Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It's official: Biden has ruined Christmas for all of us

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Dec 16, 2023.

1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    The first photo posted is a total photo shop. Mrs Obama was not present when the Spanish princess and Carla Bruni were photographed. The clueless classless post says more about the person who posted it than it does the 3 women in the 2 photographs.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Good grief. Possibly, maybe, I know it’s a stretch… but could I have been referring to the two First Ladies as privileged people? You know… the two people responsible for the decorations that garnered far more attention than necessary?

3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Oh, bless your little heart, sorry these photos upset you.
    I love how you always try to make yourself look so much better than others, and you're not. You always take your little cheap shots or attempt to belittle Indvidual's which says more about you as a person.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The antidote/antithesis to Fox’s message on the meaning of Christmas is the somewhat modern classic “Some Children See Him”. I’ll post JT’s cover and a story on its origin. This message should be counterprogrammed against the Fox message as a cleansing agent.

When considering the text of “Some Children See Him,” it is important to remember how few descriptions of the appearance of Jesus we have in the Scriptures. He is a famous rabbi and prophet across the land, and the soldiers need someone to point out who he is. They cannot trust a description to pick him out of a crowd in the Garden of Gethsemane. During the transfiguration, Matthew describes that “his face shone like the sun” (Matthew 17:2, CEB), but otherwise, he goes without description. We know who his parents were and the rough complexion of Jews in Roman Palestine, but not much more. The most prominent description of the Messiah comes from the prophet Isaiah, “He possessed no splendid form for us to see, no desirable appearance” (Isaiah 53:2b, CEB).

From the days of the early church, Christians all over the world have projected onto Jesus the characteristics of their own individual people. We can see this in images from Ethiopia to Norway to China.

“Some Children See Him” is not a hymn of history and should not be read or sung as one. In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus says, “I assure you that whoever doesn’t welcome God’s kingdom like a child will never enter it” (Mark 10:15, CEB). The hymn takes this verse seriously and tries to imagine how children view and understand Jesus. In this way, it does not take a leap of imagination to say, “Some children see him lily white,” or “bronzed and brown,” or “almond-eyed,” or “dark as they.” One way of accepting God’s kingdom as a child is to look with the openness of a child, where difference is not primary, but where baby Jesus is just like our own self.

IMG_2043.jpeg
    The Story Behind “Some Children See Him” – Penns Valley Charge of the UMC

5. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Wait....so you mak a post attempting to belittle M Obama, and it's a cheap shot because it's photoshopped too. And now you're mad because you got called out and that person is belittling you? I swear, sometimes you just can't make up the irony

• Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol I didn't attempt, I succeeded. I'm not mad at all, I was just pointing out the Fact of who she is.
    So why are you upset, I swear some local libbies posters get worked up so easily

7. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just an fyi, I'm not upset....I'm laughing at you. Someone being this obtuse is just comical

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, what's good for goose is good for the gander

9. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Come to Jesus.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, I don't get it either. It's pointed out that Kid Rock has ended his boycott of Bud Light and one of our resident conservatives responds with 'oh, yeah, well here's a photoshopped image that pretends Michelle Obama is really a guy!'
    Rightwing media goes apeshit over a new interpretation of the Nutcracker and another poster posts photos, at least one apparently photoshopped, to show that Michelle Obama isn't thin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If you have to use photoshopped images, you aren't pointing out facts.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Nope. Quite the opposite. You’re promulgating falsehoods

13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Are you falsely trying to say Michele Obama doesn't have a big ass? Your blatantly lying then, that is a fact

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  14. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I found the video creepy. If it wasn’t posted on here I wouldn’t know it exists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Can we just focus more on what's important?
    Carla has really nice calfs.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Don’t listen to them. I think you are extremely brave trying to make fun Michelle Obama’s looks. It is especially meaningful as an anonymous poster. You are really fighting the fight on here and I am impressed. We are all proud of you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Says the pot calling the kettle black...we know exactly where you're coming from amigo....

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Just put him on ignore. Dude is not interested in honest discussion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Jesus would probably take a whip to both houses.

20. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Many people likely care but won’t say anything for fear of being shouted down.