Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FSU Suing ACC over withdrawal Fee

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 2oldgator, Dec 22, 2023.

1. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Sign me up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Id bet you may actually be a better QB than him (the bar is very very low here)...no way you throw more pick sixes and no way youd give us that beautiful falling on on your ass against Oregon meme. Plus you probably havent raped as many people or failed to recognize the game cant go either way when you are getting beat by 50. You may have even got a degree from a real school too... Im just going out on a limb here. Oh, one last thing...you probably dont have short arms like him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Stupid clown school

4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

6. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    This lawsuit is over because they got what they wanted. The other lawsuit is still going. I don’t really think it changes anything yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The irony for those two schools is that neither the B1G nor the SEC want them, so they'd have to go to the Big-12 or go independent. Lol... They obviously never thought this through... Like I said, destroying two entire conferences (the one you leave and the one you go to) has to be financially prohibitive. And they signed that agreement when money was actually worth more. So they can't say that it was too much at the time they signed their contract, since now that fee to leave (in dollars) is worth less than it originally was worth.

8. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    I've just loosely followed this topic & wondering what the legal situation is with the new ACC members if the ACC loses earning potential or falls completely apart if fsu/Clemson leave?

9. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yes, this was a lawsuit filed to obtain documents. They got the documents. There was no point in continuing.

I guess we will see what is in the documents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brodeur

Brodeur GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I believe there is language (reportedly) in the ACC media contract that states it can be dissolved if the conference falls below a certain number of schools. So some reports around the addition of Cal, Stanford and SMU described adding those teams as insurance that the ACC would still have enough teams to keep the contract valid if 2 or 4 schools decided to leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    And it was a lawsuit filed by the State of Florida on the taxpayer's dime. I guess its good that the ACC gave in and provided the documents so the taxpayers wouldn't get even more hosed with lawyer fees fighting FSU's battles by proxy.

• Like Like x 1