Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gator Baseball 2024 OFFICIAL ROSTER/Transfer Tracker/Lineup???

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Matherly87, Jun 6, 2023.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    An absolutely awesome catch in a huge situation.

2. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    So many thanks to you folks who are going to the practices/scrimmages and reporting back to the rest of us. Very much appreciated. :star:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I’m more of an observer than a reporter. I don’t take notes and I’m easily distracted, SQUIRREL! , lol. I try to give updates on specific things people are focused on like Ty and Pierce or if someone asks about a specific player, I’ll try to pay closer attention so I can answer. I don’t make it to every practice or scrimmage, but I am blessed to be able to make a lot of them now that I’m back home.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    It's becoming a PC issue around here if you mention the unmentionable name. I wasn't there but perhaps you saw Philpott who is tall and lanky as well. Be careful in the future about calling out any PC info or you might get banned by the mods.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Philpott was in blue and wears 34. He was out there at the same time. I’m fairly certain it was 18 as was the guy sitting behind me. Maybe they just had him dress for his bullpen session, which we have been told he is doing now. I was bummed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Excellent info Paid. Yep if 18 is throwing bullpen you got more than anyone else has so far.

7. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  8. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Something of note again that I mentioned last week....
    Reading today's comments from practice we see the team that includes Kurland, Shelton, Cags, Robertson, and usually Shelnut having a problem once again scoring runs when they face starters like Fisher and Peterson. I get the difficulty facing our best pitchers but they aren't doing much against any of the relievers as well. Does this mean our best pitchers are better than our best hitters or does it mean our best hitters are coasting into the season? None of this will matter of course in another week when we all find out how good we are.

But on the flip side the team with most of the freshmen are scoring plenty of runs. They are seeing pitchers like Cags and Satin that are fastball for strike pitchers and the guys are probably all sitting dead red fastball. As I said before could it be Sully has his key starters working on things that is causing the lack of production or maybe Sully is calling pitches differently depending on who is up to bat? I doubt it but a trend has been happening for most of the spring now. Hopefully someone remembers to throw the switch this Friday and turn the power back on in our starting bats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Looking forward to getting out to practice Saturday. I expect to see Peterson starting on the mound and maybe Cags since he DH'ed on Friday. Also I see in the other notes Sully had Guy in CF and Robertson back in RF. Plus Robertson was batting low in the order. Obviously Sully has not gotten enough from his bat to keep Robertson in the leadoff. If this continues Sat/Sun then we can expect an early lineup change for the season's start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Normally pitching is always ahead of hitting early—then there’s a swing towards the hitters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Notes on possible PT in outfield: Guy looked very good in the field and bat yesterday making several v. good catches and showing great range - made some tough plays look easy.... plus his bat has awakened after a so-so Fall. I'd not be suprised if he starts in CF next weekend. Also would like to see Brookins get some PT early on. If Robertson starts he will likely be at bottom of the order not top. My top 4 lead off in lineup: Kurland, Shelton, Cags, Heyman....if you prefer not to go R-L-L-R then why not Shelton, Kurland, Cags, Heyman??

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    It will be important to see if Sully keeps playing Robertson in RF until Evans is ready. I don't think either Guy or Robertson will leadoff for now. As to the R-L-L-R, I recall early in the fall Sully ran a few experiments with Shelton batting before Kurland then Cags and Heyman. So its very possible we might see that again.

I also thought it interesting that Sully started Yost in CF yesterday as well. I think that gives Yost an even greater chance to play before Brookins some where in the OF, since he has show to be a good hitter that can cover some ground.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Tick....Tick....tick..tick..tick

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Welcome once again sports fans to another beautiful evening at The Condron. Scrimmage action is late starting but we should start seeing the field prep start soon. We have 2 RHP warming in the OF.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    87, Looking forward to your observations. Tell us more... I assume Peterson is one RHP but who is the other?

17. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Back from an absolutely great night of baseball. That was one of the better scrimmages that I have seen this fall and spring. Props to the coaches for setting up a competitive, action packed night and showed us the starters all playing together with what looked to be the players for this Saturday. We also saw most of our best pitchers and had a good night overall. I don't recall a single error on either side for some good clean baseball. I even appreciated the starters breaking thru and getting the hits you would expect while facing good pitching. Best of all we almost went WWF Smackdown on the field tonight before tempers were settled, more on that later.

18. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    We started in the Top of the 2nd with White/Orange up to bat. They were the backups but were supported with pitching from Slater, Jones and Smith.

