Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Game Thread (2): (4) Florida vs. (2) Oklahoma, Tuesday at 2pm on ESPN

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Bazza, Jun 3, 2024.

1. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Congrats ladies. Thank you all so much for the wonderful year and all the great entertainment. As always, GO GATORS!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I remember before the season, several agreed with the following scenario with our softball team:
    This year win a Regional and make a Super.
    Next year win a Super Regional and make it to the WCWS.
    3rd year win it all!.

I think we're ahead of the curve. Will be very interested to see if any of our returning players try out the portal and if Tim Walton tries to pick up an elite player (pitcher or position player) from the portal.

I do think if he had been able to get either Maxwell or Alana Vawter to come to UF, we would have won it this year. But that's hndsight and speculation. Maybe Keagan wouldn't have developed and matured the way that she has. Maybe the team chemistry would have been different and we wouldn't have gotten this far. I was thrilled with the class, chemistry, work ethic and talent on this year's team and hope it continues with the new group of incomers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. Rkb75

Rkb75 Senior

Sep 19, 2015
    Again, fun to watch and they were truly a bunch of over achievers. Walton did another superlative coaching job. It was a nice ride to go from preseason #8 in SEC to SEC tournament champs to Semis in the WCWS.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I know it didn't end the way we were hoping, but our ladies took ou to extra innings and came very close to moving to the finals against ut, they gave everything they had..competed till the end.
    I am so very proud of our team...love their spirit, class, toughness, and competitiveness...such great representatives for UF.
    The future is very bright and I believe they will be right back in OKC next year winning it all!
    Go Gators!

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  5. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Put the rest of the nation on notice.The gators are back!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Not ready to look to next year, maybe tomorrow, everything sucks today and I want the earth to open up and swallow the entire state of Oklahoma. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Coach TW got as much (or maybe more) out of this team that he could this year. Considering the lack of mature pitching depth, i didn't think we could take 2 in a row from OK. Our team had absolutely no quit in them, and almost pulled off a tremendous upset. Even so, after Kegan threw for so many innings these last few days, it would have been an even more difficult mountain to climb to beat Texas after this series. The future is very bright for us.

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Don't think so. I'm sure Tim would grab a quality veteran arm in the circle. Other than that, I doubt he has any interest in the portal this year given what we have coming back and what is coming in. His problem is going to be trying to figure out how to play them all. He doesn't need, and we have no need, to add to it other than if some superstar type position player entered the portal you couldn't ignore.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. mississippi_gator

mississippi_gator Freshman

Mar 28, 2024
    Ocean Springs, MS
    only need I see is a veteran arm

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    @cyberdyne . . . why the "come on man" rating for this post?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I've had private conversations with a couple of people who have put c'mon man's or disagree/bacons on my posts where there was nothing to dispute or quibble about. And the response has always been that they hit it by mistake, intending to like or agree. That's probably what happened. But one never knows, does one? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Junior

Jan 19, 2012
    Not the ending we wanted but what a season Gators! So proud of this squad and the future is so bright in Gainesville.
    But for the next 2-3 days it’s let’s go Horns. The way these Sooners act disgusts me and for the life of me, I don’t know why opposing pitchers don’t throw at their heads after they spike the bat and act a fool after a walk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Which brings up the question, is there any way to remove or edit a mistake?

14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh yeah, you can change your rating at any time. I think often though the poster doesn’t even realize that they made the rating. They may have just inadvertently hit the rating button while scrolling.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Oklahoma is the Bama if softball. 7 trips to the title series in the last 8 years working on a 4 peat. That's the textbook definition of dynasty and we took them to the brink. But I do like texas' chances here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    On the bottom right-hand side, across from the ratings, it says undo rating. All you have to do is click on that.
    Is anybody in that much of a hurry they cannot do that?
    We all need to remember to take our self-awareness pill.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Yea, except Bama doesn't get to play all their championship games in Birmingham. That home crowd is a clear advantage, especially when youre down in games like yesterday.

18. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Thanks @ocalaman! I always think a fat finger at first too . . . except some fingers are selectively (passive-aggressively) fat. He has rated numerous posts by @MCB51 with his "come on man" many as bland as play-by-play descriptions while other posters get different ratings. He seems to be seeking her out and that type of conduct isn't right.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    @cyberdyne didn't make a mistake with the Come on Man on your post. Maybe he thinks he is funny.
    Or maybe he is just an a**

• Agree Agree x 2