Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is Fan apathy setting in?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorzilla91, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, one of the greatest things about college football was the bowl season, and now thanks to greedy selfish people at the top of college football that seems to be gone.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    It seems to me that Mullen was using one good/great year here as a jumping off point into the NFL... but it failed to materialize. Yep, you could call it lazy too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Was that the player that spilled the beans on Mullen and his laziness in recruiting? The next year Napier forced him out with two others? That player? A defensive player, I believe. I forgot his name, if that's what you are talking about. Several people talked about that article written in some other site.

4. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I would like to tie some NIL bonus money to playing in bowl games, if that's even possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    It isn’t.

6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, I know, but I still want it. Lol... :D;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You’re talking about next season as if we already finished with a losing season. “Say Utah blows us out, we lose to UT and Kentucky at home and …..”

This is straight up hyperbole. Do you start out every endeavor having already decided you’re going to fail? Man, being a loser can be a self-fulfilling prophecy, and you’re certainly off to a strong start. Sucks to be you

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Colorado
    That's not what I said. What I said was that people say Napier get a third year regardless, and I was saying that if things go bad, he won't.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. tmape01

tmape01 Junior

Apr 18, 2007
    watch out bruv, all the dudes who don’t go to games anymore and attack actual fans from their keyboards won’t like to hear anything close to reality.

they’re all angry about NILs and not going to games is now a “principled stand” (even though they haven’t been to more than one game a season since Urban left).

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Colorado
    Let me be clear. I think we will win 8 or 9 this year. I think that because I think that 9 wins is the minimal reasonable total at UF. Even when people are saying we're down, we've averaged the 10th best class nationally for the last five years. We out-talent almost everyone we play. So I think we'll win eight or nine. That's my prediction for the season.

However, IF things go bad thy way I described, I don't think Napier survives it. That's all I'm saying. But I am not suggesting any of the things will happen, just if they do, I don't think he's built enough enough good will to survive. And if we've lost four before we play UGa, most of the people o this board who are suggesting that he's untouchable will be among the loudest voices calling for his head.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I have searched everywhere and everyone who may have run it or wrote it and so far I haven’t found it yet. I remember this player wrote us off after coming during Mullens time and he and his parents weren’t greeted by anyone and had to make several inquiries around campus before finally finding the host. It was explained as a miscommunication. Then at the Friday night BBQ, Todd Grantham, who was the main recruiter for this player, disappeared without telling the player or his family.
    The article went on to relate a couple of other recruiting experiences. Really eye opening. Wish I were a little sharper gatorrick. I can remember what happened in 1958 pretty clearly, but recent events: not so much.
    Sorry.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Nah, it just a sign of wisdom to think positive, in a positive light, and not worry before it's time to worry. There are some concerns in the back of my mind about this upcoming season but it's too early for me to even dwell on it.

I let the coaching stuff happen... because I was in the stands watching the Gators play way back when we did suck (0-10-1), and it didn't matter to me, because I am a true blue Gator fan that will see the Gators play whether we're great or just an average rebuilding team.

I was there in the stands, watching LIVE in person, when Chris Collinworth was playing for the Gators. All the way to every single game back in the 1996 football season when Danny Wuerffel was QB1.

That's why this off season stuff doesn't bother me so much. And yes, the NIL still sucks.

Napier is the right man for the job, you just have to be patient.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I got season tix - SEC 20 — where are yours?

14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What an absurd post

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    This?

Behind the Scenes look at recruiting under Dan Mullen - Inside The Gators

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There will be people calling for his head with one loss, always are. But the powers that be are good with him and that's no going to change next season. He has plenty of good will with those that matter. Period

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Well you’re wrong

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I just go to the marque games when I can afford to do so. I went to Utah, LSU, and fsu last year. The home schedule next year doesn’t look so good but I hope I can make a couple. Hopefully we are better than expected and I feel like it’s worth it. It’s an expensive trip for me.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

For sure. It’s expensive to stay the night — make that 2 nights. Especially if you do it right

• Agree Agree x 2