Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I am going to debate Donald Trump - Biden. Update: Rules set ...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, May 15, 2024.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

No I'm not. Because I am not demanding you vote for a republican in exchange for Biden.

Some here have pounded their chest lately that I have to vote for Biden to be taken seriously.
    I don't expect that from you or anyone who is on the left.

I am saying at this point, that no one should be telling me I should vote democratic to avoid some leftist manufactured hypocrisy, especially if they are still willing to cast a vote for what we witnessed last night.

At this point we should all be jumping ship, even if we are jumping of different sides of the boat.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. ga8orman1

ga8orman1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    WOW!! You and many of your libbie buddies are a great threat to our Republic with that kind of thinking. The Republic was formed to prevent this very thing from happening!!! There is a very well founded reason why many Republicans rightly state that the left is the true threat to our Republic (or as you say democracy).

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Lets just agree then that Biden's age, state of mind, and debate performance have nothing to do with you not voting for him. He's a democrat and that's why you won't vote for him. It has nothing to do with the person, it's the party.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    The debates may not sway a decision on how they would vote, but it sure can sway people’s decision on whether to even show up at the polls on Election Day. I think most of the country feels uninspired at this point and we’re not going to come anywhere close to the 155m votes we had in 2020. The country loses when both candidates are this awful.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Well done!! Yeah team You did great!

7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I guess the issue is if you can’t vote for any Democrat ever, even against arguably the worst Republican in history, I’m not sure how to think about that. I’ll a least give you credit for not voting for either, assuming you stick to that.

At this point I’d support Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, Mitt Romney, or Larry Hogan over Biden, mainly on the age issue. I think Biden has been on balance been a good president - more good than harm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tilly

When was that a question?

...But a couple posters have basically demanded I vote for Biden or be deemed a hypocrite that passively supports Trump, even while refusing to vote for Trump.

So I am pointing out that they shouldn't even see him as a viable option themselves after last night.

9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think you are wrong, but you are entitled to be wrong without condemnation from others. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
  11. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Kamala would a no as would Newsome. I’m not sure who Democrats have in the bullpen to be honest. But if a dem was willing to leave abortion up to the states.. I could see me voting for them over Trump.
    Does politics win out over personal life? Does lack of morals lose to completely different political views? Bill Clinton had a lack of morals in his life but was a decent to good president politically speaking. Carter had strong morals in his personal life and was not a good president but a much better man.
    Sadly we are left with a man with no moral compass and one that I disagree with politically who is mentally not able to lead the country. Both parties have failed miserably.
    Haley would be light years better. Tulsi Gabbad would be better. Joe Manchin would be better Marco Rubio would be better… I’d vote for any of those over either of these two.

12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have voted for many Dems in my life. Too many to count. I think it would be interesting to see how many on the left have voted R over the past 8-12 years or so.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Senator Klobushur would be a good start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Maybe the rules will be “moderators will make a detailed statement, candidates must either nod their head in agreement or shake their head in disagreement. All candidate microphones will be silenced at all times. Candidates will, at all times, wear sunglasses and face masks that obscure whether their mouth is hanging open or not.”

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  15. tilly

First, Lol at digdug. :D

I think both were lucky to even make it to the bowling alley.

One falsely claims he invented bowling and that he bowled a 300, all while yelling that his score would be over 300 if the scoring wasn't rigged to limit him to that number by very horrible people, while the other was mesmerized by the hand dryer and kept shuffling off and sniffing the kids on the next alley and asking what covid.. er uh..inning we are in.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It has nothing to do with his party for most people, but his platform. It's what separates all candidates. I for one could never vote for anyone who plans to implement 40% capital gains tax. My taxes would literally double and it would turn the RE market upside down. The market in which I make a living.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I’d prefer
    Each candidate gets 12 minutes to express his campaign platform. At no time will the opposing candidate interuot(muc muted). Candidates will be asked questions from the moderators regarding their platforms. At no time will candidates refer to the opposing side. Candidates may ONLY explain their plan for America over th next four years. Candidates will be on a five second broadcast delay and any insult, derogatory remark or reference to the opposition will be muted and result in a forfeiture of time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tilly

Circling back to this. I have voted for democrats on a local/state level, but I think if one took a moderate approach to abortion. (I have always been a states rights person) And would stay out of the silly men in women's locker room type stuff, of course I would.

But it will never happen because the left would never nominate that person (which is 100%, their right), but sure roll that person out and you get my vote.

19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    There's a thread from three weeks ago proposing that they both step down.

Hypothetical Grand Bargain

Plenty of folks suggested that Biden should step down. Just a few:

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Unlike the cult on the other side, I don't worship the ground Biden walks on. Hell, I'm not even a registered democrat. We appear to be down to a choice between a nursing home patient and a wanna be autocrat.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1