Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Immunity decision out

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jul 1, 2024.

1. ga8orman1

ga8orman1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I fear for your granddaughter also. I fear she encounters an illegal immigrant at the wrong place at the wrong time. Thanks Joe Biden. Reality check.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    As a reality check:

Murder rates are plummeting. What should we make of it?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I am sure then that you can show the data that the claims are not correct. For example, let's start with New York City. The claim is that NYC murder fell by 18%. Show me how that is incorrect.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  5. ga8orman1

ga8orman1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Typical Trumper: news they don't like is fake news, fingers in ears, jumping up and down. Next.....

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Hmmm, so your claim is that numbers of illegal immigrants are way up and that they are regularly murdering people at a rate to cause concern. And yet, the overall murder rate is going down. How does that work? Did all US citizens just stop murdering people? Legal immigrants? International tourists? How do you square these numbers?

8. ga8orman1

ga8orman1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Trump will use this SC decision to justify doing pretty much whatever he wants. He won't be removed from office by the Senate because that requires two thirds of them voting to convict and that will never happen. And after he gets out of office (if he leaves at all) using the immunity defense he can tie up any legal proceedings indefinitely ('wasting time' as you agree he is doing in the NY case) and at his age, likely never face accountability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Hmmm, so what do you fear happens when she encounters them at "the wrong place, at the wrong time?" They will teach her how to speak a foreign language?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You've fallen for Trump's BS scare tactics. More reality checks . . . .

Screenshot_20240518_080606_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240518_080734_Facebook.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 4
  12. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Yeah that was what I was getting at. If the president declared a person, or group of people, as terrorists (which I assume they can do) then they would be 100% legally protected, despite the grotesqueness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    True reality check ( it must get tiresome to be wrong so much) "
    "Some of the most extensive research comes from Stanford University. Economist Ran Abramitzky found that since the 1960s, immigrants are 60% less likely to be incarcerated than U.S.-born people.

There is also state level research, that shows similar results: researchers at the CATO Institute, a libertarian think tank, looked into Texas in 2019. They found that undocumented immigrants were 37.1% less likely to be convicted of a crime." Seems Cons hate facts.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  14. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Above the law, just the way they want him. Want to chip in for some skates to mail to mar a lago?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I get it. If I didn't want policy or competency, I'd vote for Trump too. As an added bonus, you get his dementia!

16. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 GC Legend

Mar 6, 2009
    To iterate, RTFR. All governance requires a measure of "presuming good faith." Consider you are a MAGA-ite - do you think Biden's DOJ is acting in good faith prosecuting novel/created crimes - see Friday's USSC ruling, not yesterday's ruling for that discussion.

17. SLOgator

SLOgator Speaks of the pompatice of love Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Stanford research, right. Like that’s going to be unbiased…
    I would think that most immigrants from the 60’s through 2007 were likely from Southeast Asia, Europe and certain areas of Africa under duress from commie-backed militias.
    In general these are considered to be relatively low on the crime spectrum.
    Contrast that with Obama’s border gaffes and, most recently, Biden’s open border.
    We have been deluged with the lowest of the low from all around the globe, including Red China, Russia and satellites, Iran, Venezuela, El Salvador, Cuba and many others.
    If the FBI were to keep accurate crime records, with all area’s reporting, we will see a rapid increase in the crime rate, especially violent crime.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Reading is essential. The quote states :"since the 1960s, immigrants are 60% less likely to be incarcerated than U.S.-born people." It does not stop, per your misguided reference, at 2007. By all means please link any confirmed source for your conspiracy idea that the FBI is at fault. Crying "Fake news" is juvenile, non-productive and without a subsequent assertion of additional data.... a waste of time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    We have several Cuban descended posters here. Wonder what they think of being lumped in with the “lowest of the low” and sources of future violent crime?

Outside of Central/South American gang activity, not sure what connection you have to increased crime rates. Statistically, that just ain’t so even with some element of gangs baked in.

With any Chinese or Iranians (or Russians) you would of course have to be concerned with possible spy activity or potentially even terrorism or sabotage. Nobody denies that as a potentiality. But there would also be legitimate reasons to flee those regimes. They all probably lower our “violent crime” rates.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  20. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    You spew out a lot of words, and cloak them in pseudo-legalese jargon. But at the end of the day, you're just excuse making and shilling for a traitorous criminal.

There was nothing "official" about Trump's criminal conspiracy to overturn an election. From the fake elector slates to the regular public lying to the coercion of state officials and others.

Nor was there any reason for the USSC to take appx 120 days to deliver this....continued stall tactic for a criminal.

He should have been on trial for all of this long ago. It's all just criminals defending other criminals. And people like you trying to shill for them.

• Agree Agree x 2