Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Hunter Biden to plead guilty to federal charges

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jun 20, 2023.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They refer to the Biden family. Which includes Joe Biden but of course Joe Biden didn’t get any money. Wordsmiths. And it is effective. Read the nonsense here. Identify the crime someone. Last I looked, families of political figures can do businesses.

2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Convicting was the word I was going for. The Rs have already played judge, jury, and executioner for Joe based on little more than innuendo and conjecture. No hard facts that ties Joe to anything illegal.

Speaking of facts, Shokin was not investigating Burisma at the time he was fired. That investigation occurred two years prior, and was dormant at the time Shokin was let go.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Why are you spouting off random “facts” if there is only innuendo and no evidence?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    One of your most uneducated, ill informed takes ever. Embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Skipping links on a thread doesn’t make facts any less factual just be issue they are 100 posts upthread. If you read the 2016 article from Foreign Policy which extensively discussed US policy and actions in Ukraine, including the firing of Shokin, you would know the reason Shokin was fired. Either you didn’t read it or you did and think everyone else forgot it. Either way, your statement is misleading. Shokin was fired for refusing to investigate and fire corrupt prosecutors in his office. The EU, IMF and US wanted him fired because he was corrupt. Biden delivered the message to Petroshenko that if Ukraine wanted $1 billion in development funds, Shokin had to go. And as noted by the link above, the Burisma investigation was over.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Fact is, Shokin was not investigating Burisma at the time he was fired.

What facts are there that tie Joe Biden to any of Hunter's business dealings that are not innuendo? None.

Facts are important. Facts based on solid evidence is what we should use to decide how to proceed. And in possible criminal cases, only facts based on solid evidence should be used to convict. Conjecture and innuendo? May be a good reason to start an investigation. But never close enough to convict.

And "facts" you know have no basis in truth, also known as lies, will almost always lead you down the wrong path. Like believing Shokin was actively investigating Burisma when he was fired. Which is a lie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You seem very paranoid about something you are so sure of. Are you sure you’re sure?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You really think Biden made the difference? Both the EU and the IMF called for the firing of Shokin before Biden did so and it wasn't because he was investigating Burisma but because he had a history of corruption.
    EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin
    IMF Demand For Ukraine Reform Just Latest Red Flag For Poroshenko
    Envoys pushed to oust Ukraine prosecutor before Biden

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Facts are just an inconvenience for 95.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not paranoid. If you want to believe Joe Biden is corrupt, that's your prerogative. You're entitled to your own opinions. But not your own facts. And the facts we know today don't support the opinion that Joe is corrupt.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    The facts do support Joe Biden is corrupt. He's lied to the press and the American people about a great many things over the years. You seem extremely worried about it for some reason. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Those facts exist in the same database that shows all the ones about Trump winning in 2020.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Only if you believe innuendo and conjecture are cold hard facts. And only idiots or people of questionable character take these kinds of evidence against another as gospel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You seem to be getting upset, but the cold hard facts are that Joe Biden has lied many times about many consequential things in his life. He's lied to the press and to the people. This is well-documented. It's funny you mention idiots or people of questionable character, because that's exactly what I think of when I hear and see Joe Biden speak.

15. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    I'm still waiting for the evidence that shows that Joe Biden committed a crime. Can someone finally tell me when we can expect to see it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    That's what investigations are for. Even with an indictment, we wouldn't have the full suite of evidence. Asking for a THFSG poster to lay out all the evidence at this stage is like asking why police haven't arrested a fugitive yet. It's a process. Takes a little time. Especially when certain folks are looking the other way. Be patient.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, I'm afraid we will have to be very patient. Some people do look the other way. For example, Republicans could focus their keen corruption investigators on Jared Kushner, serving in the WH directly under his FIL/POTUS (nepotism at it's worst), setting policy for the Middle East (without any qualifications in govt affairs or foreign policy), walking away with 2 Billion from Saudi Arabia despite the investment firm he represents isn't qualified for the investment. These are facts and there is no innuendo. Must be too obvious. If only Hunter and Joe were this corrupt and clever, it would apparently fly right by our astute Republicans investigating corruption.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm upset there are people in this country so blinded by partisan goggles that innuendo and conjecture replace facts.

Joe may be a liar. But whom among us has never lied? And what politician has never lied?

The allegations against Joe go way beyond lying. They include direct accusations that Joe took bribe money from Ukraine to get Shokin fired. But the facts don't support this at all. Burisma was not being investigated when Shokin was fired. The bribe allegation comes from a questionable source, and zero evidence has been proven that Joe ever took a penny of bribe money, or money from Hunter's business interests.

You're entitled to your opinion on Joe. He did plagiarize a speech once, and I'm sure he had lied before. But the head of a family crime syndicate? Just no evidence.

19. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Joe plagiarized more than one speech and was exposed for this. He has also lied about many accolades on his resume. Unfortunately, I simply can't believe him when he laughs at questions about his international dealings. He knows they were corrupt and illegal. Hopefully, they track down the money trail and we get some justice. Joe Biden sold out America.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Wake me up when there's actual hard evidence Joe took the money.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1