Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jan 6 Committee: Engaging Violent Extremists (7/12, 1PM)

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by pkaib01, Jul 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    With him/her refusing to take the call, I doubt this is actually useful as evidence of “witness tampering”. Though I have little doubt what Trump intended to do or what he’s had his sycophants try to do with other witnesses (both pertaining to the 1/6 hearings and Trumps prior garbage).

It’s too bad this person didn’t have the foresight to have gotten Trump on tape. Seems to me anyone that is on the board to testify should defacto be ready to record such attempts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    The more this goes on the more I think that Kevin McCarthy is about as bad at his job as Mitch McConnell is good at his.

4. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/12/ex-...-rhetoric-killed-capitol-rioter-on-jan-6.html

Ex-Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale blamed then-President Donald Trump’s rhetoric for the death of a woman involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, according to evidence shared Tuesday by the House select committee investigating the insurrection. . . . .

Screenshots of the texts were displayed during the select committee’s latest public hearing Tuesday afternoon, which focused largely on the involvement of domestic violent extremist groups in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“This week I feel guilty for helping him win,” Parscale wrote.

Pierson replied: “You did what you felt was right at the time and therefore it was right.”

Parscale responded, “Yeah. But a woman is dead,” adding with apparent shock, “Yeah. If I was trump and knew my rhetoric killed someone.”

Pierson told him, “It wasn’t the rhetoric.”

But Parscale shot back: “Katrina. Yes it was.”

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Reveal he is liberal, which he has and is.

6. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We don’t know if a message was left and what was said. Cheney didn’t say. If it was just a missed call, you are right.

7. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Yeah pretty much as he was given a chance to have some other gop members on the committee

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes. Here are more Trump-inspired posts shown at the hearing yesterday . . . . .

Screenshot_20220713-091543_Chrome.jpg

10. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Many are just disappointed it did not work. We may not be as fortunate next time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I can't speak for Trump backers of course but if this does not energize Democratic and Independnt support, NOTHING will.

I bet Trump has trashed 5 Televisions watching these hearings.

Hey, you try to overthrow the Gov't, voting and the will of the majority there does tend to be consequences, even for the teflon Don.

12. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Faux news still ignoring the Ugly Truth? LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I read about this last night and did not watch.

I thought that I already thought the worst of Trump and his people. But I have to profess that even with my dislike of him, I was shocked at exactly how clear it was that they thought violence would occur, and were not only okay with it, actually open to it and perhaps hoped for it if necessary to accomplish their goals. They certainly consciously planned to create conditions for violence to occur.

I'm just still shocked that it didn't turn out even worse

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    are these tweets and texts just keyboard bravado though? even if they are, there are too many brainwashed people out there

15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    From what I read, there were not just random tweets seemingly tweeted in a fit of anger. There were very calculated coordinated attempts to create the conditions for violence on January 6. Certain of his tweets in late December were viewed by Twitter employees and by those receiving them as a specific call to be there on January 6 to disrupt the process, potentially using violence

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    It’s hard to tell with “anonymous” tweets and messages. Some would be the deranged RW militia types, some could be trolling 15 year old call of duty kids, some could be Russian intelligence and other bad actors (Trump operatives?) just trying to stir the pot. Big picture is “all of the above”. Similar to mass shooters, the only way to assess a particular “open threat” of violence is to tie it to a real person and evaluate whether that person is a threat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am relying on Heather Cox Richardson's summary. Too much to C&P. A small part, but read the whole thing:
    Then he typed the words: “Big protest in D.C. on January 6. Be there, will be wild!”

As Trump continued to post about January 6 on Twitter and continued to insist he had won the election, militias, white supremacists, and conspiracy theorists began to work together to coordinate an attack on the Capitol. The Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, along with other extremists groups, worked with Trump allies to plan the attack. Those allies included Michael Flynn and Patrick Byrne.

The committee produced evidence from a number of emails and tweets from Trump and other organizers saying that after the rally, Trump would urge attendees to march to the Capitol, undercutting the argument that the move was spontaneous. In fact, it was long planned.

In his speech the next day at the Ellipse, Trump insisted on inserting attacks on Pence and urging his supporters to “fight like hell [or] you’re not going to have a country anymore.” That rhetoric, former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale told Pierson, had caused people to die.

July 12, 2022

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I think he did. Biden won 2020 by a large margin and a driver was ABT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    "are these tweets and texts just keyboard bravado though?"

No.

received_680723919569671.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    no doubt it happened, but they didn't come with firing squads and blindfolds and I seriously doubt that anybody would have let anyone actually hang somebody. Put em all in jail, starting with Trump, they deserve it, but the hyperbolic remarks quoted to enflame the situation detract from the fact finding to me.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.