Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Getting to Know Kamala

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by enviroGator, Jul 25, 2024.

1. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I will admit, I hadn't really followed Kamala much. Remember her from the debates in 2020, and the VP job is always a disappearing act for the most part.

So I thought I would share some videos I've seen recently in case others like me would like to learn more about our next President.

Her first ad is pretty damn good. I can see this really pumping folks up. I know I was pumped after watching it.

Here she is grilling Barr on the senate floor. Didn't notice any giggles.

Here she is grilling Kavanaugh. Shocking lack of giggles.

She strikes me as a tough as nails prosecutor. Would LOVE to see her debate Diaper Don. Dude would need like three pairs of depends.

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 5
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here’s Harris talking about her laugh and messaging it positively. Not sure why Drew Barrymore is sitting so awkwardly close to her though.

3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Heard here talking about abortion and making perfect sense and explaining the problem beautifully… along the lines of, paraphrasing, “I’m not asking people with strong beliefs to change them, I’m saying the government shouldn’t be involved and people should be allowed to make these decisions for themselves”. Her message and delivery was perfect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    That is kind of how I've always leaned. I'm not pro-abortion, personally don't like it. But other than with my wife, I don't think it is right for me to push my beliefs on others.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    I will admit, I have seen her laugh where it looked more like a nervous laugh when she is stressed. But that is a pretty minor quirk to get all bent out of shape about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree. Let's hope people have better, more adult reasons for deciding who to vote for.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    FB_IMG_1721915377237.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    She’s growing on me like a fungus. Donated $500 earlier today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Getting to know Kamala…

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have an aunt named Kamala. Means lotus in Sanskrit. There’s a meme circulating in South Asian chat groups that says The lotus is going to be next potus.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    4 minutes of being unburdened. By Kamala Harris…

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Would have been better to donate that to a local food bank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    With the caveat that I don’t feel strongly either way about abortion, it’s not hard to see why that explanation of it would make little sense to people who do feel strongly that it’s wrong.

You would look at me like I had three heads if I said:

“I’m not asking people with strong beliefs about murder to change them, I’m saying the government shouldn’t be involved and people should be allowed to decide for themselves whether to shoot their annoying neighbor.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Food bank isn’t gonna keep Donald Trump from trolling me for 4 more years.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Not difficult to see why she failed her bar exam.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You really think two people having different beliefs is comparable to murder? There are some religious people who think sick, injured, diseased people shouldn’t seek medical treatment, because it’s gods will, or god will heal them if they are deserving, or whatever … so what, should we outlaw doctors in US because some people choose to believe that?

• Like Like x 1
  17. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Well sure. But she’s not trying to win over a bunch of crazies who equate the morning after pill with shooting your annoying neighbor. To anyone capable of nuanced thinking her explanation makes perfect sense.

18. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I’m guessing the first thing the team with $100m+ behind Kamala is going to start with is by saying “stop saying that” and think of something catchier.

That’s just awkward…

19. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    The “you should let people choose for themselves” is entirely premised on the idea that the people who have strong beliefs about it are wrong, which makes the “I’m not asking anyone to change their beliefs” more or less completely disingenuous.

If you believe that abortion is taking a life, the suggestion that we should let people decide for themselves and keep the government out of it is pretty much exactly equivalent to “we should let everyone make their own decision as to whether to kill someone or not.”

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have some abortion protections, but you need to be honest in your position and admit that in doing so you’re rejecting the validity of some peoples’ beliefs. That’s what makes abortion a tricky issue. There’s nothing wrong with flat out saying that someone who disagrees with you is wrong, and I’m happy to own that I do. But the “we’re honoring everyone’s position but just letting people decided for themselves” take on it is disingenuous, at best.

• Winner Winner x 6
  20. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I agree with this, but like it or not, these things carry weight with a lot of people. Remember in 2004 Democrat voters sunk Howard Dean’s primary race because of his scream at the end of a rally after the Iowa caucuses.

• Like Like x 1