Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It's official: Biden has ruined Christmas for all of us

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Dec 16, 2023.

1. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Weird I didn't picture you to be into old gals like her, each to their own

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Same energy as Megyn Kelly proclaiming that Santa could only be white. This sounds trivial, but it's actually pretty deep. So much of what motivates the anger of the Fox audience is the fear that white supremacy will not remain totally supreme.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Wut!?

You demand masculine and heterosexual…*checks notes*… male tap dancers? This is like being shocked and concerned to learn that male college football cheerleaders are gay.

I find this take incredibly odd because nothing seemed sexualized about this. Actually watching the video I wondered what I was supposed to be offended about. My guess was the multiracial makeup of the dance troupe and the flower hat dude.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Basically where I am on it. I tend to prefer pretty traditional stuff at Christmas, because memories have a lot to do with the celebration. As commercial as it is, 'Silver Bells' playing as you walk through a decorated mall at Christmas. A nativity scene in front of a church. Lights off in church, holding a candle and singing 'Silent Night' on Christmas eve. (Not that I go to churches or malls anymore ...)
    But the laughable faux anger over a different version of the Nutcracker is simply absurd. Because, apparently, it's not Jesus, it's not family gatherings, decorating the tree, it's not even Santa Claus ... the Nutcracker is the true spiritual soul of Christmas and shall not be tampered with.

Of course, let's not pretend they're really upset about the dance. It's just a way, any way, to blast Biden. Because that's what Christmas is all about.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Agree.

Which is why I disagree, with playing into it.

Hold off on the 'outrage', and you don't generate clicks, views, and attention to it.

Bitch about it, and you feed the beast that will never tire of generating more shit to bitch about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I watched the "shocking clips" of the video on Fox link ... expecting to see something shocking ... didn't see it ... what am I supposed to be looking for? The fox news version kept showing a black couple dancing, with a guy dressed like a guy, and woman dressed like a woman ... but ... I mean, they were black, is that it?

9. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Imagine getting upset by this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I don’t care at all.. privileged people doing stupid privileged people stuff. Christmas isn’t ruined and won’t be by stupid people at least no for me.
    However, wasn’t there all this faux outrage about melanin trumps Christmas decorations? Seriously I can’t remember for sure but I think there were quite a few articles and stories and even some posts about it. What’s the difference? One was liberal one was not. Both were stupid privileged people doing stupid privileged people stuff.

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I thought the video was weird. Wasn't my thing. So I turned it off pretty much immediately and went on with my life.

12. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    You’re correct. It’s the exact same thing.

13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Certainly her red trees drew their share of criticism. But I remember it for being a matter of taste. I don't remember anything close to claiming she was giving the finger to Christians and all Americans. That she had ruined and perverted Christmas.

Do you?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Pretty sure I very was clear when I said I seriously couldn’t remember for sure…
    I think that means .. no I don’t remember which is perhaps why I asked.

15. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Like the new avatar - American badass

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    These people are dancers based in NYC. I looked at the bios on their page and many of them are award winning and seem successful at their craft, but I doubt a tap dance troupe is super rich or “privileged”… whatever that is supposed to mean. They are performers. I wouldn’t assume they make great money.

I don’t recall outrage about the red Christmas trees, that isn’t the term I’d use. I think some people mocked it or compared it to the imagery of handmaids tale, because let’s face it the all red look definitely was odd. I seem to recall it was traditionally Czech or something like that. I think you are unintentionally hitting on what’s going on here, the aggrieved must find perpetual outrage and tit-for-tat.

17. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    He's missing that most of the country doesn't give a damn about the right's culture wars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Yep, the normalization of moral nihilism has been successful, which is why people don’t give a damn. That is the evidence that they have succeeded.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Nah I'll take the left's morality over the right's 'morality' any day.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1