Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Former GATOR Players

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by WESGATORS, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Michael "Buddy" Reed - 29 year old switchhitting Gator centerfielder 2014-2016. Drafted by the Padres with the 48th overall pick, 2nd round in the 2016 draft. Pprogressed thorugh their minor leagues intil December 2019 when he was traded to the Oakland A's. There was no minor league season in 2020 due to the COVID shutdown, but in 2021 Reed played most of the year for the AAALas Vegas Aviators where he hit .255. He played 20 games for the same team in 2022 and was hitting only .196 when he was released on May 10. A month later the Dodgers signed him to a minor league contract and hit .247 with their AA affiliate. In 2023 he was promoted to the Oklahoma City Dodgers, AAA, but they released him on April 29. On May 13, he was signed by the Milwaukee Brewers and assigned to their AAA team, the Nashville Sounds. By July 19 he was hitting only .209 and was released. On December 19, 2023, he was signed to a minor league contract by the Texas Rangers. He is currently on the Arizona Complex League Rangers, a rookie-level affiliate, where they are working with him as a pitcher.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Must be tough to get close enough to taste it and never make it to The Show. He might have made it if the old roster expansion rules were in place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    I guess this counts.. O' Day doing some Braves game on radio, he said aound 50. Orioles broadcast crew doing a little interview w/ him pre game tonight w/ Braves in town. Hes still a fan/franchise favorite in B-more.

Video | Facebook

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
  4. neutrino_boi

neutrino_boi All American

Feb 1, 2020
    Hurston Waldrep to the IL after two (lousy) MLB starts with "elbow inflammation". I hope it is minor and he recovers soon. But, even if it ends up in TJ -- let's face facts, with his splitter-ish out-pitch, we all have to suspect he'll need it one day -- he's still gonna get MLB service time & payment and closer to arbitration and free agency.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    Pretty cool seeing some Gator:Gator action. Brady Singer facing off against Wyatt last night. Singer was pitching really well. Struck Wyatt out first time they squared off but Wyatt tagged Brady for an RBI double to tie the game at 1-1 early. Later, Wyatt hit a RBI single off of the Earl the Royals put in that scored 2. Wyatt hitting almost .450 with RISP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gatorranger7

Jun 8, 2007
    Wyatt hit his first grand slam today. That’ll help your RISP number!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Wyatt may be turning a corner. He’s hit 13 for 36 (.361) over his last 10 games. His season average was .229 before that and is now up to .254.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorranger7

Jun 8, 2007
    Ranger “fans” on social media have been as disrespectful of Wyatt as any I’ve seen. People just seem to be looking for reasons to be dicks. OC, I see it here too. I guess the older I get the less likely I am to find “youngsters playing sports” as a basis for being a dick myself. Then I die - and I care even less!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
  9. volungator

volungator All American

It's called the Human Condition.

I'm in complete agreement with you though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatorranger7

Jun 8, 2007
    Cool to see the established stars on the team acknowledging Wyatt in their actions and comments. He is clearly being seen as a contributor to the effort. The respect of his peers is telling.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gatorranger7

Jun 8, 2007
    Wyatt hit for the cycle yesterday in Camden yards. His speed on the basepaths was a factor in everything but the home run. Outfielders that casually play any ball he hits will look up to find him going for an extra base. Even the single was fielded by the shortstop deep in the dirt and he looked up and didn't even attempt the throw. Wyatt is definitely in the Rookie of the Year discussion.

Oh and Wyatt is the first player in MLB history to hit for the cycle, hit a grand slam and hit an inside-the-park home run in a single season...or should I say "half a season", because we aren't even at the All-Star break yet. I know Cags is a generational talent but we had two at the same time, it would appear.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024 at 8:50 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gatorborn

Gatorborn GC Legend

Jul 11, 2014
    South Carolina
    WOW!!! The double looked like a routine single for anyone else.

texas rangers - Search Videos

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1