Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Hate this came from a leg humper but it is something that makes me go hmmm

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Sep 13, 2024 at 9:23 PM.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Well, I agree, Year 1, UF went 6-6 and then was undressed in the bowl to finish 6-7.

Year 2, UF "won" the Arkansas game only to have a penalty, re-kick and a loss (at home), the 4th and forever against Mizzou, ad blew a double digit lead to in state rival FSU, sans Jordan travis, to seal a 5 - 7 campaign.

Year 3 starts off with two blowout losses against power 4 teams (AT HOME). UF was non - competitive, with a team the staff claimed
    was "its best" to date. So UF has lost 7 straight against power 4 conference teams. Samford is not a comparable marker.

I don't know if CBN will be the coach this Saturday, but if he is, I have extremely low confidence UF will emerge victorious, on the road, in Starkville.

I completely support a change, and as expeditiously as possible.

2. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Bama wasn't a national championship contender each and every year in the Spurrier years.
    Good yes, but not what they became.
    Tennessee and FSU were the 2 teams Spurrier worried about the most.

FYI- Bama records the last 5 years of Spurrier
    97- 4-7
    98- 7-5
    99- 10-3 (They beat us thisyear in the Swamp and the SECCG)
    00- 3-8
    01- 7-5
    To say that Spurrier cared about Bama's "facility advantages" and had disagreements w/ Foley over them is laughable.

But as I said, Foley is very image conscious while SOS is not.
    IMO they had disagreements about this and the best way to handle the lying cheating hand stomping knee twisting Criminoles.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Bama comes and goes like any other program but they certainly didn’t arrive with Saban.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That was a big lull by Bama standards no doubt. Bad hires or low financial support or more than likely both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s not just that we lost but we weren’t competent. There’s no growth. We are worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yep, it's one thing to play well and get beat by a superior team. We aren't even competing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I don't think Bama ever had low financial support. They had a couple disaster hires. Price was a disaster before he coached a game if I recall. Dubose was as dirty as they came before he got forced out but they grabbed an SEC title while we struggled with the Doug Johnson/palmer era which by the way was sort of the beginning of the end for spurrier and our dominance. If we had a more stable option at QB we probably win the SEC in 97 through 99 in my opinion.

Mike Shula probably keeps his job and they stay mediocre if his kicker could kick but that kid got Shula fired and the Miami dolphins passing on drew Brees sent Saban to Bama otherwise they may be in the same lurch we are in. They got the breaks and we haven't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And then the blatant influx of straight buying rosters and the jig is up and just call it nil from now on.

• Agree Agree x 1