Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

How can any veteran vote for Trump?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps960608, Aug 27, 2024.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    He's using the illegal video for an actual attack ad, this is going to backfire

TikTok - Make Your Day

What an incredible piece of shit he is.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What a POS to attack the Arlington staff who are just trying to do their jobs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    And then they suggested THAT person was mentally ill. LMAO

Absolute scum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    Since when does Trump listen to when a woman says no?

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    From the incomparable Mike Luckovich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nihilism.

7. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    And trumps campaign team attempted to smear the presumed AS staff person doing their job….

“an unnamed individual, clearly suffering from a mental health episode”

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The fallout is starting to hit. Veterans and Vet Groups are putting out statements saying Trump and his staff were wrong. And even if the families Trump was with say the photo and subsequent TikTok ad were approved by the families, it is still against Arlington's rules. And the families present do not and cannot speak for all the families with members buried in Section 60.

Or as one vet with a father buried there said:

Wellman said Trump's desire to honor the fallen still had to conform with the law. "There's an actual federal law on the books saying it cannot be used political purposes," he told USA TODAY. "The families put out a statement saying, 'Oh no, we authorized it.' They don't get that right. The families don't get the right to make decisions for the other people buried there."
    My guess is Trump and his staff had permission from the families there. But never go permission from the cemetery. And when the Cemetery staff was trying to do her job, she got pushed out of way, team Trump took the photo and made an ad out of it, and then called the woman mentally challenged!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    You can tell who the leftists are on Too Hot. They’re the ones wrapping themselves in the flag.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Dude is the absolute worst. I’ll never understand how anyone can possibly support this douche canoe, he’s such a horrendously awful individual and also a terrible president to boot so it’s not like he makes up with it by being a great leader with top notch policies. Literally an absolute zero.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  11. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    They can support him because they are awful people just like him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m going to start with they love their country…

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Lmfao. If you loved this country you wouldn’t support a convicted felon who tried to overthrow our democracy and is threatening to not leave power if elected again.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  14. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Add in the trumpist narrative that if you do not support Trump you are an America hating radical communist. Utter bullshit, but that is some of the kool aid they drink.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Trump is the biggest turd to ever infest our political waters and it will be nice to officially flush him in November.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If that was the case they wouldn't be supporting a scumbag like Trump. Although I disagree with them on a number of issues several conservatives who post on this board and who have been very critical of Biden and Harris have taken the position that neither can they cannot support a candidate as sleazy as Trump and out of principle are voting for a third-party candidate or writing in a name. Maybe it's just me if one is rational he or she cannot love this country and support Donald Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Sometimes you gotta flush twice!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    News flash: respect for the fallen at AC is NOT a leftist thing. It's historically also been a righty thing, and had it been, say, Harris doing what Trump did, you'd be singing a different tune. Thus, the only way to describe your post(s) is intellectually dishonest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    weird comment, especially coming from a Putin pumper.
    i don't wrap myself in the flag, but I did wear one on my uniform for 21 years.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    sister of a solider’s grave that was also filmed and photographed during trumps photo op. Hopefully she doesn’t receive hate and vitriol from his followers.

“The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving roughly a dozen combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump’s campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn’t allowed.

The Hoover family granted permission to the Trump team to film and take photographs at the gravesite; the Marckesano family did not, and filming and photographing at the gravesite for political purposes is a violation of federal law, according to cemetery officials. Yet Sergeant Marckesano’s grave was shown in photos from the visit that were published online. A video was posted to Mr. Trump’s TikTok account featuring footage from the Section 60 visit and the gravestones from behind, with narration criticizing the handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.

However,” she added, “according to our conversation with Arlington National Cemetery, the Trump campaign staffers did not adhere to the rules that were set in place for this visit to Staff Sergeant Hoover’s gravesite in Section 60, which lays directly next to my brother’s grave.”

Sergeant Marckesano’s sister continued, “We hope that those visiting this sacred site understand that these were real people who sacrificed for our freedom and that they are honored and respected accordingly.”

Trump Images at Grave Dismay Family of Green Beret Buried at Arlington

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1