Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Good guy with gun kills a teen returning an airsoft gun to sporting goods store

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 12, 2024.

1. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Yeah, most definitely. And a HUGE amount of people need to evaluate whether being a fake tough guy, untrained firearm owner should really be one of their priorities.

Yeah, I'm sure that a few times in history dropping deadly objects out of tall buildings struck a criminal, or otherwise helped society.

It's pretty clear that in the USA gun proliferation only leads to, well......super high levels of gun violence. Other places without all the firearms have next to no gun violence? Derrrrrrrrrrrrr, I just don't see the correlation!!

2. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    It happened all the time in looney tunes and Superman cartoons. lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    This case is so blatant that I can’t see him becoming a cause celebre. Of course, that doesn’t mean it can’t be. Shooter also has some of his own character issues based on the previous incident with him. We will see.

4. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Please point to ONE right leaning poster on this board defending this murder. No one is. No o e is claiming he had a right to shoot this kid. The problem is you equate the right to bear arms with the right to shoot people. Not remotely the same. The vast vast vast majority of legal gun owners do not commit murder. Just like the vast vast majority of Muslims are not terrorist, the vast majority of Catholics are not pedophiles, the vast majority of blacks aren’t gang members.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    In your hypothetical, bringing up the goodness of a person after they were murdered is somehow uncool? WTH?

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Not what I said at all and you know it. Quit being a donkey.

7. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Yes off duty cop. So does that disqualify him from being a good guy with a gun?

8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Perhaps society can strategize ways to prevent the behavior before it needs correction. The notion of gov stepping up wrt America's gun violence problem can only be considered a sick joke at this point in time.

9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Yeah, it's pretty much what you said: Others will find his 6th grade school pic when he was in the school play and use that to claim he was an angel.

Again, a hypothetical about a murdered teen in which people portray the deceased as a good person and you claim it would be uncool. But thanks for the Donkey comment. It speaks for you.

10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Of course not, geez

11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Only in Alabama.

12. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    N need for the geez. I said he was a good guy with a gun. You were the one that wanted to clarify that it was actually a cop not a citizen. I Never brought it up. So I asked a legitimate question.. why did it matter enough that you wanted to remark on the difference?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
  13. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Welcome to portray the deceased as a good person
    Purposely using a picture that is 4-5 years old to claim how innocent the deceased was for political gain.. uncool. Again. You know this happens. Some how I doubt you’d be nearly as ok with it if someone did it with Derek Chauvin.. showed how great he was 10 years ago in order to gain sympathy.

14. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Off duty security guard, not a cop.

Whether the victim had no prior arrests and sung in his church choir or just got out of jail last week has no bearing on the defensibilty of the shooting. It's not a "did the victim deserve to die?" analysis.

15. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Not at all what I said.
    The original
    Post said that some will try to find one pic of him smoking pot or giving the middle finger and make him out to be a thug from that one pic. I agreed.
    And said others would take one pic from 6th grade and try to make the person out to be a saint. Neither are accurate of the person TODAY. And doing either for nothing more than political gain is uncool. Untarnished the true memory of the deceased. Are you the same guy today that you were I. 6th grade? HS? College?
    I’m not. Ana that’s not how I’d want to be remembered or portrayed.
    Never did I say it was ok to murder someone or kill someone based on their past. That’s just spin and projection.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Telling the story of an innocent kid who got shot by a zealot is not a matter of political gain. You sure are defensive in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Sigh
    Not defensive. I never limited to being on ent kids. This happens all the time. Would you be so defensive about it if it was George Floyd’s killer that they portrayed as a choir boy do gooder? Are you ok with someone giving a glowing report of what a wonderful kid Kyle Rittenhouse was in middle school? Don’t think these are accurate portrayals of the individual? Or do you think it’s put out there to gain a foothold for the defense/0prosecution?

You honestly do not think some of this is done for political gain, political good will? maybe you don’t.
    I tend to think it’s almost always done I. Both sides to gain sympathy, good will, etc…
    But again.. I never said it justified an innocent being killed. I never said it happened only to the ne side or the other. I tend to think it’s a universal tactic used by lawyers, families, unions, etc…

18. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I could be mistaken, but my impression that 'good guy with a gun' usually refers to armed citizens, not an armed policeman. That's why there's controversy about it.
    No one is saying that the policemen isn't a good guy who had a gun. He's just not what's usually described as 'a good guy with a gun.'

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I gotcha. My main point was to contradict the clearly inflammatory title of this thread… no one claims the mall cop security guy was good guy with a gun EXCEPT the op in the thread title. Meanwhile and actual good guy with a gun.. an off duty police officer saves lives and we don’t hear a peep.

20. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The ‘good guy with a gun’ is standard excuse the NRA crowd uses to argue that having every dick and harry armed with a gun is a good thing. That’s the point of the title.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1