Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Inflation is Transitory! Inflation is Transitory! Inflation is Transitory!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jun 21, 2024.

1. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    The only reason to discuss things with him is to correct all of his misinformation. It's certainly not to change his mind about anything or to give him something to think about. That's not possible. So you just correct the misinformation and move on.

2. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Poster (boy) for irony "There you go just as I said. You are just a biased lefty. On top of that, you have the nerve to post crap like in the following post about Nobel Prize winning economists as if I would trust any one of them as far as I can throw them" Then states others here have snowflake mentality after stating " Please, quit wasting my time with your democratic talking points garbage. I'm done with your blah, blah, blah"
    Verbiage that would succinctly define a triggered snowflake. Priceless. Keep on digging!

3. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Shows what you know, I conversed plenty with AzCat on this issue. I have conversed with AzCat on many other issues too. We know each other well insofar as you can know anyone through a keyboard. It's only when we hit final impasse that one of us tells the other to get lost, but only on the issue being discussed.

I expect to have some rounds with AzCat on a variety of subjects. Of course, we aren't going to change each other, but we usually share quite a bit of information.

4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Then please, post a link stating Trump's policies will not be inflationary.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    From post 161:
    It's only when we hit final impasse that one of us tells the other to get lost, but only on the issue being discussed.

6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    So no link?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gatormike51

gatormike51 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Inflation is never been transitory. The 20% increase since Biden took office is baked in. Everything you buy for the rest of your life is going to have a 20% kicker things are gonna cost 20% more for the rest of your life. Enjoy.

8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Well, that’s the way it generally works, no?

[​IMG]

But when people were referring to “transitory inflation” they were referring to some of the stuff that had parabolic moves that were really boosting that top line inflation. Things like lumber and building supplies and eggs had reasons which mostly resolved themselves, and yes prices are way back down on those certain commodities.

I don’t think people (at least anyone with basic economics and some critical thinking ability) expect service industry inflation to reverse itself, because much of that is baked in the cake with labor costs.

9. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    That’s only half the cost of living. Any idea what the other half is doing?

10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He knows Obama is Biden's daddy... still in control.

11. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    You mean the one where she admits that inflation IN NOT TRANSITORY like she originally lied about?

12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    This reminds me of a twitter post that was shown on TigerDroppings... Some bought a list of things from Amazon 4 years ago and then did repurchased that same exact same list again recently and it was 4 times as expensive as it was just 4 years ago. I don't trust these numbers on inflation to tell the whole truth about the prices of goods and services. Inflation is far higher than these people are stating it is.

13. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Now hold on a second, Rick. You're not telling us you actually believe there might exist a...a...a conspiracy are you? Stop the presses!!! Really?

14. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    The MSRP on a 2024 Triumph Speed Triple is 27% higher than the 2020 model.