Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Garland doesn’t rule out indicting Trump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jul 26, 2022.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

He is a weak leader then.

Watch and read the speech. Look at the timeline. Know he did not take over the government. You have weekend at bidens….

2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Right. You didn’t watch the timeline. Or the testimony of 2 Trump West Wing officials, one his deputy press secretary and the other a high ranking NSA official. Republicans. Or the synchronized video. Would have been an eye opening experience for your children to watch and learn. And hear what Republican are saying about what happened. And what the video evidence shows. But, truth and evidence seem irrelevant to Trumpers. Until they are compromised, too. It happens to all of them eventually.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Just do some reading about it. You can start by reading this one from the NY Post:

Trump’s silence on Jan. 6 is damning

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Trump dominates the lives of too many based on too hot lol!

Some of you all need to get out and enjoy Life!!!:):devil::cool:o_O:ninja3:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Ok. And?

It’s not some random yah00. It’s the editorial opinion of the right wing Murdock Paper’s editorial board. Lemme guess, NY Post crossed the orange god so they are ANTIFA now.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Here we go again with a BS poll. First off, where did they even find anyone who watched the dog and pony show? It got lower ratings than repeats of crappy sitcoms. And 60% viewing the “investigation” as fair is not the same as “support for the committee exceed 60%”. Like I said, didn’t realize what today was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    18 million people watched the last installment of the Jan 6 committee. And the average number of viewers for every hearing was 13 million. For comparison purposes, the last SEC Championship game had 17.9 million viewers.

Please show me repeats of crappy sitcoms that get over 10 million viewers. Or are you making up claims again that you can't prove?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Not even considering the coverage it receives. The hearings are staying in national focus much longer than expected

10. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Wow. Bling gave me a lay up.
    Even CNN has conservative editors. Not many, but they do. Fox has libbies around too. Editorials don’t mean that much.
    Thanks for making me look good.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I've hardly watched the hearings at all. But I've read extensively about them. They've had an impact on public opinion. That's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Well, they don't call it "Deep State" for nothing. Orangeman can't get a break. Or, if you prefer the black and white version:

Personally, I think this is more his style:

And finally this:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I know this is somewhat off-topic but I couldn't resist.
    Donald Trump's mafia connections: Decades later, is he still linked to the mob?
    Netflix's 'Fear City' Hints at Trump's Mob Connections. The Real Story Goes Even Deeper.
    New York prosecutors are treating the Trump Organization like it's the mob
    Comey said working with Trump reminded him of the Mob — let’s break that comment down

14. tegator80

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    My take on all of it? It is mostly this:

You Dems look good in tails!

15. tegator80

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I am reminded of the line, "In an insane society, the sane shall appear to be insane." If you can conceive of a Deep State, it all makes some sense. The game is to get everyone to take a side and pull on the rope. The winners aren't one of the ones pulling the rope, it is the folks staging the contest.

And yes, the Deep State theory is conspiratorial. But it is also like faith: it can be considered irrational but it usually is based on anecdotal evidence that, when looked upon in the big picture over a period of time, can not be dismissed.

My old take about Trump: besides being a classic narcissist, he was (and still is) a useful idiot to the real power. If he had been a real threat during his term, he would have been assassinated by a, oh let's go out there, dispirited, gay black man. Sure he acted alone, sure he did.;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So lets see if we have this straight, along all news networks carrying the dog and pony show, the BEST performance was 20 million viewers across ABC, NBC, CBS andCNN, MSNBC and Fox Business, along with six other networks, suddenly that viewership doesn’t look so hot. It’s actually awful. For example, the evening newscasts on ABC, NBC and CBS draw an average of 18-20 million viewers per night.

Anyone thinking a lot people watched the dog and pony show are not using their brains.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    A big concern of firing so many because “everyone in gov is horrible at their job” is who he will replace them with. Dear Leader has a history of hiring unethical sycophant and that trend was getting worse when he was voted out.

18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I guess it was just a coincidence that WSJ, another Murdoch paper, ran a similarly scathing article today

19. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Was it another editorial?

• Like Like x 1
  20. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Going to disagree with this. Having read an introduction / article appearing a few months ago in our local paper, the Grand Junction Sentinel. It was written by the publication's new incoming editorial editor on just this topic and what he wrote refutes your assertion - bolded above. The Grand Junction editor revealed the editorial positions taken by the newspaper are decided by a poll of all members of the Sentinel's managing staff. He went on to further reveal at times it obligated him as editor to write in agreement with issues he himself, disagreed. It was all part of what he was hired to do.

Unfortunately I could not find that particular article on the paper's website, so found the following to underscore what I had previously read on the Sentinel's editorial pages. It is a tutorial on editorial writing by Alan Weintraut. In it he wrote the following, and a good deal more, on the subject of writing editorials.

Writing an Editorial in the tutorial published by geneseo.com (SUNY)

CHARACTERISTICS OF EDITORIAL WRITING

An editorial is an article that presents the newspaper's opinion on an issue. It reflects the majority vote of the editorial board, the governing body of the newspaper made up of editors and business managers. It is usually unsigned. Much in the same manner of a lawyer, editorial writers build on an argument and try to persuade readers to think the same way they do. Editorials are meant to influence public opinion, promote critical thinking, and sometimes cause people to take action on an issue. In essence, an editorial is an opinionated news story.

Weintraut, lecturer and teacher, is the English Department Chair at Annandale High School. He has been teaching AP English Language & Composition, Journalism and IB Film Studies at AHS in Fairfax County, Virginia since 1994. Weintraut's excellent academic and professional credentials can be further scrutinized here - https://www.linkedin.com/in/alan-weintraut-5498475.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1