Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Herschel Walker Thread

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8tas, Jun 16, 2022.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    There are extremes on both sides of course. But if the argument is that Democrats are out of touch as a national party, that doesn't seem consistent with the fact that they have won the popular vote in presidential elections all but one time since 1988. Plus, we know that the Senate gives a lot more power to less populated states. Congress and the Supreme Court would look a lot different without those built-in rural advantages.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Maybe you should learn from those that you choose to denigrate

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think one "learns" to be a selfish asshole. It comes from a lifetime of exposure to those around one.

I'd rather learn why people feel dissatisfied enough to protest than summarily condemn it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Well if you’re arguing there are more dems in the country than cons, I’d have to give you a big fat duh.
    You guys get all the kids, minorities, single moms, and anyone who feels they have a grievance. Of course there are more people who fit this description.
    A lot of cons don’t gripe and keep to themselves. The world would work a lot smoother with less complaining and more figuring it out on your own. it plays out like this in social and work circles, you can eventually spot a libbie because they’ll eventually blame something or someone else for their troubles. It’s not fair is also a common point from people on your side. So yeah, a lot of folks will likely always be libbies.

5. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    Another take that shows you don't get it. You should stop criticizing things you don't understand .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Well, kids don't vote, but maybe you mean young adults. Younger people are more liberal but not as likely to vote as older people who are more conservative. There is a lot grievance politics on the right to include men, conservative Christians, and White people who believe they are under attack. I think the groups who have been historically marginalized and discriminated against have better reasons to be upset than those complaining on the right, but that's just my opinion. Ultimately, I was just addressing the issue of which party is out of touch because it's something I hear a lot, yet Republicans - at least at the national level - have had to rely upon structural advantages to gain power. I'm not suggesting the Democrats have a mandate either; the country is pretty split.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    But you get it. I should just fall in line with you huh.
    Your condescension noted, right on queue.

8. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I understand all that you’ve said. You’re just breaking my points down. Kids are students and young adults. The demographics favor dems every time all day. That’s not a positive endorsement to liberal philosophy IMO.
    I think it’s easy to be a libbie, get hand outs, and likely don’t pay taxes or much and just want others or govt to take care of you.

9. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Well then I would say that your experience is very limited and that you would probably do well to get more or better before opining.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Obviously you have spent a great deal of time exposed to and learning from one.

I wish you luck on your life journey. If the habitual protesters resonate with you then I am sure that you have many years of anger and hatred in front of you.

11. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Democrats are simultaneously accused of being lazy poor people taking handouts and also of being over-educated limousine liberal elitists. Maybe both is true. I guess it's a big tent to have that sort of diversity in the party. To be fair, Republicans also have a lot of economic diversity too - everything from poor Republicans on assistance to country club Republicans who are part of the financial elite. The medium income for Trump voters was reportedly a little higher - but not that much higher - than Hillary voters. One article I saw was about $10K difference. Not sure how accurate those numbers might be, but clearly both parties have support from "working class" voters (which for some reason often seems to be used more to talk about White blue collar workers than Hispanic, Black or Asian blue collar workers). Generalizations are hard to make in terms of financial status.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Second woman Walker pressured to have an abortion comes forward. (It's starts a little past the 1/2 point.)

13. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Thought you guys loved abortions. I can’t keep up any more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Abortions are fine. If you want and need one you should be able to get one done. It’s the assholes who lie about pressuring and paying for them all the while telling other people they can’t have them that we can’t stand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Oh, now I get it. It’s the rumors, and scammers who come out right before elections you mean.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Sorry. You don’t get it. But keep trying.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    You don’t like black conservative people?

18. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    I haven’t come across a conservative in a long time. People who vote for Trump certainly aren’t “conservatives “. There are some (Cheney Bowers, Rathlesberger but few and far between. The one conservative black person I know of is Sewell. He was wrong on the issues but not a threat to democracy. If he wasn’t dead I’d generally have no great problem with him.

So while I disagree with conservatives of any color they’re not a threat to the country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I’ll mark you down as a maybe you don’t like cons who could or couldn’t threaten our democracy. I think.

20. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Elections and Supreme Court nominations are sure to bring “accusations”.

I do have some questions though:

1. Did this accused incident happen more or less than 35 years ago.

2. Does the accuser remember where the incident happened?

3. Does the accuser have anyone who corroborates the accusation with credibility as would be defined by having direct, not hearsay knowledge of the incident?

FTR, I also posted a similar defense of Biden here on Too Hot when accusations were made against him in 2020.