Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fundamental restructuring of UF football

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorwalrus, Sep 5, 2024.

1. phrogs_4_ever

phrogs_4_ever Recruit

Nov 7, 2021
    100% agree. We have to flip the table and invest in players and a GM instead of the overpriced coaches w/ obscene buyouts.

2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Colleges aren’t footing the bill for those buyouts, and there seems to be a never ending line of boosters ready to pay for them. If the boosters started making the colleges eat those costs and stick with their hires, the contracts might change. First one to change is going to have a hard time finding a new coach though.

3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Good, you watch the NFL, then. It's not what I want for college football. I quit watching the NFL a long time ago, and the only football I like now is college football. It would be a shame to let college football turn into some side show version of the NFL minor-league. Leave well enough alone.

4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    In case you haven't noticed, it already has. Seriously? Where have you been for the last 3 years? And you think it's somehow going to regain that integrity? LOL! That game is dead and gone. Just deal with it.

As for the NFL, I do watch and the beauty is I don't have to choose because one plays on Saturday and the other on Sunday.