    y'all need to calm down. have a drink, relax

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Since no one here on Too Hot is responsible for the song getting banned from CMT I'm not sure why you think there is some double standard on display here. It was CMT's call to make and they don't want to be associated with song that, as someone else pointed out, is basically the soundtrack to the Ahmaud Arbury murder ... he didn't make it too far on his jog in that small town ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Stomp on a flag, I got a gun, you won't make it out of town ...
    Just good conservative messaging. Wholesome, All-American kind of stuff ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    1. I've shown you things that were also shown on TV, at the Grammy's no less.
    2. That's a small piece of my argument. I'm arguing that the people outraged by this are not really outraged by this. They're outraged because someone told them to be. That someone did so for political points. And this is about as milk toast as it gets as far as the modern standard for music goes.

12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Posts like this make me realize you're not obtuse, river. You're lying.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    The song is mostly just deeply stupid and dumb. But it's also meant to be divisive and exploitative. It's just more us vs them, which really sells in rural red America. CMT banning it was a gift to this guy who I'd never heard of before opening this thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    how so? what's the lie?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    If it makes you feel any better, rappers get censored, too. NWH just blew up your whole argument.

(NSFW)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Yeah? How?

17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    People aren't allowed to think that? On a base level, the song is offensive to me just for sucking ass. The song itself is pretty banal, but the video element seems to be the issue, so when those words are juxtaposed with certain images, the message resonates different. As other people have mentioned they seem to enjoy other songs that might be "problematic" in some way, but don't suck. I do think Americans have very little cultural literacy, but that's a larger problem, mostly because we don't teach or value that stuff, because the very same bozos think its a waste of time and possibly gay. Just a country full of Philistines for the most part. But to circle back, I do think this is mostly about TV, because TV in America is censored. TV has always pulled controversial stuff when people get pissed off. Here's one I remember:

The Book of Daniel (TV series) - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You misquoted the lyrics, took them completely out of context, and ignored the prevailing message of the song.

The song mentions the American flag, but it's really just lumped in there along with carjacking, armed robbery, and assault.

Yet, you chose the one example provided that does not necessarily involve violent conduct and characterized the song as a way of assaulting people for non-violent conduct despite the rest of the lyrics and despite the clips shown in the video of "mostly peaceful protests."

I don't know river, it looks an awful lot like you've already made up your mind and you're willing to twist the meaning of the song in an unbelievably deceitful manner to further this antagonistic narrative of Aldean and the right.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    There's that strawman again.

They're allowed to think that. I'm allowed to call them on their bullshit.

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Sorry for calling out your "peaceful protesters." I know we should be trying to make nice with them.

Those MAGA folks in rural red America though, nah... those guys are terrible. Sure they didn't exploit a tragedy to rob stores, assault innocent people, and burn cities to the ground... but they voted for Trump and there's nothing more evil than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1