Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is the Democratic Party insane or something else?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Oct 22, 2023.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I have no interest in arguing with defenders of and apologists for Donald Trump or members of his cult. Over and out.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  2. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    like I give a poop on what topics you want to “argue”. You don’t know what that term means. You post delusional conspiracy theories…that is not argument. Further, Just because I call you out on it doesn’t mean I give a crap about Trump. I care about Liberty, Freedom and this Great Country I live in. Trump is irrelevant.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Heck, if you love Trump that much ….ewww. But you do you bro. No judgement here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I wasn’t trying to be funny. My scenario is more likely than den leaders having a sane, rational, and productive meeting with him.

Biden has never been bright. On his best day in his prime he was a dim bulb. What makes you think that he is capable now when he is probably at 35-40% capacity?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Your use of the terms monarchy or dictatorship seems to be describing a system government in which the leader has absolute immunity from criminal prosecution for any act of his while in office? The prime example.
    Trump’s “Absolute” Immunity Argument Is Even Worse Than It Looks

7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Biden has always been inarticulate for a politician. That doesn't mean that he isn't bright. It's common knowledge that he has had to overcome a speech impediment. He is actually brighter than his immediate predecessor although what appears to be stupidity on the part of the former president is probably more attributable to a combination of laziness, wilful ignorance and extreme narcissism than outright stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think it was anger so much as a lack of trust in Hillary, and Trump being an outsider to Washington, and a really good con-man. Trump could speak to his voters in a really simple way, without using too many of the "big words" he allegedly knows, and persuade them that he was telling the truth, or "telling it like it is."

9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    literally zero to do with immunity. Zero!

10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    But it IS his age and a perception that he will not be able to handle the pressures f the presidency much longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ideally, to me, the best option would be for Biden to ditch Harris (who is afraid of taking on presidential responsibilities), get a real presidential candidate as V.P., get re-elected, work a year or so and then resign due to his age or health concerns. I would probably prefer Whitmer to Newsome. California liberals seem to be really out of touch with the problems of the rest of the country (at the very least, they have different problems, and a lot more money to throw at them compared to other states). Michigan more closely resembles the rest of the country to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Yep. Good pt. Harris ain't helping the ticket. If Trump could get someone who is not totally absurd, s/he would boost him too.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Biden is the incumbent President and has done a decent enough job cleaning up Trump's messes. They're not going to tell the incumbent President not to run. Nixon was an anomaly. He literally committed multiple crimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Biden v. Trump 2: Older, dumber, ridiculouser

Gotta say, I will savor NOT voting more than usual.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I wasn’t referring to the way he talks. I was talking about the stupid things that come out of his mouth.

Trump is no gem either, and he has nothing to do with this. Are you going to argue over who is better looking; Rosie O’ Donnell or Joy Behar? They’re both brutal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No those Republicans who don’t like Trump wish the Democrats had an option who isn’t 80 years old and one who doesn’t know what day it is.

But alas, the option is Joe Biden and that is an indictment on voters and both political political parties that he and Trump will be the last two standing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    You would think so, wouldn't you? But that's not really the problem. It's third party candidates, like Cornel West and RFK Jr., who can take enough votes away from Methuselah to put treason right back in the White House. And they're running at least partly because Biden won't retire, though West may be delusional enough (according to an interview he had) that he thinks he can "win this thing," and RFK Jr., against whom there is unfortunately no vaccination, probably thinks he can win because his name is Kennedy, even though his own kinfolk despise him.

Trump, Trump, Trump, the boys are marching.

18. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    What about Klobuchar? She isn’t exciting but she exudes competence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I wouldn't vote for someone whose name I can't pronounce. (I think it sounds too much like Clobbered.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Typical response when someone's trolling gets blown up with facts.

Go back to your buddies at Daily Stormer.