Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It's Official: You are better off now than you were under Trump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Sep 17, 2024 at 5:10 PM.

1. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Look at how Trump’s resume compares to Harris’ and you think he’s qualified to lead this country? Lol. Homeboy was a reality TV star with no political experience when he was elected, and believe me, that has showed every step of the way. Dude is incompetent beyond measure and a vile human to boot.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2024 at 9:19 AM
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    You’re gonna vote for a rapist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I guess ur vote is going for a dumazz hoe ?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Trump was the President of the USA!
    Did a great job
    Enough said

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    Many disagree, and could argue both those assertions effectively.

You're voting for a guy who was adjudicated to have, and in legally unrelated comments ADMITTED TO.....just grabbing women by their genitals without permission.

Just grab 'em Don. Put your hands and fingers wherever you want. Don't even ask - you're a star.

People like Wing will still vote you for President. Even after appx 25 such accusations

Got any daughters, sisters, aunts, mom, female friends, Wing? Would ya mind at all if they were just grabbed by the *&^*&^% ?

Be proud of your candidate, sir!

6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Weird spiking of the football when you’ve done literally nothing to refute the OP.

It is indeed an opinion peace, and even a clearly politically biased one, however the thing he is cheerleading on is the empirical facts on real wages. Do you dispute that wage growth has been exceeding inflation for over a year now? You just think establishing “iT’s aN oPiNiOn PeAce” is a winning argument?

I see how you can be confused on opinion pieces when one side uses empirical economic data to create theirs, whereas the other side is discussing Facebook rumors of household pets being eaten. Why I bet you’re even ok with “alternative facts” when it suits you, as far as i can tell the opinion in the OP didn’t have to deploy a single “alternative fact”.

7. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    He was a god awful president and every metric and ranking by presidential historians bares that out. Tripled the deficit, completely botched a pandemic, less jobs then when he entered, and we are under his tax plan now which is the cause of so many financial hardships for people, but yeah, great president. My ass.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Napier was the coach of the Gators.
    Did a great job.
    Enough said.

This statement makes about as much sense.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Doesn’t change the fact that 2.5 is 25% higher than 2.0.

10. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, 2.5 is 25% higher than 2.0. But that's not what you've been arguing. You've been arguing that inflation is 25% higher than the target. That's one of the dumbest attempts at framing the situation I can imagine. At least I'm getting the sense that you are now finally realizing you are wrong, and trying to reframe what you've been saying.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Holy shit man.

It’s already expressed in terms of %’s.

Let’s dumb this down even further. Interest rates just went from 5% to 4.5%. Would you call that a .5% cut or that “interest rates were cut 10%”? Find us any reputable source referring to the feds 10% rate cut today.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Not a UF Grad.

13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I would have thought the amusing chatGPT thing would have ended the discussion, but then had to realize it’s a boomer Trumper.

They know more than the generals. More than than the doctors. More than the economists. More than mathematics. More than… chatGPT? Well who needs AI anyway? Just ask a boomer what they find on YouTube. Good enough.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach

15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I have no other choice. That’s what if has come down to ! I can’t stand the bastid but he is better for America. She will probably win but it’s gonna be a chit show! Get ready ! Hope u are ready. Just think about it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Ok, this is silly, I hate to say anything positive about aging, but this is a case where you are both right.

The confusion is caused because the item you are talking about is already a %.

We are 0.5% off from the target of 2%. 0.5 is 25% higher than 2. Both statements are true.

That said, anyone that thinks being 25% off of a target of 2% is a sign of a terrible economy is a moron.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    The only real plan Trump has is to steal as much of the US treasure as he can, just like his hero Putin did in Russia.

18. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Not at all. Inflation, by nature is a rate. It does not need to be defined. I’ve long had the sense that you knew you were misleading people with your .5% nonsense. But since it’s an election year, the need to cover up the sins of the incumbent override any and all concerns of honesty or integrity.

Since you are so concerned with past statements, go back and look at postings in 2021 when Bidenomics was being implemented. I believe that you will see that I, as well as many others were very clear that the excess spending was going to drive inflation. I also believe that you will also see yourself and many of your cohorts years vehemently disputing that premise and calling us all kinds of names and claiming that we didn’t know what we were talking about. Now you’re here arguing about how to portray the magnitude of the problem at hand, the same one that you originally denied would materialize.

Maybe soon you will put 2 and 2 together, but I doubt it.

19. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What POS misogynistic comment. Good grief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    The spiking of the football was about "it's official" - sorry: an opinion piece is just that; and, there's nothing "official" about it no matter what the OP ED writer puts in his headline or the THFSG poster copies. The fact that there has to be such an overreach on the initial claim points to concern or desperation. I'm sure we'll see many more headlines in the coming weeks about how "POTUS 45 did this and that to me....." and "These 7 economists warn of problems with POTUS 45 and the economy...." It's okay - we're kind of inured to it now.