Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Global warming forecasts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ATLGATORFAN, Sep 6, 2024.

1. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    It's all academic quibbling at this point. We - the earth's population unified - isn't going to do anything, and its probably too late anyway. It seems to me, just shy 81 years on this planet, that we've lived in the best of times. Whether our descendants will be able to say the same, or whether they'll curse us, remains to be seen. However, I remain hopeful due to AI and progress being made with quantum computers that there will be breakthroughs.

I just wish I could come back in 100 years to see how things turned out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    You don’t know if the globe is warming or not, but if it is, you know it isn’t made made.

So how does that work?

3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    As I understand it any of the known historical causes of global warming, aside from greenhouse gasses are demonstrably not the cause of global warming in the last 150 years. Also it would seem to be a giant coincidence that the amount of CO2 increase closely correlates with the incremental CO2 man has put into the air, and also a giant coincidence that a known greenhouse gas has increased over 50% to levels higher than historically measured over tens of thousands of years, and the earth warms at the same time.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Thanks for that, not sure why you replied to me with that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Like it has always worked.

6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    ok that clears it up, thanks.

7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    you are welcome.

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Wow, it is crazy that you seem to have no knowledge on the empirical data, but that you, renowned expert in both economics and New York criminal law is also an expert on how global climate works.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I've been here long enough now to know that neither you nor any of your leftist buds knows the difference from crapola to guacamole.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I don’t stress about global warming because it’s clearly not a problem we will be able to fix with the number of selfish assholes walking the earth. We will still have people denying this when we have coastal cities underwater.

The same shitheads unwilling to put on a mask or get a shot during a global pandemic. Humanity simply doesn’t have the selflessness required overcome this problem.

If it results in the end of humanity, so be it. The older I get the less I feel like humanity is even worth saving. And the Earth and everything else that lives here will be far better off without us.

Happy Saturday everyone!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    What's fascinating to me, is that for 2 decades (perhsps nigh on 3), the enviro fascists have been pounding the drum of "global warming", and man caused "climate change" to bolster their enviro fascism...

....then we've most recently, inexplicably, seen a party wide abandonment of that position by the Chicom puppet party.

For no particularly discernable reason. At least none that I've been able to identify.

But to illustrate--the enviro fascists' crown jewel was camouflaged as "inflation reduction act" to get passed, rather than preached from on high, as the enlightened paternalistic uber doober educated, high brow smarter than thou, "we're saving the world for and from you" typical arrogance.

Guess the enviro fascists (via the Chicom puppet party), have learned a thing or 2 about marketing.

Cancer evolving and metamorphosising as it spreads and grows, it would appear...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Good try, but no cigars. LOL!

13. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    It reminds me of the old spin magazine. Anybody remember that? Bob Guccione wrote an editorial saying hiv didn’t cause aids. It was a well written well thought out article by a non expert. He ofcourse was wrong. Sometimes the experts are right and when they aren’t it’s another expert who proves them wrong not a keyboard warrior. No matter how smart.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    First, I would suggest that anyone using terms like “enviro fascists” and “Chicom puppet party” shouldn’t be expected to fairly evaluate a political issue. Just as im sure you wouldn’t give much credence to the political analysis of someone referring to “maghats” and “trumpanzees”.

But to your point about the democrats (I assume that is what you mean by Chicom puppet party?) abandoning their climate change platform, I’ll take your word for it. However, I would also caution that the Democratic Party is a political entity whose goal is to be viewed favorably and earn votes, not to commune with correctness. They will push issues harder or softer depending on the political climate rather than the physical climate. However, I have kept up with the scientific community on this issue, and their view has never wavered. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the theory is accurate, but it is what we would expect if it were.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    And yet, you apparently didn't even know that the Earth has been warming for decades. But you are extremely confident that you know why this fact, that you didn't know, is happening.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Volcanic Activity?

It’s almost like those idiots who cite spurious nonsense that the earth has been much, much hotter in the past (like 10’s of degrees hotter) and therefore man cannot be contributing now. It’s a pure logical fallacy argument. Yes, there were cycles where earth’s avg temp was warmer in the past. But you have to go back 100,000 years and major external events. Hell, go back far enough and you get molten rock and probably 1000* temperatures! Of course the same people that find this information useful might also try to convince you the earth is really 6,000 years old or that man and dinosaurs coexisted in lush idyllic jungles.

Most of the “climate change” happenings are observable in a much tighter time frame. Basically post Industrial Revolution. Sure, if a mass extinction event such as an asteroid strike or a super- volcano eruption - the scale of that catastrophe moots any man-made impacts on climate change. But it’s still a pretty sad line of reasoning to avoid the subject.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Guessing you’re a half empty sort of guy.
    Gonna be some very happy camels.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Just so you know, cars and trucks produce CO. Animals produce CO2 when they exhale.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    And I’m absolutely certain that those temperature readings from 1850 to 1970 were scientifically controlled??? I’m sure “climate scientists” in 1850 set up a very controlled process of taking readings at the exact same time and place every day and also developed foolproof models for the readings at the tens of thousands of places that were uninhabited in 1850.

Nothing like drawing conclusions from cherry picked data.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Come on man, if you want to dispute climate change, you can do better than that, maybe.