Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

How can any veteran vote for Trump?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps960608, Aug 27, 2024.

1. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    So rules may be broken for political purposes as long as you get other people to break them with you or have their ok? " But officer my wife said she was in a hurry to vote so I was doing 90 mph." LOL

2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    I appreciate the advice but I think I'll stay. Its already too much of an echo chamber here. Im actually doing some of you a service by being here. You'll thank me later.

I just like to bring the same energy that others bring. Im not really a take the high road kinda guy, but neither are any of you. You guys just like to use a word salad to disguise it and to project intelligence. I like to get straight to it as to not mince words. I promise though, I can be a real peach. If you are one of the respectful ones that can put feelings aside and discuss things without trying to pigeonhole me into being a Trump guy, I give respect and respond accordingly. If you want to be like some of the others, I can bring it to that level too.

I just like to point out that there are a lot of people who are somewhere inbetween "Go MAGA" and "Trump is Hitler"

If you haven't noticed most of my posts are geared to the attitude of people, not their political views. If it came down to it I probably would be more aligned with liberal views than conservative. However, the distinction Ive come up with is that a lot of liberals and thus Dems are just unpleasant people. Very condescending and have a superiority complex. In this very thread boasting about how smart you all are. Can't see those things just like you can't see that people vote for their family and may hold their nose to pick their candidate. Very tone deaf...

In simple terms, if I were to have a beer and hang out not talking about politics or religion with your typical conservative or liberal person, Im picking the conservative every day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    "Hey care about what that orange guy says over there and come over with us.... We will treat you better. We are going to tell you how much we love you while we cut your numbers and your budget. Oh and by the way we need regime change in the middle east and we are going to use you as our pawns."

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Whether it was unlawful or against regulations or not, has this been done before? I am trying to imagine how I would have felt if Obama or Biden had done this sort of political photo-op at the grave of a service member who was killed while Trump was CIC.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The stunt was from the "anonymous" source once again. Trump shows up at military events, whether it be for fallen soldiers or for Thanksgiving/Christmas overseas or military holidays. The families invited him. Do you know who they didn't invite? Trump shows up. He doesn't send videos or just make phone calls.

The MSM has you wrapped around its finger.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why is your initial reaction a denial with no evidence? The trump campaign acknowledged the incident. Is your cognitive dissonance flaring up again?

If not, do you want to back your "anonymous stunt assertion" with a forced sabbatical wager? If a report is produced you stay away for a week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump has now turned his Arlington visit into a TikTok video. Has Trump have no shame? The people buried in Arlington gave their lives, and they are persons of all colors, creeds, religions, and political persuasions. There's a reason why the cemetery does not allow political events or campaigning on its hallowed grounds. But per usual, Trump doesn't care. He only cares about himself.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    whoever administers Arlington really needs to come out with a forceful statement about this. charges need to be filed if there was physical contact made with the people there to administer the property.

'Incident' reported at Arlington National Cemetery during Trump visit (msn.com)

While the cemetery did not immediately provide specifics, NPR reported that a source had told the publication that two Trump campaign officials engaged in a verbal and physical altercation with a cemetery staff member during Trump's visit, which came on the third anniversary of the deaths of 13 service members during the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The alleged altercation took place after the Trump campaign officials were asked not to take photos and videos in Section 60, a section of the cemetery where recent U.S. veterans are buried, NPR reported.

When contacted by ABC News on Tuesday night, a representative for the Arlington National Cemetery released a statement that confirmed an "incident" but didn't provide specifics.

"Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign. Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants. We can confirm there was an incident, and a report was filed," the statement read.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Remember than the first post is a tweet so there's no guarantee if it's accurate or not.
    WashPost: Sources say there was some kind of altercation. Trump campaign said there wasn't , although someone "clearly suffering from a mental health episode" tried to block them. A report has been filed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/08/27/trump-arlington-cemetery-npr-incident/

10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    it doesn't matter what the families want, they do not get to determine how the facility is utilized. In your world, would it be okay if they dug up the graves and threw a kegger so long as that is what they wanted?

"Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign. Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants. We can confirm there was an incident, and a report was filed," the statement read.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Trump campaign was advised before the event only certain cemetery employees would be allowed to video or take photographs in that section of Arlington, Section 60, where recent casualties of Afghanistan and Iraq are buried.

The campaign, of course, ignored that and brought their own. The Trump campaign was clearly determined to do as they wished, despite Federal regulations and basic human decency to the contrary. They were not only videoing and photographing in a prohibited area, they were doing so for a prohibited reason.

While I have great sympathy for the families of these service people caught up in this, their acquiescence to the private photographers doesn't matter, the permission was not theirs to give. IT WILL NEVER BE OK TO FILM CAMPAIGN MATERIALS IN ARLINGTON.

Compounding this is the fact that Trump's bottomfeeder of a spokesman, Steven Cheung, lied about the incident. He claimed "“The fact is that a private photographer was permitted on the premises and..." That is simply not true. I anxiously await the release of the full video as Cheung indicated, but I suspect that won't happen for some yet to be imagined reason.
    Trump Tries New Excuse for Messy Fight at Arlington National Cemetery

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Oops. Trump's team is now having to acknowledge some type of altercation took place. The former prosecutor in me senses the review of their video did not go spectacularly well. It's interesting how Trump's campaign people are having to inch closer to the truth as time progresses.

"In another statement to CNN, Trump campaign manager Chris LaCivita further laid the blame on the cemetery official.

“For a despicable individual to physically prevent President Trump’s team from accompanying him to this solemn event is a disgrace and does not deserve to represent the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery,” LaCivita said."

Trump Tries New Excuse for Messy Fight at Arlington National Cemetery

13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    It didn't happen. But if it did, it was someone else's fault?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    charges need to be filed and this action prosecuted

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    You could call it "woke mind virus," but we all know repubs don't believe in viruses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    The boards favorite fact checking site gives your source excellent ratings.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/meidastouch/

17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The source linked to the TikTok video for you to see yourself. But if you don't like that source, try this one. Or maybe go to TikTok itself?

The TikTok video is real. Care to respond to this fact instead of attacking the source that reported the truth that the video is real?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    So the Trump camp looks for a memorial event for a Taliban victim to tag along with so he can put a political hit out on Harris regarding the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Being the head criminal of a gang of criminals, he commits more crimes when he's told he can't do what he's doing.

Classic mob behavior.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

He shows up if it’s a photo op.

Dear Leader didn’t want to be uncomfortable….

President Donald Trump could not attend a commemoration in France for U.S. soldiers and marines killed during World War One on Saturday because rain made it impossible to arrange transport, the White House said.

Despite the light rain, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel held a moving ceremony in Compiegne, northeast of Paris, to mark the 100th anniversary of the signing of the World War One armistice.

The last minute cancellation prompted widespread criticism on social media and from some officials in Britain and the United States that Trump had "dishonored" U.S. servicemen.

They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate@realDonaldTrump couldn't even defy the weather to pay his respects to the Fallen", Soames wrote on Twitter. (British member of parliament who is a grandson of former Prime Minister Winston Churchill).”

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1NF0NU/

20. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007