Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

If we hide Napier threads on too hot will they find them?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Aug 31, 2024.

1. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    I do an over/under bet on win total with friends every year: make the line for other person's team, they pick and it's 100 per game.

They made me a line of 6 wins. WTF! Took that under in a heartbeat.

But has anyone revisited the predicted win total thread? It's farcical. People saying "a floor of 7-5, a ceiling of 10-2."

Check that thread out again. Insanity.

2. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That activity would have confused our head coach.

3. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    No. I suspect he will be fired after the cocktail party.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ufhomerj31

ufhomerj31 GC Legend

Jan 5, 2010
    We should use the term free billy instead of fire billy. It sounds more positive.

I checked out on him at the end of year one. The straw was the horrible bowl game showing. I kept quite most of last year, what's the point of being negative on a message board. But same story. No half time adjustment. Team gets progressively worse as the season goes on. I will be shocked if we win more than 2-3 games. He is truly worst than Mushcamp. Actually, might be the worst coach ever for UF?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Statistically from a winning standpoint he’s on pace to be the worst ever.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I realized he wasn’t special or a championship coach when his bump class was mediocre. Then the Arkansas game last year sealed the deal that he’s not even serviceable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    Yup.

But tbh, and just as an aside; the deck is stacked against the underdogs with the crummy new transfer rules. Every mediocre team should expect to have some of its best players poached by......the best teams. Just look at that TE from Vandy crushing it for the leg-humpers today.

Napier is screwed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    As soon as he clinches 7 losses. Could be before Georgia or after.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Yeah. I was on this train last season as I starting grasping NIL and the transfer world. It's going to be incredibly hard for any team to crack into the few elite programs that have a chance to win a natty. The deck is heavily stacked for the haves in college football now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    If loss #7 is to the clowns, and the season hasn't been as embarrassing as the opener......then we'll get the chance to do all of this again next year. And if he wins at least 7 that year......we'll do it at least 1 more time. Seven losses is not actually unreasonable this year - if they're not soul-crushing.

11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting that it will take till SWAC to reach seven losses. No, I watched the game today. That could come as early as the Georgia game.

12. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    7 regular season losses means another losing season. That officially makes Billy the worst coach in UF history. He must be fired.

13. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    I get you and I agree. But I think it plausibly also might take till SWAC to reach seven losses. We might go 5-7 this year. Very possible outcome.....

I'm just introducing the concept that THAT is actually about what a rational expectation should have been for this year, IMO.

Thus I'd then be expecting in that case....not necessarily lobbying for, but expecting.....that Nap comes back after a 5-7 year.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    IMO, if he goes after the next 7 loss season, then that's fkn THIS season, and we oughta just be figuring out when to can him this year. Cuz he (we) ain't winning 6 games.

I don't post much on the football board. Hasn't everyone known we're not winning 6 this year for....well, forever? It's as obvious as....the nose...(is there a better metaphor to use)?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    I’ll be honest with you (and maybe I’ll feel differently tomorrow): at this point, I just want to get to the end of this thing. A 5-7 year is just about the worst scenario. We have another losing season; we all know 2024 won’t be any better; but somehow Napier keeps his job. Let’s just get this over with. I’m all in for Kiffin. Open the vault.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    No chance. The noise would be deafening

17. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    I think I agree with you on everything. Except that.....a 5-7 season is, and should always have been, the rational expectation. We know that Vegas set the win-total line at 4.5 waaaaay before we got undressed by scUM.

Note that that doesn't mean I'm arguing pro-Nap in any way at all. Just that....this (5-7 or worse) is precisely what we should have planned for and expected.

Makes sense. I think I agree.

This season's, and CBN's, goose was cooked before it even started. Of course, CBN had a large role in getting us to this point....

18. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    They constantly remind everyone how much they hate Too Hot posters and the Too Hot section and brag about how they avoid coming here, so the thread should be safe:)

Anyway, Lane Kiffin or spin the block on Urban. Yes I know what he did, and I don’t care. Enough of the “aw shucks, gee golly” good guys and bring back the cold-hearted winners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    This.

And get our ****ing NIL house in order. I'll admit my ignorance, so please correct as needed; but aren't we not great in that department when we really should be among the best? It's all about buying players nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I know I'm dating myself, in the 60 or so years that I've been following the Gators this will be first time that we've had three consecutive losing seasons. That says it all.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1