Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Haley says anonymous social media “national security threat”

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mrhansduck, Nov 14, 2023.

1. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    And the authors of all the Federalist papers.

2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Given the alternative I would place far more trust in her to give orders than I would the defeated indicted former president.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This is a good example of something that may on the surface sounds like a good idea, but not much thought goes into implementation and consequences. I'd rather make people have to pass an intelligence test before they're allowed to take in any form of social media (and no, I don't think that would work either).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
  4. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Same for me. As if she is trying to prove she is tough. I like tough, but not there is something off there. Can’t put my finger on the exact thing.

5. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    just my gut instinct. I watch here demeanor at debates and interviews and my spidey sense tingles. I think she is very bright.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    not me. Trump is a negotiator, not a fighter. Military Force should be safe, legal and rare.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    What I don’t like is her calling other world leaders out by name and demonizing them, even though they may deserve it. It is one thing Trump did right, he may call out China, but not Xi. If you make it personal it is hard to come to agreements. However Trump did it for the wrong reasons, he actually admires dictators and autocrats.

It is one thing Jared Kushner did well. He went into situations then assessed them, avoided carrying in prior baggage, start with clean slate.

8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    He saves his wrath for US citizens who don’t like him and the constitution not foreign autocrats.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Ughh, you were so close to a post I could agree with, then this nonsense:

10. domgator

domgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I know the way all those Pubs are sucking up to Xi in California today its disgusting. What is their fascination with dictators?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  11. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    No, it is demonstrably true.

I can understand and identify with good faith and reasonable conservative arguments, and you can argue that some things the Trump administration were good. But I can’t take anybody seriously who tries to downplay Trumps disregard for the constitution, core US institutions and the rule of law. He is made it very clear that he would have himself “reinstated” as president. He is now praising worldwide dictators and calling citizens who disagree with him vermin who should be eradicated. The only things that keep him from succeeding in those things is our system of governments checks and balances, as well as his own lack of self control and his incompetence.

None of the above has anything to do with party or ideology. I’d say the same thing if he were Democrat. He was in fact a Democrat most of his life.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Unless I missed it I don't recall Trump negotiating any bipartisan legislation. In fact, he torpedoed two bipartisan bills after agreeing to sign them. One was an immigration in reform bill in which Democrats agreed to provide funding for Trump's wall on the Southern border as well as additional security measures in exchange for amnesty for "Dreamers" persons lacking legal status who were brought into the US by their parents as young children; the other was an agreement for a continuing resolution to avoid a government shutdown. The agreement was negotiated by the leadership of both parties and would have avoided a shutdown until Trump announced at the last minute that he would not sign the bill.
    The immigration bill.
    Trump rejects immigration compromise | CNN Politics
    The draft bill released Thursday included Trump’s requested $25 billion for his border wall and required much more detention of undocumented immigrants – addressing what Trump calls “catch and release.” It also ends the diversity visa lottery and cuts family-based migration, what Trump refers to as “chain,” and diverts those visas into a merit-based system that DACA recipients could apply for.
    Trump's 2018/2019 government shutdown
    Trump owns the shutdown. And he’s OK with that.

13. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    What do you mean by negotiate bipartisan legislation? Are you limiting that to domestic policy legislation?

The immigration legislation that you’re referencing wasn’t legislation at all. It was ideas which were being floated around in Congress. You are correct, he shot that down before there was ever any vote on it. But that’s not legislation.

14. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    no doubt you believe it to be true, but that is not the same as it actually being true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Like most in the GOP, spine of a jelly fish, deeply narcissistic and will say the first thing that pops in to her head to garner votes.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    While I appreciate your entertainment value, the fact that you profess to admire Reagan and Jack Kemp yet are a major apologist for Donald Trump shows you have no coherent ideological backbone and can’t be taken seriously.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    if you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m here for the free donuts

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    you are falling into the trap of other liberals in that you are making up things. Show me a single post of mine in which I apologize for Donald Trump. If not, be a man and admit your error.

19. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Sounds like the Dem playbook for the last 40 years.
    Anything to buy a vote from an aggrieved class..

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    4 posts up, for starters.