Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Hunter Biden to plead guilty to federal charges

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jun 20, 2023.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Stop with the "but Trump" BS. There's a major distinction between Trump and Biden. You see, Trump hasn't worked for the swamp for the past 50+ years. He was a successful multi-billionaire international real estate mogul before he ever held public office. His children were part of that real estate empire, before Trump ever held public office. Jared Kushner was nearly a billionaire himself, investing in real estate, before Trump ever held public office. Therefore, the stuff with the Trump kids doesn't get too far, because the Trump kids had legitimate interests long before Donald Trump ever entered politics.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, hasn't held a job in the private sector for over 50+ years. For the entire time Hunter has been alive. So there are no business arrangements that would involve a cut to Joe Biden from Hunter's income that didn't involve income to a public servant. What was the service or product provided for said income? You do need to realize if this is pursued, it is not difficult to connect those dots and the federal courts will absolutely connect them. That's if they are pursued. That's the million dollar question here. The impropriety is obvious. Just because, at this stage, a THFSG poster can't map out an elaborate international money laundering and bribery scheme doesn't mean it can't be done. There are people who are paid to connect these dots and they will if they are asked.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You are looking for Santa Claus to deliver you a package that shows you Biden is a crook, not me. I am asking real humans to show me the crime. You don’t like nepotism. So what? I don’t care if you like it. I don’t either. But Joe Biden did nothing illegal and your childish tantrums wont ever change it. Only evidence of a crime will. So far… there is none.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I have worked in Affiliate Marketing for the past 7+ years. I know all about $100/plate plus business dinners, especially being located near Scottsdale, AZ, and attending an annual conference in Vegas where our partners pick up the dinner bills. If there was a third party who attended these dinners as an associate our partners wanted to use to show how important they were, and business was never discussed with this disassociated third party, and no money ever went from my business to this third party person, so what?

For example, if one of our partners happened to be the child of a sitting VP, and the VPOTUS came to dinner with us, but we never discussed business with the VP, nor ever did a dime of our money ever was directed to the VPOTUS, then just how involved was the VPOTUS with my business? Very little.

Hunter is not the first person in the world to use his last name claim to fame to profit. And there's certainly a fine line between what is ethical and legal for someone like Hunter. But as to Joe. If there are no solid lines connecting him to any of Hunter's business dealings, and only a few dotted lines that Joe might have said hello on speaker phone, and attended a dinner or two with Hunter's business associated where business was not discussed, then Joe did nothing wrong.

And this is where we are at. Even the investigating Committee admits there is no evidence connecting Joe with any of Hunter's business dealings. Did Hunter capitalize on his famous last name and try and sell connections to his father in order to get business deals done? Yes. Is that Joe's fault or prove Joe ever did anything wrong? No.

4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Thanks for confirming your ignorance on the topic. Head back in sand...

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump Sr. also has a long history of grafting public officials, has a longer history of stiffing contractors, had to pay a $2 million fine for grafting his charitable organization, and can no longer run a charity, and the Trump Org was fined $1.6 million for tax evasion.

Joe Biden lived comfortably as a Senator for years, but really didn't make a lot of money until he left public office, got a large book contract, and starting speaking engagements at more than $200k a pop. It's all in his tax returns.

As for Hunter, no question he tried to use his famous last name to procure business deals that without being named Biden, would not have happened. Hunter has even admitted that Burisma likely doesn't put him on the board if his name isn't Biden. But that's not uncommon for a family member trying to monetize a famous name. And does not implicate Joe at all.

The House Committee has been investigating for months and they have admitted there is currently no evidence that Joe had anything to do with Hunter's business deals. Nor any evidence Joe ever took a penny from Hunter's deals. Hunter's close business associate, Archer, has already testified to such. I would imagine that if the Biden family accountant testifies, his testimony will back up Archer's story. If not, then I'll recant and say finally, we have some hard evidence against Joe. If the accountant's testimony is another dud like Archer's, will you admit that Joe is innocent?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Absolutely noting that so far there has been no substantive evidence indicating that Joe Biden acted improperly, just a lot of innuendo.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So effectively you're saying it's ok for Trump to do it because he was already wealthy, but not for Biden because he wasn't wealthy. Just because Trump already had a real estate empire doesn't mean his kids weren't using their proximity to Trump as President to make new deals that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

How about it's not ok for anyone to unethically or illegally use their position as President or Vice President to benefit themselves personally at the expense of the American people? I'm not talking about book deals or speaking engagements, but rather using someone's government held position to give a country favorable treatment in exchange for a personal benefit.

