Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) GAME THREAD - REGIONAL FINALS: Florida vs. South Alabama - Sunday 4 PM - ESPN+

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, May 18, 2024.

1. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Last night USA left Lackey in the game, despite a four-run lead in the 7th inning. Granted only one inning, but if I were the coach I would have given her some rest. If things started to go south (their bullpen is pretty thin) she could have re-entered.

The USA game last night didn't end until 11:30 p.m. The guy I sit with thought Lackey was limping around the dugout before today's game. Kinda surprised to see her get the call today when the game was basically over and the USA team bus was warming up to start the drive back to Mobile.

To me, Ava seemed kinda out of sorts. Called "time" often and really didn't seem comfortable. She called "time" so often that at one point it seemed that the umpire would not agree (not sure the rule on that) and the UF pitching coach came out for a coach's timeout.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Ava has called time a lot in every game. But they brought Lackie in so she could pitch one last time I belive.

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Good info about Brown -- I hadn't noticed that.

That thought occurred to me about Lackie -- a swan song like CTW did for Barnhill (classy move) years ago.

So I looked up Lackie and she's just a Junior.

But maybe the USA Coach knows that Lackie is entering the portal and so it really was a "goodbye" from USA.

And maybe Lackie playing at KSP will make her want to come here! :)

4. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    That weird because every time I've heard her mentioned this week whether podcasts or broadcaster they said she was a senior. I also belive they said on the broadcast this is her last game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
  7. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

8. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    I swear I looked it up on this thing called Internet. Apparently, that thing can be wrong. Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 1