Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

GAME THREAD: Virginia Tech at (7) Miami, Fri. at 7:30pm on ESPN

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Sep 27, 2024 at 1:08 PM.

1. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I think your comparison is accurate. FSU needed help from the crooked ACC refs three times last season to stay undefeated. Let’s see how many times Miami gets that courtesy this year.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 5:06 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yeah, amazing that we gave up the best rusher in the country and that’s not just an opinion. He showed it last year and showing it again this year. When he transferred so many sad, no loss and Billy Will recruit over him or recruit a transfer kid to take his place from the portal

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    I suggest you look at the phantom holding call on the Tech lineman on their long td run if you think they waited until the end to start baking this game. Two plays prior to the final play they horse collared the tech qb and got nothing.

As for the out of bounds player the 90 degree angle shows the receiver land and the db no where near the ball. Probably secured then the hand goes in to the ball to make it move. The angle makes it more clear he landed with the ball secured and stripped. Regardless it isn’t indisputable if you even have one percent chance of him catching it cleanly. No one can guarantee he didn’t land with the ball secured. If it were so obvious they wouldn’t have needed a 7 minute long review to be 100 percent certain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bowiegator

Bowiegator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    It is the system that is screwed up. We have to get rid of conf affiliated refs period. Eventually it will happen.

6. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    You don’t need the entire crew on payroll, just the head ref.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

8. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    The ACC REPs in Charlotte made the call. They are the crooked ones! They need to keep their only top 10 team relevant.

I hope the NCAA and the people who make the decisions on the playoffs see this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    That would help, but I’m not sure it would completely fix it

10. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

I agree, but the ACC is just particularly atrocious. The member schools' fans will tell you themselves, especially in basketball.
    All the conferences have officiating with a tad of bias, but the ACC is way above them in being blatant and over the top about it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don’t disagree with the video rules but LIKE I said it looks LIKE the player that is out of bounds touched it so it would be an incomplete. I didn’t watch the game, only replay I saw was what I commented on. And I don’t subscribe to referee conspiracy theories.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bowiegator

Bowiegator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought ncaa refs were not affiliated and paid by the conferences. I’m pretty sure basketball has it set up correctly.

13. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    I'll give you an example you should watch if you dont think the ACC officiating is known for this stuff. No conspiracy...flat out screw job and in fact the one that got instant replay into college football. Maybe you've heard of it...the Swindle in the Swamp.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...tory-2003-the-swindle-in-the-swamp-133283825/

Indisputable is indisputable. Guys foot is CLEARLY out...ball came out clearly before he was down...guy CLEARLY crossed the goal line. It's pretty easy to call since it should be indisputable 100% no questions asked. Otherwise they say "call on the field stands". That means maybe the ball moved and came out but it wasn't indisputable. This at best was a maybe...maybe you saw a 90% chance maybe 95% but you have doubt. There is not indisputable evidence to overturn that call...since no one had a clear shot on any angle which could bring you to 100% certainty. If they could get to 100% it damn sure shouldn't take 7 minutes to do so....it should be like one minute maximum.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 7:57 PM
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

Yes and no.
    They are NCAA refs, and the NCAA selects them for the tournament, but the conferences select from the NCAA refs pool for regular season games.
    Let me put it like this
    A company gets accused internally of wrongdoing. HR hires a third party team to do the investigation. The third party is so that the investigation is "neutral". But the investigating company is paid by the company being investigated. There is often a quid-pro-quo arrangement where they know to be selected again in the future, they need to lean in everything 50/50 and things 60/40 and even 70/30 towards the company hiring them as much as they can.
    If a ref isn't selected by a conference, they aren't "hired" as the NCAA tourney refs are selected from the regular season refs. And many conferences have a group of refs they select on the regular.

15. vaxcardinal

Apr 8, 2007
    Get over it. That happened so long ago

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2017
    Seemed like yesterday for those of us who watched it.

17. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    And the motivation for conferences to affect outcomes to their benefit are still relative today.

I don't believe in "scripted" game conspiracies but it's naive to think that external influences don't happen with millions of dollars at stake. I believe fsu would have dropped significantly with a loss that year which would have allowed for them to be bypassed for a high tier bowl game as the ACCs top team that year. The ACC stood to lose millions with an fsu loss.

Don't remember specifics but it was something to that effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. vaxcardinal

Apr 8, 2007
    You probably need counseling if something that occurred 21 years ago still seems like yesterday for you.