Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

GNFP film review vs aTm

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorwalrus, Sep 17, 2024 at 2:36 PM.

1. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Yeah, it's either we just happen to be letting our best players go... which is a damnable offense.

Or...

None of our guys are getting coached up, and when they go somewhere else they get coached up and do well.... also a damnable offense.

I hope it's the latter, because that would mean it will be an easier transition to the new guy. It's so hard to really see how much talent is/isn't on the team due to the way we're (not) being coached.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    The film of Douglas in that review was well...special.

He had to be baked. No other explanation for it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Absolutely, they are not being coached to make it to the league which is probably a goal they all have. What this will do is crash our recruiting when players see that the only real advantage to joining the Gators is the possibility of early playing time. Not because they will be prepared to get to the next level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gators1994

gators1994 Freshman

Sep 10, 2024
    Not what I’m saying. I’m saying that we shouldn’t have to rely on a transfer who’s played very little ball to come in and save our linebacking corp. we should have developed sufficient players that he should be just a small piece of the puzzle. As I said previously, I think pup can be a very good player given time and development.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Howard played well at USCe. I think he can be good now.

6. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    That's not how the staff works. 12 will get plenty of PT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    This has been an issue of mine with the past two coaching staffs. Playing time doesn’t seem to be predicated on how you perform on Saturday, but what you do Sunday through Friday. It may be bad for team moral to play people who loaf during practice, but it is also bad for team moral to keep playing players who consistently blow their assignments.

I understand not playing someone who is dogging it during practice, but if they are putting forth effort in practice and performing better during the game, then they should get more playing time if not be starting over players who may practice better, but don’t perform during the game.

• Agree Agree x 1