Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Here’s What I Would Do If I Were Stricklin

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, Sep 24, 2024.

1. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    The point was (and is) that he can be fired. And he will be.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure we won't lose the class if Napier stays. It's been the same for three seasons, even our better recruits aren't succeeding. NIL offers being equal, the honest negative recruiting a staff can do against our staff is significant.

I would think the conversation(s) happened. Would an AD really not have critical discussions with a coach failing so publicly? And if not, what is Stricklin's role and purpose? I agree with the response someone had to your post, "that ship has sailed". Stricklin either froze and let Napier continue to fail or has record of the conversations imploring Napier to pull his head out, and will result in Napier being fired for willful negligence.

Napier sticking with Sale is so suspect. Any good top 20 HC wouldn't have hired Sale but also would have fired him by now. It's a crappy situation.

3. workemsillyg8rs

workemsillyg8rs All American

Sep 14, 2024
    If SS fires BN then SS is firing himself. Do you think that SS is going to fire himself?

4. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    Is this a hunch? You have multiple posts in multiple threads advocating for keeping Napier based on keeping players or Ss keeping his job. If we win 7+ games and play the best teams tough, perhaps there is a conversation on your theory. However, in the probable scenario of 5 wins and shellackings, firing BN makes Ss seem sane (or put more pointedly, not firing him is insane) and a new “buzz” coach has a better chance at a good class than a dead man walking BN.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. workemsillyg8rs

Sep 14, 2024
    So I have a "hunch" that you believe that it is "sane" to let a guy that has lost UF tens of millions of dollars, make another, possibly 9 figure deal? Is that what you are saying? Because firing BN without having a Pres would put SS in charge. I belive that to be insane.

6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm not sure why the angst that an interim Prez can't act. Bob Bryan was an interim when Galen and Norm Sloan were let go and when Spurrier was hired.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. revgator

revgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree. “Interim” does not mean “powerless.”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. workemsillyg8rs

Sep 14, 2024
    Didn’t Fuchs hire SS? Do you trust him to run a coaching search or hire a new AD? What AD would want to come somewhere that they don’t know who they are working for in the hopefully not so distant future.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  9. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    It has been reported by multiple gator reporters…how reliable, I have no idea..but the major boosters themselves will help lead the coaching search/selection and SS will go along with it or he will be gone. They report that SS is not getting axed (deserved or not).

If it doesn’t go down that way…Fuchs could demand SS hire a firm to conduct the search.

SS will not be picking selecting the next coach all on his own.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Not firing a subordinate who has failed so miserably and so publicly would have that effect to an even greater degree. Worse still, it reduces his credibility more severely when he needs to look for another job. Firing Napier at least shows potential employers he knows when to cut bait.

11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Missing threads? Who knows... Someone accused me of something that was imagined?

12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you expecting an 8+ win season this year?

13. workemsillyg8rs

Sep 14, 2024
    It also shows employers how much money you can lose them. If you think that SS has credibility then you haven't been paying attention to his tenure.

14. workemsillyg8rs

Sep 14, 2024
    Unless this defense improves dramatically, I don't expect 3 wins. Do you trust Fuchs and SS to hire another one?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Well, he has no credibility with me or you, I agree. But if he wants a crack at being the AD at Sacajawea St., then he’s probably going to have to fire an incompetent coach when the time comes. What does your idea buy him? A few more months at best? And he’ll be radioactive in the profession.

16. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Tough question. Short answer, sort of... but that only means that they could get another bad coach. I don't know if they are smart enough to get Kiffin. They could end up getting another non-SEC quality coach.

17. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    I’ve had this conversation with some. There is definitely a path for him to get another year. It’s narrow, but it does exist.
    Lose next Saturday and it goes away completely, I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. workemsillyg8rs

Sep 14, 2024
    I think we can all agree that we need a new Pres, AD, and HBC. I think we can all agree that we want to be proud of our football program again.

I think that the way to do this is by hiring a new Pres that understands the importance on athletics. This new Pres then needs to hire HIS AD that is aligned with his vision. Once this foundation of unified leadership is in place, the AD will begin his search and hire the new HBC. That is the camp I am in. I don’t think that there is time for this process to happen this season which is why I don’t think that firing BN or SS is the answer right now. Let me be clear, I am not in support of SS or BN keeping their jobs. I think we are stuck with them because of the situation we are in.

I have zero confidence in Fuchs and Stricklin hiring another HBC. That is the very definition of insanity

20. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    I think we can all agree Scotch is better than Bourbon

• Funny Funny x 2