Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Harris says anyone breaking into her home is 'getting shot'

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Sep 20, 2024 at 8:53 AM.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Tony Dungy tossing a little "nebulous" shade on Kamala Harris.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    All she needs to do is provide one shred of evidence that she's ever fired a weapon. Shouldn't be that hard to do. I think the rub here is that we don't believe her. The rub isn't that a woman can't shoot a gun. Obviously, there are some bad ass women out there I would never want to be in a gun fight with.

3. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    And it goes without saying, doesn't it? I think the comment was unnecessary and likely forced, because she probably has very little if any experience handling a firearm.

4. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Frustrating.

5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    But you believed Trump when he said cats and dogs are being eaten by immigrants:emoji_laughing:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You have no idea how much training she may have received… she has said multiple times that she owns a gun for self protection. Responsible gun owners get training, I have no problem with that,

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Why?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville

9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Hey man, if the guy who believes every conspiracy thrown his way by right wing fringe sites now decides he needs actual evidence to believe something, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I assume he would personally apologize to the board and then vote for Kamala Harris if she did

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This is from a 2019 article:
    01:35 - Source: CNN
    CNN —
    A lot prosecutors and former prosecutors are gun owners. Although it doesn't occur very often there is always the possibility that defendants that they have prosecuted could seek retribution. Owning a gun under those circumstances is prudent and if I had to wager I would put money on the fact that Harris received sufficient training. In fact she's probably better trained in the handling of firearms than most gun owners in the US. Although there are obvious Second Amendment problems personally I think as a condition of gun ownership gun owners should be required to pass both a written test and a practical test at firing range to demonstrate their knowledge and competence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    MAGA immediately selfs-pretzels over the actual idea of 2A.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, I think you and the other sheep should your shitty advice. I love how all of you libbies come to defend and deflect for this idiot. Lol, if you had a gun. Let me know who that spatula works you bad ass

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

15. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    If she knows how o handle a gun.. good for her. No problem from
    Me
    BIT
    It wasn’t that long ago that several left leaning posters in this site where claiming that there isn’t anything in your home worth taking a life. Let the perp take whatever.
    And it wasn’t that long ago that several posters were praising a total gun ban much like Australia has done.
    To see some of them now cheer Harris’s words has a dissonance to it.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't think Australia has a total gun ban.
    Do you really see the same people praising calling for a total gun ban and now praising Harris for her comments?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mountaineerpatriot

mountaineerpatriot Sophomore

Sep 14, 2024
    Classic "rules for thee, not for me" type mentality once again with the Democrats. No different than her coastal elite California friends Gavin Newsome and Nancy Pelosi, who locked people in California in their homes while they went out to dinner and had hair/nail appointments during COVID. The rules never apply for them. It shows that they truly believe in and want to develop a ruling class.

You can bet Harris has weapons in her home and obviously a crazy amount of Secret Service security. But she would absolutely strip the average citizen of any ability to protect themselves with a gun.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2024 at 10:35 AM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What has she done, or even said, that make you think she would strip the average citizen of any ability to protect themselves with a gun?

19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    It appears that some people here want to criticize Harris over this but aren’t really sure how. So they pretend she wants to take everyone’s guns or else they claim she doesn’t know how to shoot a gun.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  20. mountaineerpatriot

mountaineerpatriot Sophomore

Sep 14, 2024
    She's a Democrat, and it's absolutely a part of the Democratic platform. Now they know they can't flat out go around confiscating guns but they'll do it other ways. They'll make it to where unless you are cornered in the inner most room of your house you can't fire your weapon or you'll be the one who is charged. They'll make ammo taxed to the point where it's unaffordable for lower and middle class Americans. She's a Democrat and Democrats want nothing more than to abolish the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1