Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Georgia OL Devin Willock, recruiting staffer die in car crash [Developments at #68 -- #283 -- #289]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Kirby knows....he makes the rules in the Athens PD.

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Huey!

3. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  4. reptilenation

reptilenation Sophomore

Oct 12, 2013
    Pace, Fl
    This will shine some light.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    . . . or result in a fast and confidential settlement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I just heard that Kirby might be getting sued too? Lol... I called it after the AJC article came out that Kirby admitted to losing control of his team.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ETGator

Sep 15, 2007
    Wow! Some brave attorney who doesn't want to practice law much longer in Georgia. LOL! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, I don't doubt that. Or that attorney won't be practicing law in Georgia for long. :D

9. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Rob Buck is a damn good lawyer.

The lawsuit is a work of art

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. ETGator

Sep 15, 2007
    Thanks 62!

Also, nice to hear that the lawyer is very good. He'll need to be. This will get really ugly really fast . . . or $$$$$ will start flying around to make it all very quietly go away. It's good that the attorney supervised what she was allowed to (not) say since their insurance investigators would have tried to take a sworn statement and then contort everything, I'd bet.

Is the actual complaint online anywhere @tigator2019?

• Like Like x 4
  12. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF

here u go

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
  14. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    So Gantt is UGA's "fixer" in as far as legal matters are concerned with members of the football team as well as apparently for employees of the UGA Athletic Association. The fact that he was on scene after the accident and then in the room while questioning was being conducted says much to me in as far as Athens PD familiarity with him, as well as his level of importance in a representative role for members for members of the football team and employees for the UGA Athletic Association says much too. 83 different instances of Gantt's acting in the role of a fixer were noted on this filing going back to 2019, despite him having no certification to practice law in Georgia.....interesting?

I found it interesting un-named players and their family on unofficial visits were provided transportation and food at the Restaurant by the UGA Athletic Association (Couldn't that constitute some sort of recruiting violation?) "Toppers" in case anyone wasn't aware, is a nude Strip joint down town, been around for a long long time. Much of the initial speeding before they got onto Oconee Street and Barnett Shoals was in fact on campus roads.....I recall UGA police always being highly visible on campus, so I found it surprising and interesting the high rates of speed they were doing in and about campus roads without drawing any attention of UGA LEO? Then the Ohio dealership providing delivery of the 2 Chargers at different times to Carter, while he played football at UGA was interesting too?

I don't know how Kirby could be held accountable for anything that occurred with this incident, since it appears almost everything I read in this filing seemed to be directly and/or indirectly linked to the UGA Athletic Association which is its own entity completely separate from the University? There does however seem to be a high degree of administrative complacency as well as a measure of lack of institutional control or at a minimum lack of awareness? The young lady driving record if a valid review of her driving record was done or at least regularly completed, should have never been allowed to drive these rented vehicles or least it was my experience from a governmental HR standpoint this would drawn immediate HR attention and potentially jeopardized her continued employment in as far as driving being a primary part of her job.

I always found it interesting how much University and UGA Athletic Association revenue was spent out of state. That may not be a big deal to most, but in my view UGA being a public university should in turn want to ensure university revenue is spent in state to support state businesses, where much of its contributions originate from. One situation that comes immediately to mind is football season tickets and single game tickets, were while I was still in Athens, produced and dispersed out of state.....Missouri if I recall correctly.....Thousands of dollars spent to do that and yet every bit of it was done out of state and sent via US mail back to Georgia mailing addresses......

I don't bottom line feel it wouldn't take a whole lot of looking to uncover a bunch of corrupt activity if not NCAA violations related to UGA football.....it was going on in the 90's and 2000's when I was in Athens and now appears to be even at higher levels now.....Hope this young lady gets everything she deserves with a settlement!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. ETGator

Sep 15, 2007
    This young lady apparently is a good record keeper. She rightfully didn't trust the LegHumper AA it seems. Therefore, she would likely have excellent records on those NCAA violations we so strongly suspect are ongoing. That's her ace in the hole. She sent her shot over the Georgia bow with the detailed records she presented in her complaint. However, even handed an open-and-shut case, it would take an NCAA that was willing to actually DO something and the one we have now is impotent to complicit in what happens.

I hope she gets what she deserves too but if there is insurance involved, which there undoubtedly is, my experience tells me they will only pay if dragged kicking-and-screaming to the courthouse steps. So this could get really ugly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yeah but at least they didn’t give out hats and t-shirts or pay for a phone call.
    SMDH

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    A more accurate post has never been made.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    and uga gave LeCroy $1000 to take players to a titty bar

19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

And that $1000 was to spend while there

I assume according to the NCAA handing a player $100 for a lap dance in the upper level isn’t as bad as giving a kid change for a pay phone

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Link?