Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

HOW IS THE OL DEVELOPING?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by doctorg8r, Jan 23, 2024.

1. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    I would not be opposed to getting Badger and Brown at Houston, but I heard that Florida probably won't go after a wr, because of having 86 currently on scholarship. I hope that podcaster is wrong. They should go after a few TP players, since they don't have to get to 85 until the fall. I suspect a few more players will either hit the portal or just move on like Simonds.
    I also agree with you about him being a developmental player.

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I really think Billy is building for the future and has blinders on regarding immediate results to save his job. We’ve had flash in the pan moments and they’re not sustainable and Napier knows that. It would really suck if foolish impatient people terminate him before he can finish the initial rebuild

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Podcaster is just another word for shitcaster.

If we can upgrade, we will upgrade. We're in the middle of the rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Back to back 5-7 seasons including a loss at Vandy tests the patience of many Gator fans awaiting the “initial rebuild”.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe. Maybe not. We're all just guessing, unless someone has a statistically-sound poll.

Even if true, the verdict of "many Gator fans" might be wrong, and in fact, counterproductive. To give us what we want, leadership might have to avoid giving us what we ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you invest your time and money going to the games? I do which certainly affects my opinion of the “initial rebuild” and might affect yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

So in other words, you go to games and demand immediate gratification. Gee how special you are!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Induring back to back 5-7 seasons while attending all home games and Fla-Ga is not demanding instant gratification. Please answer the question. Do you actually attend the games? Thanks in advance.

9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yes

10. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You have more patience than me. This year’s team could be better than the last two but with the ultra challenging schedule the record may show it.

11. northgagator

northgagator GC Hall of Fame

I have followed the Gators since the early 60's, was a student there, and I attended some games. Thus, I am not a recent member of this band wagon.

Question: What were your expectations for the 2022 and 2023? Were you expecting 8 and 5 for 2022 and 10 and 3 for 2023?

Please factor in the previous three bad hires for coaching, a sometimes inept AD, the impact of the Portal, that at the end of the 2021 season the UF Football program was a dumpster fire, and loosing both Shemar James and Mertz to injuries (in the last half of the season).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You’re right - I have more patience than you. You gotta take the entire situation into consideration — I see cause for patience with CBN based upon all that was wrong when he walked in the door: a program that had been irrelevant since target recruits were in 2nd grade, the decimated roster he inherited, the total rebuild he had to establish and execute, the culture change he had to make happen, the staff he assembled, his bust ass recruiting efforts, the comments from players and their families after visits,….. Anybody getting impatient after 2 years is either unreasonable, naive, or both.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  13. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    IMO, you throw...and make...a few long ones and THEN the defense will adjust. Gotta prove you can before you get the respect.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    That's always a possibility, and I tend to be sensitive to it; but, shoot, we all make mistakes. However, there are certain podcasters who often support their assertions with people very close to the program. My favorite guest on any podcast is Steven Harris. He's a straight shooter!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Probably better for the long run, but Napier needs to win a couple extra games this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If they are upgrades on the roster that will help us win games this year, you take them and let the chips fall

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. foot

foot All American

Mar 24, 2008
    Not to mention the crazy tough schedule he has to navigate, NIL confusions and issues and the lack of a big name to draw from. If he he pulls this off, he is the MAN.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. northgagator

northgagator GC Hall of Fame

I totally agree with you. The Gator Offense has to show that they can execute before the opposing Defense makes the adjustments. The next big step is to consistently execute the plays correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The schedule is rough, we can be a much improved team from last year, and still end up with the same record.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    Yes, and this has largely been the issue the last two years for the Gator offense--execution!