Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

George Stephanopolous interview of Biden 8pm 7/5/24

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Jul 5, 2024.

1. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I also just learned tonight that Biden created NATO, that was news to me…:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Did he say he created NATO or expanded NATO?

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    So Biden said he didn't remember if he watched a replay of the debate and then changed it to no he didn't. So he can't remember or Jill didn't let him watch it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    I wonder if the same people slagging Jill have noticed that the other candidate's paid "actor" wife is never seen in public with him by choice, doesn't want to be touched by him and didn't support him at his trial and isn't supporting him in this campaign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    And she will be living in NYC if trump is elected

6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    The arrogance is palpable. I've been saying for a long time Biden is out-of-touch with the public. IMO, this whole thing proves it. Let's call it what it is. Biden's inner circle, beginning with Jill, are so arrogant that they believe they can convince the American people with these cringeworthy interviews that he's 'good to go.' Just that alone is enough for me to say to myself 'this guy doesn't need to be POTUS'. I hate to belabor the point, but Joe has always been out-of-touch. The only reason he is POTUS is because Obama picked him to be VP. The Democratic Party are too beholding to their progressive wing and do not see moderate Democratic governors as viable options to hold the presidency at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    So says the fan of the guy who grew up in NYC and has an apartment there with gold walls and toilets.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    It's also amusing to see MSM stories now pointing out that Biden held a rally in Wisconsin on Thursday "reading from a teleprompter." I never saw them mention this prior to the debate, that he reads from a teleprompter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    So says the guy that has Trump living in his brain. This thread is not about Trump. It is about Biden being able to do the job and is health and mental issues.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Here’s my problem. I’ve seen and heard about the ravages of age in the workplace. There was a guy that worked in the provosts office at Uf who was in his 80s. Now clearly this guy in the past had been very sharp. But at some point his staff started reporting issues. Like how he needed a cookie before meetings to stay awake and/or not lose his temper, how he would forget things people said to him within hours. And about how he became easily tricked and influenced by subordinates. From all reports what this did was make the last conversation he had the most impactful on his decision making. People said it created an atmosphere of incredible infighting where his people would fight and even bribe his executive assistant to be the last meeting on his calendar before a big decision was made in order to influence his decision making. He started making crazy hiring decisions mostly to put people in positions of power that he had known for years and trusted even if they weren’t qualified or to hire people’s friends after they got in his ear. It made that entire office toxic, and by all accounts, both internal and external, that office became a total shit show. 2 years later even with a new president and new provost and that old guy retired, everything I have seen and heard indicates that they have not been able to untangle the mess that guy left. That’s the kind of stuff that worries me about Biden right now. I have similar worries about both candidates but for different reasons but Biden’s cognitive decline makes for a bad leadership environment imo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I wouldn't hire either of the candidates to work any job for my business. Yet somehow, one of them is most likely going to be our president. Our system of electing leaders seems to be very broken.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Biden bragging he is in a toss up election with the ultimate terrible candidate. Sigh. Boy does Huffington hate Biden.

In Post-Debate Interview, Biden Downplays Democratic Crisis Of Faith

Biden suggested that polls, which show Trump with a substantial post-debate lead, aren’t fully accurate. “All the pollsters I talk to tell me it’s a toss-up,” Biden said.

Similarly, he denied that allies would view his campaign as a liability for the Democratic Party. “If you are told reliably from your allies, from your friends and supporters in the Democratic Party, in the House, in the Senate that they’re concerned you’re going to lose the House and in the Senate if you stay in, what will you do?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“I’m not going to answer that question,” Biden replied. “It’s not going to happen.”

13. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    If someone says candidate A has problems a, b and c and candidate B has problems a, b and c on steroids, comparison and contrast is fair comment.

Also, I could care less about your posting advice.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Watched it 3 times, first he said he created NATO then he mentioned he expanded NATO.

Watch the full video yourself and tell me.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Lots of in fighting now with the Dems, Biden saying he’s talked to people in leadership who say they haven’t talked to him in months. I guess in principle it’s accurate but not accurate in the context of the question that was asked.

George did a good job of being very straightforward with the questions and not pulling any punches.

Early on Biden said he was tired from being in Europe, George then replied with something to the effect “you were in camp David for 6 days preparing for the debate why wasn’t that enough rest.

16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    That is a pretty good insight. I had not thought about it that way, but it makes perfect sense. And of course, Biden has much more power than a senior staff member in the UF provosts office. Based on the experience you related, I'd guess there was already a fair amount of that preliminary activity (last meeting before big decisions, etc) going on before the debate.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. thegatorvault

thegatorvault All American

Jan 11, 2015
    The interview was better than the debate, but still wasn’t great. I don’t think much of him, his administration, or any of his policies, but as a human being, there is a part of me that really feels bad for him.

It’s apparent now along with many in his party, his allies in the MSM want Biden out because they don’t think he can beat Trump. That and/or they are trying to save face with their audience after blatantly lying to them over and over again. Regardless of the reason, they are not protecting him any longer.

The only way anything changes at this point is if Biden relinquishes his nomination and releases his delegates. There are still a lot in the Dem party that don’t want this to happen. I’m still not sure what the calculus for him to stay but my guess is one or all are at play:
    1. Believe the base will support him no matter what, and believe they can spread the Trump Derangement Syndrome to enough independents and Never Trumpers
    2. The Dem bench popularity is very poor, and may be worse against Trump making Biden the ‘best option’
    3. Believe they can get the needed ‘votes’ regardless of who is on the ticket ie using their turnout machine “If Fetterman can get elected, so can Joe”
    4. Are in huge denial for whatever reason “the polls aren’t accurate”

It will be an interesting few months watching them figure it out, if at all. Honestly I don’t see anything changing because it sure seems that Biden’s inner circle (fam/advisors) don’t want him to quit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    I'm only addressing one thing here.

We haven't seen an accurate poll in a long time. What we do keep seeing is that the Trumpy/red candidate underperforms polls by big margins even in deep red areas.

Now those were in off cycle elections not presidential. However, Biden does better in likely voter screens than registered voter screens also.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. thegatorvault

thegatorvault All American

Jan 11, 2015
    I’m not sure I understand what you mean about “accurate polls”. Do we not have Biden vs Trump polls that show Trump leading in swing states? Stephanoupolis mentioned some polls in the interview. I’m not calling you out, just honestly asking about your post……

20. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    And some show Biden leading as of a couple days ago.

My point is that in the off cycles, there is a big anti-Trump aligned pols votes number not being captured. Perhaps that will be the same in this presidential. Maybe not. Who knows.

• Funny Funny x 1