Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

GOP National Convention - July 15-18, 2024

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Jul 15, 2024.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    According to Twitter, Grindr has been crashing in Milwaukee because of increased usage from the RNC .

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Just responding to who was advising DT when something never seen before covid hit. No nation ever faced anything like it. Little did we know about gain of function with a virus weaponized in a lab. Every nation had issues trying to figure this thing out. What I posted was way way toned down because what I think of Fauci and what I could have said would be harsh.

3. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    What’s your view of the medical leaders in the vast majority of all other Western Nations? And how was their respective advice different than Fauci?

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I haven't read this whole thread. Are people here watching that convention?

5. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    “That took care of it. Now look folks, my dad had a saying, not a joke, I mean it man, he would say, uh, asufutimaehaehfutbw.”

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

7. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Kicks Off Infrastructure Week by Highlighting Historic Results Spurred by President Biden's Investing in America Agenda | The White House.

Quite impressive!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I have watched small excerpts. Essentially if you've heard one speech you've heard them all.

9. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    I really don't know. Perhaps they were following much of what the US was doing because I think many nations still look to us. Listen, when this all began I suspect we all thought it was something of nature and not anything to be majorly concerned about. But it didn't take too long that this was way beyond what any of us had ever experienced before. It soon came to contain and treat as best as possible. This covid thing still impacts many people.
    Keep in mind it was thought that the jab would stop the spread, then it was to stop the jab person from getting it, then it was to minimize the effects when the jab person gets it. Fatalities were happening globally like a plague.

10. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Too many blatant LIES for me.

11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I'm picturing this in Jim Carey's SNL impersonation rather than Joe himself. :D

12. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I keep finding other things to do. I don't know why.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    From the beginning, they developed the vaccines primarily to reduce fatalities and keep people out of the overwhelmed hospitals. For that, the vaccines were effective.

They also hoped the vaccines would slow the transmission of the virus. For that, they were much less effective. Still, if people are less sick and for shorter periods of time due to the vaccine, they would be less likely to transmit the virus.

Unfortunately, because the vaccines had limited effectiveness in reducing transmission, people started saying the vaccines didn't work, even though they continued to be effective in reducing hospitalizations and fatalities.

Later in the pandemic, most people in the hospitals had not been vaccinated.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    As someone who is sitting on the fence and watched a lot of the programming, I can tell you they are hitting it out of the park the past of couple of days. You can feel the energy and everyone uniting behind Trump. And the basis for that unity has everything to do with people who are ready to rise up and send Biden and the Democrats home over inflation/the economy, border security/policing in cities, and weak foreign policy and wars abroad, making our elections have integrity again, etc. They are all very united on this point: its time for the Democrats to pack their bags and go home. The NYT was not exaggerating in that piece.

Obviously, there are some people who don't care about the platform. What is on the platform won't matter if the top of the ticket does not change. I understand that, but the actual tangible goals of the party are good and right. The Biden administration has failed us. It is time for them to go home. I think that is going to be a difficult message to refute.

That is the big take away I got from watching several hours within the past two days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    They were generally recommending more stringent closures than Fauci, and were doing so based upon their own understanding of science, research and data, completely independent of Fauci. They don’t report to Fauci, or rely on him, or make decisions because of him. It’s why the MAGA bogey man claim is so flawed - Fauci did what he thought was best for our country, just as all others did what they thought was best for their countries.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think the unified movement is nit as unified as you think. You’re a pretty hard leaning conservative, at least according to your posts. Outside that bubble, there is a large segment that is very leery of Trump.

Of course, you might be right that the entire Pub Party is solidly unified behind Trump, but let’s see if this stays true in a few more weeks. Let the dust settle from the assassination attempt, and the Convention speeches give rise to new news cycles. Let’s see how or whether Trump trumps himself in a few weeks, and whether Biden comes to terms with his stage in life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    Thank you for saying that for so did DT. Covid was something new and not understood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I assume that means no more support for Ukraine, and get out of NATO. To hell with Europe.

Election integrity? The last election had integrity. Put Trump and his criminal organization in power and you can say goodbye to election integrity. Welcome to one-party rule.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Well...he said exactly what that entails. It entails voter ID, and it entails physical ballots that have to be cast and counted the old-fashioned way. If he gets those strict election regulations passed it will be hard for anyone to cheat including Republicans.

20. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Right. The fact that Trump tried to overthrow an election once to stay in power doesn't mean he wouldn't want honest elections. Carry on.

• Winner Winner x 2