Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FSU just threw an 82yd pick six…

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UF76JMH, Sep 28, 2024.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Napier is lost for sure. Maybe it has to do with money to acquire talent, we will never know that. What I do know is the trenches on both sides suck and that takes time to rebuild. It’s not like hitting the portal and grabbing a cornerback in a couple receivers.

2. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Agree with Napier walked into a mess. Disagree it would take Meyer 2 to 3 years to win 8 to 10 games. To do that would be dismissing the plethora of errors that cost us close games as well as the total lack of scheme adjustments we see every 3rd quarter which presumably Meyer wouldn't tolerate.

I gave Napier a pass because of the number of tweeners Grantham and company left us with but in hindsight, a competent coach could have won several of the games we lost the last two years. No excuse to lose to a backup qb at Utah last year but we did. Same product we saw at the home opener this year and that was with an offseason to plan and an offseason of self praise.

Mullen left us a mess but the fix would have shown results in year two these days.

The neglect on the Oline and Dline is a football crime.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    I know that we are not where we need to be this year.... but...
    I could not resist posting this image.
    Just imagine us being 0--4!!

(PS: What is in the world is this guy wearing??)
    Ohhhhhhhh And.....jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    They got soooo many seniors leaving after this season. Gonna be gutted next year

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gatorbred

gatorbred Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Toilet bowl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, for me, the number of guys that moved on and are playing to their HS recruiting potential says enough. That level of mis-development is easy to recruit against. Napier and his staff can't get out of their own ways.

9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    McClellan, and no oline. Not much that would help this problem talent wise. Recruited terrible in the trenches for a very long time.

10. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I realize I am beating a dead horse, but Sale?

11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    O line is definitely a sore spot, but I’m not sure how much that is recruiting because of coaches or because the bag is not big enough for that prize left tackle that keeps going to schools that pay more than us.
    I think it’s much more than just sale because 4-5 coaches in a row cannot recruit the offensive line. They can recruit at other schools, but not at Florida. Now that paying players is legal and the exact same thing is happening, I think they just aren’t paying the premium to get the big boys in here.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe. However, if an OL believed the training and development would pay off in four years, he would likely take less. Honestly, not sure georgia, miami, alabama has to pay as much as UF, even if they do pay more.

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I believe you are correct. Why would somebody go to a school struggling to be ranked when they know they can go to the playoffs. I believe Florida would clearly have to pay extra.

14. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm thinking about the four/high four stars they get, all have to have NFL dreams. If one coach or program gets guys into the NFL consistently(your odds seem better) it has a value compared to the way our OL is developing. Call it negative recruiting but any staff is going to get a player to consider that.

15. gbranton

gbranton GC Legend

I’m betting we have guys in our locker room right now thinking the same thing, the product on the field would indicate that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. workemsillyg8rs

workemsillyg8rs All American

Sep 14, 2024
    I bet we do too. The difference is that Urban didn't have to deal with college free agency when he came in. Under today's rules, alot of those guys may have transferred out. I hate what has become of my favorite sport.:(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Good point.

18. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The thing is, we have not had the high four and five star guys to even try to develop as far as the line goes line. We had a guy going the first round here before last, so it’s not like they can’t develop them, we just don’t have the elite guys.

20. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    They forget their AD voted against going to the 12 team format last year.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1