In the field for Blue....
    P - Peterson 12
    C - Heyman 28
    1B - Donay 29
    2B - Kurland 4
    SS - Shelton 10
    3B - Mr. Hulk Hogan Thomas 1
    LF - Shelnut 6
    CF - Robertson 11
    RF - Yost 16

Top of the 2nd White batting Peterson on the mound
    ----Note: Evans played in RF but did not bat for White
    50 - FO to CF
    30 - SO (3-2 count)
    24 - SO

Top 3rd Peterson P (95 mph)
    23 - SO
    26 - PO to SS
    44 (Armando Albert) - HR (3-2 count) to RCF 1-0 White
    5 - SO

Top 4th Peterson P
    50 - SO
    30 - SO
    24 - FO to LF

Top 5th Peterson P
    23 - PO to 2B
    26 - Line Out to LF
    44 - SO

Top 6th Peterson P
    5 - SO
    50 - Double to LCF deep gap
    30 - (Runner caught stealing at 3rd) SO

Top 7th Neely in to P (Heyman moves from C to 1B, Donay moves from 1B to C)
    24 - SO
    23 - FO to RF
    26 - SO

Top 8th Neely P
    44 - FO to LF
    5 - SO
    50 - FO to CF

Top 9th Neely P mph 93
    30 - Single liner to LF
    24 - SO
    23 - SO
    26 - SO

Next up the Blue hitting

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    From the Bottom of the 2nd you could see what Sully hopes to have for the lineup and maybe the batting order for this Saturday. They faced Slater who pitched very well, gave up more hits, but prevented any runners from scoring other than one very important run.

In the field for the White...
    P - Slater 13
    C - Garrison 26
    1B - Wilson 30
    2B - Mummau 5
    SS - Albert 44
    3B - Martinez 23
    LF - Brookins 24
    CF - Guy 50
    RF - Evans 2 did not bat

Blue batting in the Bottom of the 2nd facing "Randy Macho Man" Slater on the mound throwing in the low 90s
    11 - GO to 2B
    4 - Single to CF
    14(DH) - GO ruled a double play but crowd disagreed

Bottom 3rd Neely P mph 91
    28 - Single to RF
    10 - PO to deep SS
    6 - Single (3-2 count) to LF runners on 1st and 3rd
    29 - SO on 3 pitches - ugly AB for 29
    16 - runner at 1st steals second on ball in dirt - SO

Bottom 4th "Macho Man" Slater P
    *****This is where things got interesting
    1 - Dale "Hulk Hogan" Thomas connects on his deepest HR I've seen him hit and ties it up 1-1
    Note - Thomas starts a very slow walk all the while watching and watching and watching. I even pointed him out not starting any trot and staring down Slater. Slater finally turns to see Thomas still walking and staring at Slater and is about half way to first. Slater erupts and calls Thomas out for the display. Slater approaches as he rounds first and they both start jawing quite loudly. Thomas is trotting by now but Slater keeps up his intensity as Thomas rounds second looking back and yelling back. Slater then starts stomping over to the third base line to confront but catcher Garrison trots over in full gear as the middle man. Both continue to argue as Slater is held back saying get your "Bleepity, Bleepity, Bleep back to dugout". It took awhile for calm to return to the field needless to say. Later you could hear Thomas explaining to Sully "I didn't say Bleep to him".
    Anyway tie game 1-1 no one out.
    11 - Bunt attempt but was thrown out by C on a bang bang play
    4 - SO
    14 - Double against the CF wall, Guy playing deep crashed into the wall as ball got there but was unable to make the play - man on 2nd
    28 - runner at 2nd tagged out attempting to steal 3rd - GO

Bottom 5th Neely P hit 94 mph
    10 - FO to RF
    6 - FO to LF
    29 - Single up the middle
    16 - SO

Bottom of the 6th - 48 Hunter Jones comes into pitch
    Note: I was very disappointed because Thomas was next up to bat and hoped Slater would get another chance. I was all set to yell out "Remember to duck" as Thomas stepped in. Maybe next time....
    1 - GO to SS
    11 - SO
    4 _ SO

Bottom of the 7th Jones P mph 93
    14 - Walk
    28 - Single to LF runners 1st and 2nd
    10 - FO to CF
    6 - SO
    29 - SO
    Hunter Jones goes off pumped with the first two on and holding them to no runs. Well done Hunter!

Bottom 8th #32 Grayson Smith in to P
    16 - Single lined to CF
    1 - runner caught stealing 2nd - Walk (3-2 count)
    11 - Mikey Robertson goes HR deep to back of the bullpen in RF. Score is 3-1 Blue
    4 - SO
    14 - SO

Game called without Blue batting in the bottom of the 9th