Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Incoming Haitian Invasion Into Florida? DeSantis Needs To Be Prepared.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by thelouisianagator, Mar 13, 2024.

1. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Haitians are very hard working people with traditional values. Most are devout Roman Catholics. Many hate the Clintons. I believe that the majority vote Democrat, but honestly, their values mostly resemble a conservative Republican’s. The younger generation are slightly more liberal, but if you talk to older Haitians like my parents you would think they were Republicans. My dad is far right and does not vote Democrat. Fox News and NewsMax watcher. Dislikes all Democratic politicians. He is not the only Haitian I know like this.

I respect you… always have, but to see you click “informative” on hateful posts about my people is disappointing, and I’d even go as far as to say it’s hurtful. I expect more from you OB.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Why are you telling us this?

3. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    And yet here you are supporting the racist ramblings of someone just because they support your "political party." (Which is now actually a criminal organization. )

Just like you'll vote for people who's current primary function is to defend an un-American criminal.

May I compliment you on your "values", sir?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I meant no ill will towards you or your family.
    Honestly, I didn’t give it much thought when I rated that post.
    I was mostly just making a joke about immigrants voting democrat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I know you didn’t. I think you are influential, here, and your endorsement means something to the other conservatives. With power comes responsibility.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Appreciate the sentiment, but my influence…
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Come on Bluke. I know you like getting a rise out of folks, but you're better than encouraging this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I jumped the gun when I saw your reply and didn't see your enhance with murph. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
  11. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    Apparently, it is wrong to have any judgement of anyone based on your own personal experience.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    There's a very large difference between judging someone based on your interaction with them versus judging an entire group of people based on that interaction.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    Yes, you are correct! And I think he explicated explained his experiences was with multiple ethnic groups over a period of seven years and his conclusion from his experiences is what he wrote. I didn't read where he condemned everyone from Haiti, just his personal experience over seven years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    I would like to personally thank the right wing influencer O&B for my winner emoji!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Again, if the right has any desire to win back moderate voters they don't need to encourage this shit. They need to call it out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    I hear you and respect what you are saying. And I do believe it is not appropriate to call out any group as a whole, but it happens here every day, it is just not from the color of their skin. I also respect someone's opinion from their own personnel experience. We have no idea how many people he interacted with to develop his opinion. Was it 1? 100? 1000? 10,000? I have no idea, but my assumption is he hasn't come to his conclusions based on just a handful of interactions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    LOL. And, for example, nor did Trump condemn an entire race or nationality when he publicly stated (lied) that immigrants coming from Mexico were rapists and criminals.

He was just communicating his personal experiences. And that's OK!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass

Don't go to battle for this guy.

Edit: My original post was edited by a mod, which is fine. I'm just surprised if someone literally admits to something you can't bring it up. But no biggie

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
  19. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Given the fact that several posters here keep saying "The Haitians" tells me that they need to get out more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    Ok And I would tend to say that in general I don't view what I write as going to battle for any one poster or anyone side. I view what I write is my opinion on any varying topic. We may agree on some things and disagree on others and generally write what I do because I do like an honest opinion of my thoughts. It is why some posters here are very enlightening to read what they say and how they arrived at that conclusion while others not so much. He may be a racist and may should be condemned but if I am going to grow as a person and my beliefs, I need to understand other reactions to what is written and more importantly why. I have to admit that I missed where he condemned all Haitians but saw where you quoted it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1