Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Good guy with gun kills a teen returning an airsoft gun to sporting goods store

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 12, 2024.

1. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    The point is not many people would look at Trayvon and use the word “child” to describe him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I believe that all depends on how old you are and what state you reside in if you’re talking about legal ramifications.

If a 6 foot 17 year old decides to beat the crap out of a smaller 50 year old it’s unlikely the court will treat him as a “child”. But you know that your just trying to be simplistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Ever notice how a lot of these tragic situations stem from a certain contingent simply refusing to mind their business? Gun-loving, wannabe cop nerds walk around strapped, feeling the need to harass unarmed teenagers walking down the street (Zimmerman), or drive down to protests armed and looking for trouble (Rittenhouse) or harass people parked at a liquor store (Michael Drejka) and then when these morons inevitably end up killing someone, they scramble to hide behind the “stand your ground” defense. When will a law be put in place that stops these losers from causing chaos? #MindYourBusiness

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    nor innocent. I don't think it is a stretch to say that TV likely had more personal confrontation experience than zimmerman did

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    how do they end up so scared of some impending Purge like anarchy?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  6. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Not just him, there's several just like him. You described this perfectly. They always try to make everything about race, they're sick in the head.

If all of this is true about how this young man was killed, then this man should be tried and punished to the fullest extent

7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Hmmm… I would have. At most minimum, I’d have described him as a kid. He looked like a child/kid to me. You’re acting like he looked like a grown man. Since when is a teenager not considered a child or kid?

• Like Like x 2
  8. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    What are you basing this assumption off of?

9. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Shootings like this are just the price we pay for living in a society that is so safe, because we can defend ourselves with firearms.

Wait.....what?

Also, good job to Trumpservatives in derailing the conversation down a rabbit hole.

Also, look at the judiciary and the upcoming election. It won't be getting any better. We had our chance at (very) slow improvement and chose to ignore it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Clearly the only solution here is to have kids carry guns so they are not soft targets. The problem isn't too many guns it's not enough guns. I think that argument holds up.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Looks like returning America to its former greatness means bringing back the concept of sundown towns, like Zimmerman and this guy tried to bring back.

And whatever happened at the last moment, we know Zimmerman followed Trayvon for no reason despite being told not to, for a long time. If Trayvon got tired of being followed and confronted him and was temporarily getting the better of him before being murdered, GZ was getting what he deserved. Only Trayvon experienced an unjust result - death for having the temerity to walk at night as a young black male. But that is this country.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    True. Where in the OP does that exist?

Folks want to investigate and share what they have - that’s fine. No one did so prior to my post.

13. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah… seriously, these Zimmerman supporters must be pretty shitty dads if they think it’s okay for an armed adult to chase a completely innocent kid through a neighborhood - and the kid has no right to attempt to defend himself … if he tried that with my kid Zimmerman would have had to have killed two people that day.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I don’t think a lot of people are “Zimmerman supporters”. Has anyone supported this shooting? Anyone made ANY excuse or rational for the shooting to justify it? I have t seen that. So why the outrage and finger pointing and name calling?
    330 million people in USA. How many gun owners? How many guns? This guy isn’t the stereotype some want to make him out to be. He is a murderer. He murdered someone he didn’t like the look of and has been arrested and will likely pay a price.
    It is senseless and a tragedy that the young man was killed. Ridiculous and unreasonable to the extreme. But it’s not a stereotype, it’s not normal ( no matter how often you claim it is) and it isn’t indicative of one political party me race one gender or one city.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You are being dishonest here… the only witness who saw a few seconds of the fight, before going back inside to call the police, said he DIDNT see Martin slamming Zimmermans head into the ground….

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Wait, what ?!

One political party doesn't do every single thing it can to ensure proliferation of firearms, to limit background checks, to minimize any and ALL sane regulation, and to basically kowtow to whatever the NRA bids them to do?

In short, one political party doesn't do all that it can to perpetuate the cycle of gun violence that plagues no other nations, but only HERE?

I think we know the answer by now.

Hey, by the way, do YOU encourage and enable this gun perpetuation and violence with your vote?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

What is the point of the last part of your statement? If my some chance he is Muslim you can rest assured many "pro-life" people knew and loved him.

I find it abhorrent. I am pro life.

Making this about abortion is gross.

This was barbaric murder. End of story.
    Most pro life, pro choice, indifferent etc will feel the same.

You should delete the highlighted part of your post to maintain some integrity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Just look at the garbage they consume, it rots their brains

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    The “I’m not defending Zimmerman BUT Trayvon Martin was no angel” crowd has been pushing lies about that tragedy ever since it happened.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

He attacks profiling...by profiling. So that is pretty odd. Agree?

That doesnt make them equal though. I agree.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024