Investigate them both if there's any indication of wrongdoing and let the chips fall where they may.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    Wow how naive can you be?????
    Your example shows his involvement!
    If there was a third party (Joe) who attended these dinners (Hunter and the foreign partners) as an associate our partners wanted to use to show how important they were, and business was never discussed with this disassociated third party, and no money ever went from my business to this third party (only to the entire Biden family and probably paying all Joe's living expenses) person,

That is influence peddling my friend, no matter how far you put your head in ground that is influence peddling, not an illusion, not a perception, and if you think Joe did this unknowingly you are even more naive than I thought.
    Now for the legality of that, maybe not breaking the law, not a lawyer and don't know the exact laws, but if you are going to vote for a guy that allows his son to use him to make millions this way from these foreign nations because of who you are then you live with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Influence peddling? Absolutely. Hunter is 100% guilty of this. Nobody is arguing otherwise. But Joe? What is he guilty of? Trying to be a supportive father to a son who was struggling after the death of his brother and substance abuse issues?

Now again, if Joe never discussed business with Hunter, and never took a dime from any of Hunter's business associates, then Joe has done nothing wrong. It's not like Joe has the ability to control Hunter, who is an adult. And again, Hunter isn't the first person trying to monetize a famous last name. But should the person who made the name famous be held accountable? No. Not unless he also participates in said monetization.

And we're back to having zero hard evidence Joe ever did anything wrong. Both legally and ethically. He talked on the phone and attended a few dinners with his son. But unless the Committee unearths some new evidence, Joe didn't benefit from these meetings. Hunter? Of course he did. He peddled the fact he was the VPOTUS' son. But that's on Hunter, not Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Which is exactly why he would seek to monetize his influence...as VP, he finally had that chance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    And a Senator who sat on the Foreign Relations Committee and chaired the Judiciary Committee couldn't monetize it? Might not be worth as much as VPOTUS, but if Joe was corrupt as VP, it's highly unlikely he wasn't corrupt during his 36 years as a Senator.

There's no evidence Joe took any money as a Senator. Nor any evidence Joe took money as VPOTUS. Plenty of innuendo, and yes, Hunter peddled his last name to monetize Joe's position, but that's not uncommon. The most idiotic City Councilperson I ever knew in Tucson was name Fred Ronstadt, who was living off of his Aunt's famous last name. And Linda was a singer, not a politician.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    More nonsense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    If he’s innocent, then this isn’t going anywhere, right? What are you so worried about?

14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You are aware a committee chairman in Senate has far more influence on policy than the VP. The quote below from John Nance Garner, FDR's first vice president quote below pretty much sums up the real power of the vice presidency.
    upload_2023-8-10_18-30-0.jpeg
    As does this:
    [​IMG]

15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Cannot speak for him, but I don't think he's worried about what could happen to President Biden so much as concern over the waste of time in the Republican controlled House over what is essentially a political stunt. Said it before Comer, McCarthy and Jordan are essentially pursuing a strategy of continuing to throw as much sh*t on the wall with the hope that sooner or later some of it will stick.

16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not worried. If the Rs want to continue to waste time and money, that's on them. What worries me are those who so believe Biden is guilty that they think innuendo, hearsay, and conjecture is real, hard evidence, and they ignore the truth.

17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You spend an awful lot of time here worrying about people who think Biden may be guilty, but if he’s innocent, why would you worry about those people? There are always going to be people who disagree with me. I don’t worry about them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Again, if you know he’s innocent, there should be no worries at all. As I said in the Dershowitz thread, the POTUS deserves all of the constitutional protections that exist. If Biden didn’t break the law, what are you worried about?

18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    My worry is a country so polarized by politics, actual facts become meaningless. This happens, and we stop being a country worth saving. I fear we are already beyond the point of no return.

There are no facts that Joe Biden did anything wrong. That's not going to stop the Rs from convicting him. You already have.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Except Biden as VP got the person investigating Burisma fired. So, in this instance being VP was a big deal.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
  20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Convincing who? Who is him? And what I have already done?