Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Incoming Haitian Invasion Into Florida? DeSantis Needs To Be Prepared.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by thelouisianagator, Mar 13, 2024.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    No comment necessary. These quotes speak volumes.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I always heard that they tasted like chicken.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    You're right. Because unlike many here I've had genuine real world experience with a lot of groups from different countries. Not just watching them through the lens of the media.

You have to understand, I had to deal with these groups for 7 years. While all groups had their good and bad, Haitians were by far the worse. Does that mean every Haitian was rude, disrespectful and ungrateful? Of course not. But my experience with Haitians as a whole and their culture was absolutely very negative.

You can call me anything you want, but you can't discount my experience. So let's try to have a genuine discussion about it. The Haitians I had to deal with never even tried to learn English, even a word, for the most part. I had to try to use Google translator to figure out what they were saying. They weren't patient at all, even though I was the one trying to help them. They were rude and aggressive, sometimes physically. Several of the Haitian men were so aggressive simply out of impatience that they had to be either fired or banned from the offices without Security present. I'm a guy so I wasn't intimidated but being in HR of course we had several women, some quite small and petite who could easily be intimidated.

Heck the Haitians don't even respect each other. I routinely saw Haitians trying to steal paper paychecks from other Haitians. I saw some Haitians trying to bully other Haitians into giving them their complimentary tickets so they could sell them for money (which of course is absolutely against Company policy). Many were fired due to attendance and just in general being unreliable.

We did not have anywhere near these same issues with Mexicans, Cubans, Venezuelans and Colombians. Of course each group had isolated incidents but no one where near that of the Haitians. Heck one time I even had a Haitian tell me "you better start learning our language boy, we're taking over" to which I could barely contain my laughter. But still, it showed the disrespect.

You all act about adding to the community or helping the country, I never saw that. The Haitians always stayed to themselves and their enclaves. I never saw them volunteering their time for charities or doing things to make their communities better. As for helping the country, sure as heck they didn't economically. Like many immigrant groups all their money went back to Haiti so it almost immediately left the U.S. economy. How does that help the U.S.?

I also remember how all of the Haitians would take their Vacation each year all at once (though of course not at the same time). So if they had 3 weeks of Vacation they took it all at once. Did they ever spend that money in the U.S.? Of course not, they went back to Haiti for 3 weeks. It never even occurred to them that since they are in the U.S. maybe it would be nice to help the U.S. economy and explore some of the great areas this country has to offer. Nope they all went back to Haiti just to live in third world condition. I mean it's their time off, seems like a pretty miserable way to spend it to me, but so be it. Heck you would think, in the very least, they would maybe fly family up to Florida to go to the theme parks or to just go to another country and be out of the third world for a few weeks. To me that would be far more valuable for their family. It just always dumbfounded me that they had no interest in exploring the U.S. at all. But again, no economy benefit for the U.S.

Were there a few good Haitians, of course. Were there some that were grateful, yes. But they were the minority, which was sad. And it wasn't just me who had a negative experience. When my HR department went to a separate centralized environment in 2017, we all were relieved and happy. We were ecstatic when it was announced that live in person paychecks were no longer offered and it was Direct Deposit or delivery via U.S. mail.

So was my entire department racist? Was my entire department a bunch of horrible people? Because that's what you'll have to say. Of course you are wrong but you'll never admit that.

The point being is, for the vast majority of Haitians, there was never any true gratitude for saving them from their Third World Lifestyle. There was no love for the U.S. The U.S. was simply economic opportunity for them. If England offered a better economy opportunity they would be gone in a week. They never even tried to even remotely assimilate into U.S. culture, whether that be by learning more English, learning U.S. customs, celebrating U.S. holidays, watching U.S. sports, traveling to U.S. cities, anything. They are a rude and ungrateful people for the most part. They are an incredibly damaged culture which of course is probably a big reason why their own country is in such terrible shape. They don't even respect other Haitians never mind people from other countries. They did not add to the U.S., they took away from it.

