Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Get Fired UP!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorhead, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Wow, if this does not yank your Gator Chain, nothing will!

Enjoy!!!!!

Go Gators!!!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thanks Murph! Dayumn, I want to suit up!!!!!!!!

3. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    The 3rd year of BN, WINS will fire me up!!! Anything else at this juncture is fluff. 11-14, hype videos just don't have the same effect.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm ready for some football already... can't wait.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    I am always hopeful that these youngsters learn that the PROCESS often produces tangible success, but even if it does not, they are better for the process. It's a solid uphill fight this year. Get ready.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    As long as we can stay honest about what 6-6, 3-5 means, okay. Maybe we do a little better than that.

7. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    To do better we have to win on the road.
    Something we haven't done in 2 years.
    That needs to start with the cowbells.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    It is what it is. I don't disagree at all. Frankly, I had hoped BN would be more firmly established, with marked improvement in several areas coming out of last year. But, largely speaking, that was not the case. But BN still has a chance to make a pretty big splash with 7 or 8 wins, plus a bowl in '24. Personally, I think we have some horses now we haven't had since Mc Elsharky's recruits finally departed...let that one sink in for a moment. Uh, oh. I'm starting to get a pang of realism here. Never mind, it passed. We're more talented and deeper than many Gator fans and the vast majority of outsiders believe. IMHO, BN and company need to hit the floor running against scUM. Fair or not, a loss that revolved around getting out coached by Mario would not go over well - particularly if we don't look well-prepared and ready to rock on 8/31.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. savannahgator5220

savannahgator5220 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Savannah Ga.
    I hate to be the bad news guy but this needs to be said. The great coaches show massive improvement between year 1 and year 2. Look no further than Urban and SOS. Kirby lost 5 games his first year. Saban had a so-so first year and look what happened in year 2. I could pull up several instances where this happened across the country. CBN's second year was no better than his first. Now before everyone jumps on me for raining on the parade I like and support Napier. I hope and pray I am wrong. I just look at facts and this worries me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. lizardbreath

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I've heard that claim many times and I immediately wonder if the person who's making it is conversant with the actual "facts" surrounding those meteoric ascensions - none of which occurred in a vacuum. TBH, Billy obviously has a lot to prove and not much time to prove it in the age of instant gratification. But a handful of cherry-picked instances, involving some of the best coaches and some of the better platforms in the history of CFB, are not legitimately predictive of near-certain failure for BN. That fact is particularly relevant after two years of cleaning up a colossal mess that some fans won't acknowledge ever existed in the first place. As for me, I'm keeping my eyes open, and my powder dry in '24. Que sera sera.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. lizardbreath

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Opinion.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    The comparative situations regarding personnel they were walking into between CBN compared to those of Spurrier, Smart, Meyer, Muschamp, and even McElwain (sans OL) is stark. The only advantage CBN has had over them is the portal, which is not a program builder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Urban picked up teams in Florida and Ohio State loaded with future NFL players before he even got there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Year 3 is the new year 2, considering the cluster we were in.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  17. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Interesting that the comments here only want to dwell on W/L records, Billys impending demise, the negative and all that.

FYI THE REASON, I posted this was to provide a realistic look behind the scenes, to look at facilities, to watch the players, to view the hard working people busting their can to make this a great program and so forth.

The strength and conditioning part was really interesting from my perspective.

If you want to call it a "hype piece" go ahead, perhaps if you actually WATCH IT, you might change your opinion.

This was an expertly crafted piece IMO. I really enjoyed it. I guess I am in the minority.

Quite a few of the posts here don't seem to give a damn about any of that. I do.

Perhaps the skeptics here should read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I will spare you the read - The book is about life and the journey of it, not the final destination.

How one can be a fan and not care two cents about anything but wins and losses are missing out on much, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
    • Like x 7
    • Winner x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  18. GatorTheo

GatorTheo Junior

Jun 22, 2007
    I'm very happy about the early 3:30 games.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. GatorTheo

GatorTheo Junior

Jun 22, 2007
    I've followed the Gators since the mid 60s and I don't think it's ever been this hard to dig up some optimism.

On the good side, we're coming in way under the radar so maybe that will help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    All the things in the video are what they should be doing and what they should have been doing for the past 2 yrs. It's expected of them to be putting in that work. Can't get hyped for something that is expected and mandatory to win.

This is a put up or shut up year. This is all about the coaching year.
    BN has changed staff, has changed the culture etc. It's all on his head now.
    Can he and his staff coach these guys to win games?
    That is the year 3 question that needs to be answered.

• Agree Agree x 1