Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I can't believe we are living in a place...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps960608, Oct 2, 2024 at 10:48 AM.

1. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    where one of our 2 major political parties believes that they can't compete for voters without the right to lie with impunity to them.

First, Trump pulls out of a dual ticket leading interview with 60 Minutes over real time fact checking.

Then we have this:

The GOP has lowered the bar so far that it requires a shovel to locate it.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The same theme that dates back to Trump's first presidential campaign: alternative facts. It is nearly impossible to have an intelligent conversation when you can't even agree on the facts. Daring to correct them and the " censorship" card comes out. Opinions are opinions, but spewing bullshit is an entirely different matter. Pervasive, consistent, and very intentional for nearly a decade for them. Right out of the Putin playbook.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    To me it's even worse that he whined like a little baby that they "weren't supposed to fact check" because the large majority of people probably didn't know that and would have just let it go. But now he has amplified that he was lying and was totally fact checked because of it. A stupid move.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Their constant lying is astounding. As is its acceptance by grown adults.

But there's a small burden on the rest of us too; we need to do what Trumppublicans have made clear they will not - tell them that the lying won't be tolerated.

These people will sit and watch their felon lie and nod their heads and chuckle. They'll look at lies posted on this forum and won't care.

They'll claim to oppose the lying rapist felon, but will vote for OTHER members of the political organization that defends and tolerates the criminality and lying.

So the rest of us have to make clear that the lying is not tolerable.*

* (In proper situations, such as on a voluntary message board. Or a voluntarily engaged conversation.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 12:08 PM
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    When they say "illegal" they don't mean without proper legal documentation and permission. They mean it as a slur. Melania appears to have been illegally working in the US at one time. But they don't use the term for her but rather legally authorized Haitians.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Facts lol like I grew up a poor black child. I worked at McDonalds. Seems to me if fact checking is to be done it needs to be done equally with both sides.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Y'all know if Trump had said he once worked at McDonalds the fact checkers would immediately have called it "Pants on fire"......Last I saw the fact checkers were still saying about Kamala's McDonalds lie, "We have neither been able to verify or disprove this at this time". LOL see the double standard?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What's false is the narrative among the gullible right that Kamala Harris never worked at McDonald's.
    No, McDonald's didn't say 'no record' Harris worked there | Fact check

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Seriously? What do you want them to say if they aren’t able to verify or disprove something? What exactly should they say?

10. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Oh, please. Look at the lying liar you support. He even admits that he is lying. But you want to moan about KH's summer job?

If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do,” the Ohio senator said.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/15/politics/vance-immigrants-pets-springfield-ohio-cnntv/index.html

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  11. reboundgtr

reboundgtr VIP Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Jawja
    Only one party lies…classic too hot stammering :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Politicians of both parties lie. The difference is that candidates/officeholders of one party lie much more than politicians of the other party and the politician with greatest propensity for lying is heading of the ticket of said party and other politicians of said party do not have the balls to call out their Dear Leader for his lies.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Isn’t the thread about objecting to fact checking?

14. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Does Harris have him running scared? No debates and now no interview. I am puzzled because I thought that Harris is hiding from interviews. Right?

In fact, it is trump and his advisors who are keen to keep the old man from scrutiny. After all the accusations of Biden staying in comfortable settings it is Trump running from conflict.

Maybe that is for the best. But how is Trump to face down his boss Putin if he can't face Madame Harris?

Trump backs out of "60 Minutes" election special; Kamala Harris to be interviewed

Vice President Kamala Harris will be featured by "60 Minutes" on Monday, Oct. 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Former President Donald Trump has declined to participate, despite previously communicating otherwise.

"For over half a century, '60 Minutes' has invited the Democratic and Republican tickets to appear on our broadcast as Americans head to the polls," "60 Minutes" said in a statement. "This year, both the Harris and Trump campaigns agreed to sit down with 60 Minutes. Vice President Harris will speak with correspondent Bill Whitaker. After initially accepting 60 Minutes' request for an interview with Scott Pelley, former President Trump's campaign has decided not to participate. Pelley will address this Monday evening. Our election special will broadcast the Harris interview on Monday as planned. Our original invitation to former President Donald Trump to be interviewed on 60 Minutes stands."

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Not that I want people to lie brazenly, but on the same token 'fact checking' is kinda stupid and futile, and we should end our obsession with it. I'm not sure what you should or can do with people who will make up things other than simply be willing to call people liars or punish them legally when they break actual laws. You aren't going to find some truth judge to fix politics.

I think there were fact checks of the claim that illegal immigration is fueling housing costs and was rated "partially true" because there are so many variables in the market driving costs. So what was the point of that? If someone said black people are making costs high, that would be "partially true" under the same category because black people might be contributing to supply and demand.

16. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    You seemed to want to regale against both parties but I missed the Democrat example. I’ll check.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Moderators should never be fact-checkers, especially when they are continually wrong.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Quoting a Fox News reporter. Tell me how much they had to pay again for lying about the 2020 election?

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    When the CBP One app was started:

What is the CBP One app and why is it controversial?

20. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    More confession by projection

Trump has said he'll appear on 60 minutes after they issue him an apology for saying the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation
    Trump said the laptop belonged to Hunter. I forget but it's possible 60 minutes accused Trump of spreading Russian disinformation.. The dispute was between Trump and Lesley Stahl

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2