So sure maybe I'm jaded, maybe I'm being too hard, too mean. But if there's one group I don't want invading Florida again. If there's one group I don't want the state to have to support again. If there's one group, it's Haitians. And I think I have a ton of valid reasons to feel that way. But please, share your opinion.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Ain't nobody reading all that

• Agree x 10
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  5. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Troubling.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    Sorry you can't deal with someone who had to interact with Haitians regularly for almost 7 years and has real experience instead of just what you see on TV.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I can't? Isn't there an ignore button here?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    Then what is so disturbing to you about what I said. Again this is personal experience over years. I even said I know it's not all Haitians but that my interaction with the majority of them were negative and that my entire department largely had this experience. So what do you say about that? Is the entire department I worked in racist to you? I even said there were some that were okay but that a lot never embraced being in the U.S. There were here for economic opportunities and to send money back to Haiti, nothing more.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

So add Haitians to the maga list?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 2
  10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    You're entirely full of shit. Just about everyone on this board has had in-depth interactions with people from a variety of races/ethnicities because we all lived in Florida. As a musician, I've played in Cuban bands, reggae bands, church bands, soul bands, etc. One of my dear friends is a steel pan ensemble director in St. Thomas. One of my current colleagues, our university symphony conductor, is Haitian. Every one of those musicians and educators I've had the pleasure of working with hold higher degrees of intellectual integrity and personableness than what you display here. They should all be on this board complaining about people like you.

No doubt. I made it through the first two sentences and that was enough.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    First generation American born to legally immigrated Haitian parents. Let’s see… Granddad was a lawyer. Grandmom was a teacher. My dad has a masters in electrical engineering. My mother was an RN who worked for the Veterans Administration caring for veterans until she retired. My sister is an OB GYN, and Chief of her Division at a major hospital. She is also about to graduate with an MBA from Yale that she is doing because… why not. I am a UF undergraduate and MBA, and also a 24 year Army combat veteran and field grade officer. In my day to day, I am senior corporate executive.

I would just like to submit that not all Haitian are as you described. Most of the ones I know are hard working college educated professionals. Sure, there are many who are not, but the same could be said of any group.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 8
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    But not surprising. It's the kind of ignorance you'd expect from people of that ilk.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I am Haitian, my friend. Do I match the description he gave? Do not allow ingnorant people to influence your views.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I don’t have much experience with the Haitians except for maybe murphree.
    Actually took an Uber tonight and I chatted the driver up…he was a Haitian and he was pretty cool dude.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I read the part where he is angry Haitians had the audacity to use their 3-weeks of vacation time all at once to visit their home country instead of helping the US economy by visiting other states.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But why isn't your family making an effort to assimilate?

-louisianagator

:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    The voice of experience only counts in matters of moral relativism.:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    What do you mean, "they"?

19. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Florida Deploys Officers, Fleet to Halt Potential Haitian Influx (msn.com)

"While the US Coast Guard repatriated about 65 Haitians located near the Bahamas this week, there’s no current indication of a mass exodus to Florida, which lies 700 miles (1,100 kilometers) from Haiti.

The governor said he will send up to 133 Florida State Guardsmen to the Florida Keys, alongside additional support from the state’s National Guard, department of law enforcement, highway patrol and fish and wildlife conservation commission."

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    More news .... This makes sense but I expect some "humanitarian" groups will disagree.

Biden administration considers holding Haitian migrants fleeing gang-ravaged nation in Guantanamo Bay: report (msn.com)

"The Biden administration is weighing a plan to use Guantanamo Bay to process Haitian migrants in the case of a mass exodus from the gang-ravaged nation, according to a report.

A wave of violence has engulfed the Caribbean island in recent weeks, leading to concerns over a potential influx of illegal immigration from Haiti as the US already grapples with record-levels of migrant encounters at the southern border under President Biden.

The plan to potentially use Guantanamo Bay as a processing site calls for expanding an existing migrant center on the naval base, which is separate from the military prison where dozens of notorious terrorist suspects are being detained, a US official told CNN."

• Informative Informative x 2