Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Incoming Haitian Invasion Into Florida? DeSantis Needs To Be Prepared.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by thelouisianagator, Mar 13, 2024.

1. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    State steps up South Florida security as Haiti faces unrest

Good for DeSantis but he needs to make this a big priority. Bring any Florida National Guardsmen who are still in Texas back to Florida.

I've been worried about this now for several weeks. Haitians invaded Florida after the Earthquake in 2010. Florida was largely the only state impacted by the invasion. Many cities in Central and South Florida were negatively affected and started to look not much different than what you would see in Haiti. They don't even bother to assimilate at all into the U.S. and bring their broken culture with them.

Don't believe me? Heck just here in Central Florida go to Winter Haven, Haines City and Auburndale in Polk County. Both had areas taken over by Haitians who were then working in Florida's Hospitality Industry and they turned areas of both cities into utter sh*tholes. There were areas in all three cities that absolutely became no go zones if you weren't Haitian unless you wanted to risk being a victim of a crime.

It is beyond time for Florida to stop being the Caribbean's dumping ground anytime there's a natural disaster or political disaster in a Caribbean nation.

And yes I have personal experience with the Haitians. I worked Human Resources for a major hospitality company in Florida for over 7 years and regularly had to deal with the Haitians. Everything was a hassle with them and they wouldn't lift a finger more than they had to. They wanted you to do everything for them. I volunteered to teach many of them how to use things like the Company intranet and different software programs but they didn't care. They would argue they couldn't understand technology but were then more than willing to let you do their work for them while they would then play around with their iPhone. The Haitian housekeepers would all stop by my office on Thursday afternoons because they didn't want to get direct deposit and they were always rude and impatient. with me getting them their paper paychecks. Worse than all that though they were completely ungrateful. It's a big reason I have a problem with mass immigration.

Florida should not be forced to be the dumping grounds any time a hurricane or earthquake destroys a Caribbean country or anytime there's some political uprising or Civil War. For those Haitians who do make it they need to be deported right back to Haiti or sent to other states to the liberal sanctuary cities, just like those from Central America and South America.

DeSantis might still be licking his wounds from his Presidential Primary humiliation but he better be ready for this.

• Dislike x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  2. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    I expect DeSantis will bus any illegal entries from Haiti to DC and the northeastern US.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Just part of his "we dont want black people in Florida" policy I guess

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  4. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    If you means Haitians then yes I agree. Truly a group of people who are rude, disrespectful and all around ungrateful. Considering the conditions they were in after the Earthquake in 2010 you think they would've been grateful to be in the U.S. and away from horrid third world conditions. And yet there was never any of that.

Again Haitian strike a cord with me because I had to deal with them in the hospitality industry for years. And not some small company either. To give a hint we're talking a hospitality company that was tightly affiliated with one of the major theme parks in Orlando.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    DC and Northeast are the areas that supposedly want the immigrants. Would you not agree they would be better off in areas where they are welcomed instead of mean ole hostile Florida? If Florida is so terrible then we are doing them a favor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually a lot Haitian immigrants who left the country following the earthquake ended up in North Carolina actually doing work that native born Americans refused to do.
    Haitian Immigrants Who Helped Lift An NC Town Face Deportation
    The Immigrants Packing Your Butterball Turkey Are under Threat - INDY Week
    Haitian community flourishing in Mount Olive

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Well at least you admit your prejudice for all to see

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    The way you describe the Haitians, it seems they are a perfect match for the democrat party.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    this is your chance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    We certainly have to make tough decisions regarding taking in foreign nationals and refugees who are impacted by oppressive governments, violence, natural disasters, etc. It's true that we don't have capacity for everyone who might wish to come. Having said that, if the 2010 Hatian invasion were so devastating to Florida (not to mention Venezuelan, Cuban, and other migrants), the fears seem at odds with the boasts about Florida's booming economy, declining crime rates, and all of the other reasons why Florida (aka the Dumping Ground) is said not only to be thriving and better than ever but also the model for the country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Or, one could wonder if all those positives you enumerated would be even better without the influx of the large number of illegals. But ….. no one really knows since the control necessary for comparison doesn’t exist so any “opination” on the impact would be very subjective in nature.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    "No go zones." I remember those from like 4-5 racial panics ago. Those were good times. I remember seeing the Fox News maps and laughing with my wife, as we had just walked through one of them in Berlin and it was...quite nice. Lots of Turkish people, which is, I guess, how it ended up on the list, but quite a nice neighborhood altogether.

BTW, weren't you supposed to be taking off work to fix the Southern Border with a bunch of similar folks? How did that work out? We good on the Southern Border now?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Haitian gangs hunting down people and eating them.Some cannibals say people taste like pork, others say people have a light beefy flavor.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    It's true that counter-factuals are difficult. Not sure about 2010 Haitians, for example, but I think Florida has benefited more than it's been harmed by Cuban and Venezuelan refugees. For the recent Venezuelans, I believe both the Trump and Biden administrations extended protections for exiles/refugees who fled to the U.S. Many believed that was simply Florida politics at work, and maybe it was. But there seemed to at least be some bi-partian support and empathy for them at the time. I don't know what percentage actually came here illegally versus came to seek refuge at a time when it was allowed. But there seems to be a lot of conflation of the words "migrants, refugees, illegals, and exiles" in our immigration debates.

16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Why let others think for you? What is your description of "the Haitians?"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    Then why don't you go marry one. Newsflash buddy, you girl here isn't a Haitian woman. You want to see Haitians, here's Haitians:

Haiti.jpeg

In my 7 years of HR having to deal with a lot of immigrant groups, including Haitians, Cuba, Venezuelans, Mexicans and Colombians, there wasn't a single Haitian woman who had even half the looks of the fake picture you used.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. thelouisianagator

thelouisianagator Senior

Dec 24, 2023
    Guarantee you he was in Labadee which is all but a private island. Now let's see him go to Port-Au-Prince and see the wonderful vacation pictures he gets there.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  19. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    She is rude and ungrateful for not constantly thanking America ... would not hit.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    I encounter Haitians in Central Florida all the time. Have some crema and relax. All I can say is OP scares me.

• Funny Funny x 1