Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Good guy with gun kills a teen returning an airsoft gun to sporting goods store

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 12, 2024.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    In their eyes, once boys who look a certain way hit a growth spurt they’re fair game to be called and treated like adults. Regardless of their age.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    There's a pretty direct correlation between pro-life people also being pro-gun proliferation. Pro-gun death proliferation. In other words, "pro-life" is clearly not an accurate term. "Pro-life when I choose to be" would be a more accurate way to describe most of those with anti-abortion sentiment.

Maybe it's not the place to point out subjective morality. But it's an accurate depiction.

Anyone who considers themselves "pro-life" would also be strongly in favor of large amounts of rational gun regulation. We could be more like those other Western nations where 10s of thousands aren't killed annually by firearms, and kids forced to practice freaking school lockdowns.

But, alas, the "pro-life" people continue to vote for the proliferators of firearms and gun deaths. And strangely still call themselves "pro-life."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

We can vote for the gun nuts...or the kill babies nuts. ;)

We are a ship with no port.

(Also, many of us support better gun laws)

• Like Like x 1
  4. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    1. Lunatic with a gun where it and he doesn't belong, check.
    2. Opportunity and the thinnest veneer of a reason to kill.
    3. Light skinned kills dark skinned.

It's like a wet dream Fox News fan fiction but IRL.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    What bullcrap.
    The dude was a security guard. What laws applied to him or would have applied to keep him from owning a gun. Unless you just want to ban all guns?
    As for you last question. More crap. I am very pro 2nd amendment- that doesn’t make me pro violence or murder. I am pro harsher penalties for violent offenders. I am pro death penalty for murders (and rapists).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. shaun10

shaun10 Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure "ensure proliferation" is the proper use of wording here. Ensure lawful ability to purchase yes, but not sure about proliferation.

Also, the lawful purchase and carry of any firearms doesn't give anyone the right to do with this idiot did. I know plenty of people, both D's and R's, that believe said purchase and carry does not equate to some sort of responsibility to use.

Lastly, not in favor of "limiting background checks", what does that mean considering current law? And "minimize ALL sane regulation". That seems a bit vague, kind of like the definition of an "assault weapon". Can you be more specific?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
  7. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    I’m curious to see what spin those clowns are gonna put on this story. That assuming they even cover this story at all.

8. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Yes. But they are not the only ones pushing lies… plenty of that going around.
    Do you still believe hands up don’t shoot?

9. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    “Bad guys on both sides” deflection, as always

10. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    No dishonesty here, and I have no desire to argue the Zimmerman case. I took the information from here.

Killing of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia

You’re missing the point I was making. Regardless of how they came about, Zimmerman had injuries to his face and head. That was how he could claim he fired in selfdefense.

This new case in the parking lot, I believe the shooter has no defense that he was in any danger. That is all. That is the point. My whole discussion began when someone expressed the feeling that this guy would not be convicted because Zimmerman wasn’t convicted. I was merely commenting that the cases are not the same in a fundamental way.

11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    They’ll find one picture of the kid on instagram giving the middle finger or find out he smoked pot once or twice and label him a thug.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    For some… it’s not about talking about this tragedy… that’s too simple since EVERYONE agrees it shouldn’t have happened is a tragedy. For some it’s all about putting on their cheerleading skirts and crowing about their team vs the other side.
    That’s why TM and Rittenhouse got brought up.. only way to equate this with people taking the shooters side ( because so far.. no one is taking the shooters side in this case.)
    Yeah team!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Again.. that happened but it wasn’t just one side doing it. Others will find his 6th grade school pic when he was in the school play and use that to claim he was an angel. Happens on both sides. Neither is accurate and neither is cool. Do any of us ever want to be summed up by a picture taken in a snapshot of time? I don’t. I tend to think most are far more complex than that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Sad, but true.

15. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's not pretend he wasn't carrying a loaded bag of skittles.

In all seriousness, I grew up with some tough 17-year olds that wouldn't have taken crap from anybody, let alone an over-the-hill fake security guard trying to play community helper. I can believe a variety of outcomes as possibilities (some where TM is completely or even relatively innocent; some where he's not); that's my personal bias and no problem if others see it differently.

However, I think your larger point was about the fact that we don't need people playing gun-slinging cowboy. That leads to more problems than it solves. It's only a matter of time before a gun-slinging cowboy protects himself against another gun-slinging cowboy. If we don't establish a way to self-correct the behavior, we'll either see more pointless deaths or we'll see the government step in to tell us how to behave.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don’t see in there where a witness backed Zimmerman’s version of events that Martin was pounding his head into the sidewalk…. Can you quote it for me?

It would seem to contradict all the reports of what the witnesses said under oath and show Zimmerman probably lied about some aspects of what happened.

‘I couldn’t see that’: Witness with best view never saw Trayvon Martin banging Zimmerman’s head into sidewalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Our society in general needs to back up and te evaluate our priorities. Too many feel that any disrespect, and minor threat, any small confrontation as needing (and deserving) a violent response.
    Even politically… how many times have we seen people who disagree politically resort to violence. Not debate. Not even noting one another violence. It’s a societal issue. Not cultural, not one political side or the other. Society has deemed this ok and what needs to happen by accepting it.
    Harsher penalties need to be levied. We as a society need to stand up and say “act with unwarranted violence and be locked away for decades. Murder and face the death penalty. Shoot someone out of anger without justification and face the death penalty. Extreme.. yes. But look what being compassionate and sod has given us.

By the way.. a true good guy with a gun saved a bunch of lives in an Atlanta mall yesterday. Killed a gunman who opened fire.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's only fair. No young white teenage boy ever acted performatively rebellious. (Sarcasm)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Why am I not surprised? Second Amendment extremism encourages vigilantism. Let's not forget that Kyle Rittenhouse another vigilante has been hailed as hero by the right including the defeated former president.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Well he was right in one of the cases. lol