Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Had a fun run-in tonight

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by MadduxFanII, Jul 5, 2024.

1. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In Bruges is a pretty good film.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. audiogatorjim

audiogatorjim GC Hall of Fame

Mar 15, 2009
    Our daughter was in journalism school at UF and had to write a character story about someone at UF; she loves sports so I suggested trying then AD Jeremy Foley. I got his assistants email and sent him a brief email and said I met my wife at UF and could he help our daughter. He agreed and she did the interview and said he was gracious and interesting.
    When I was at UF in the mid-70’s, Jeremy collected ticket stubs at the old Florida Gym basketball games. Of course, I had no idea who he was but did remember him when he was rising up in the AD. You just never know!

• Like Like x 3
  3. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    jeremy had a somewhat tough reputation as it relates to closing ranks around Florida athletics. “The Firm” as it became nicknamed - was perceived to have impenetrable influence over the program. But I met Jeremy many times, and found him much more personable and approachable than he was rumored to be. A couple times we celebrated SEC tourney victories w/ he and the staff at a nashville bar.
    Speaking of staff, Mike Hill was terrific. He is currently AD at uncc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Unexpected meetings always nice. Ran into Fred Taylor Sr. at a 5 Guys on Pines Blvd in Broward County. Both waiting on orders to go. Never go there. He was very warm and great to speak with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1