Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Harris sitting down for Fox interview Wednesday

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:08 PM.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But she was far left as a senator. It's not up for debate. Her voting record is her voting record. Not sure why you are arguing that she's not far left when that is exactly what she ran on on 2019. It's pretty comical you think she's not far left.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

That's cute. FWIW, I think it's pretty comical that you can't see "far left" is a judgement relative to the entire political spectrum across the globe, not just your own leanings in the USA. Gallop had this in 2019. It's not hard to discern the centre of your US politics leaning to the right.

upload_2024-10-16_18-13-11.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I'm just saying, that narrative is shit and utterly baseless. NOBODY is Communist anymore. Even the CCP just embraces the one-man/one-party-rule part of it while discarding (for the most part) the economic parts. So, exactly, what do we mean by "far left" because I'm not seeing any of it in her or Biden's policies.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Don't look now, but abortion just climbed to the number one issue
    He wouldn't debate. They are ok with that though. Would have been interesting to see who besides Christie would have confronted and degraded him on stage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. At no point is pretty much any US citizen when talking about leaning far left or far right talking world view. And I guess if I was completely wrong on Harris's political voting record like you are then I'd try to change the discussion as well LOL. Harris was extremely far left in 2019 as a senator. Do you care to dispute that? She ran as a far left presidential candidate in 2020. If you want to live in the delusion that Harris wasn't far left, that is your choice but just know you are living in Fantasy land.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why is that narrative shit? Can you point out to me where I said Harris is a communist? She was the one of the top 3-4 most liberal senators in 2019 according to pretty much every metric. Don't know why this is a surprise to anyone.

8. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Rumor has it she wants to start a sovereign wealth fund and cap credit card interest rates.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007

Look on her face, priceless. :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I didn't say you did, but the rhetoric is pretty much the same. What do we mean by "far left" anyway? Who's definition of "far left" are we using anyway? For that matter, the organization finds the term "far left" problematic.

For instance. "She wants to ban fracking!" No, nobody who matters wants to ban fracking. Sorry, but the current D party is a fraction to the left of George W Bush so I'm not sure "far left" is an applicable term here. That's just some shit MAGA Morons made up and ran with because they - and most of Trump's voters - are dumb enough to believe it.

11. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    She did not run as a "far left" candidate in 2020. She made some comments to shore up that weakness relative to Sanders/Warren but she has never, ever run as a far-left candidate. The "far left" is pretty much on record in the past as hating her. Sorry dude, you can keep saying it, but this argument doesn't wash.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Aren't they already capped by usury laws?

13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I was just joshing. Those are two things Trump is proposing - good little communist he is.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Far left or Far right maga are the same thing in reverse. She did want to ban fracking or said and voted that she wanted to. Not that complicated. Look at her voting record and show me where she in centrist. I'll wait.

15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bernie and her get along fine. Not sure why you are arguing this. You usually make fairly rational arguments. Go look up her voting record and show me where she isn't extremely liberal in her voting practices.

16. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Fine. She's Marx 2.0

IDK. I'm not getting in the weeds on this. Just that I followed the 2016 and 2020 D primaries pretty heavily and she was/is the farthest thing from "far left". Also, I'm not arguing she's a great candidate here, just that she's not an unhinged idiot leading a band of even more unhinged idiots.

17. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    She also "got along fine" with McCain. What's your point, that she can be a nice person? I'm not going to waste my time going through every vote and hashing out whether it's "far left" or just "left". If you want to believe she's "far left", have at it.

18. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    To be fair, I'd describe her as typical milquetoast left. I.E. a person who has to satisfy a base that includes everything from the purple-haired trans-rights activist to the CEO of Blackrock. Not an easy task. And a lot harder than saying stupid things to stupid people so they can celebrate their stupidity.

19. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    A few questions:
    1. Why do you think Trump's voters are not as enthusiastic to vote for him as they were in '16 and '20? Just wondering what metrics you are looking at that lead you to that conclusion.
    2. Do you have any recent examples of the last midterm electorate being a better predictor of the next POTUS electorate than the two previous POTUS electorates?
    3. Why do you say that Obama in '08 had more enthusiasm than Biden in '20, when Biden ended up with almost 12M more votes cast for him than Obama?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    1. Why do you think Trump's voters are not as enthusiastic to vote for him as they were in '16 and '20? Just wondering what metrics you are looking at that lead you to that conclusion.
    Primarily, the amount of small donations to the Trump campaign, the donations are down from both 2016 and 2020. More anecdotal than quantitative, attendance on Trump's rallies appears to be lower than it was in either 2016 or 2020 although that may be attributable in part to security concerns limiting Trump's use of outdoor venues.

2. Do you have any recent examples of the last midterm electorate being a better predictor of the next POTUS electorate than the two previous POTUS electorates?
    The 2018 midterms and the 2006 midterms come to mind. The Democrats flipped both the House and Senate in 2006. Obama won the presidential election in 2008 after Bush's two terms. In 2018 the Democratic flipped the House in the midterms with Biden winning in 2020. I would also add the turnout in the 2022 was at a near record high for a midterm with a predicted "red wave" turning into a red trickle.

3. Why do you say that Obama in '08 had more enthusiasm than Biden in '20, when Biden ended up with almost 12M more votes cast for him than Obama?
    In 2008 Obama won the popular vote by a 7 percentage point margin while Biden won the 2020 election by a margin of around 4.5%. While every vote counts equally regardless of motivation, in 2008 voters were actually enthusiastic about voting for Obama. In 2020 the motivation of a lot of voters was more of a vote against Trump than for Biden. I would also add and while the two election campaigns aren't directly comparable as the result of Covid pandemic, Obama was drawing huge crowds at his campaign events in 2008.

• Funny Funny x 2