Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Grayson McCall

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by doctorg8r, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's the second time I mixed those two names up. :oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

True that. But he may have to do some extra credit before they give him the box of 64

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aww hell you beat me to it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Agree completely

5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Don’t stop keep running

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    Dude, we don't get worse with a quarterback like McCall, Pratt, etc. We need another good qb more than anything else. No matter how well Miller performs today, that's not an indicator of the future. One game doesn't say shite!!! Rashada's not a shoe in to start, either. Besides, McCall has three proven years of consistency! If I was Napier, I'd be working the phones and having Katy getting McCall to Gainesville ASAP. He canceled going to Auburn. Pull the trigger, Billy!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    Some are forgetting that Kitna was ahead of Miller, so I am a non-believer!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. ncg8or

ncg8or All American

May 28, 2007
    Yeah, I don't get this thought that what Miller may or may not do today should impact us pursuing an established, stud QB like McCall, Pratt, or Hartman. If one of those guys wants to come, we take them and make ourselves better.

I don't get raising the white flag on next season either, our offense could be potent with who we have coming back and a QB that can produce like each of the 3 QBs mentioned have proven they can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    I read on Twitter that he had transfer issues--different from eligibility. One major has different requirements from one school to the next. Besides, that is just a rumor. Rags aren't telling us, but my money is on Leary dropping in on Friday, as to why McCall dropped his visit. Another speculation is that the current qb, Robby Ashford, will compete with whoever Auburn brings.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  10. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    I'd be okay with Pratt. If you're insinuating he is better than McCall, uh-huh!!!

11. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    WE LOOK FINE AT QB??? THAT'S THE TRUCKING PROBLEM!!!!! GATOR NATION NEEDS MORE THAN FINE!!! CHESTER THAT!!!!!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I’m happy with either, but some think he fits our offense better than McCall. Either way, I’m hearing Pratt is practically a done deal.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

what? I can’t hear you :D

I think we’d look even better at quarterback if we had a couple of stud linebackers join us through the portal

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pnick81

Pnick81 All American

Feb 1, 2015
    Miller was QB2 until he got injured and required surgery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    Yeah, and then Kitna passed him on the depth chart. The past doesn't count!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. doctorg8r

Dec 11, 2018
    When I capitalize, it doesn't mean I am yelling. Dude, I'd take McCall over 8 linebackers!!! What's the use of extra LBs if the offense is going three and out?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Lol. We would run the wildgator every play with Etiene and frosh Wilson before we would do that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ddrew91

ddrew91 All American

Dec 14, 2020
    It’s really difficult to be on this board sometimes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Pnick81

Pnick81 All American

Feb 1, 2015
    “One of the things that gets overlooked a little bit with Jack and his situation is the fact that he was our number two (quarterback) for quite a while, spring practice, the entire summer, OTA process, most of training camp, and he's been back for probably six weeks," Napier said. "He's been able to practice, has great chemistry, knows these guys. There will be some things that come with being a first-time starter but as he settles in, I think he will prove to be a really effective player."

20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Nothing personal here Doc, but this post is a reminder of what we should not be doing: compromising the sustainable objective in an attempt at immediate results.

Sure a McCall would in all likelihood perform better than Miller (or Rashada?) next season. But our defense is still thin and lacking in key places, and like we’ve all seen too much lately, the defense is what’s going to keep us out of playoff contention next season. We need to respect that, build from the ground up like we’re doing, and don’t get distracted by every shiny new thing that pops up along the way.

We need to be championship contenders in 2-3 years far more than impatient wannabes next year giving up 400 yards every game to the other team. Patience, Grasshopper