Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida woman forced to give birth to a baby that will die immediately

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Feb 26, 2023.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

No. I'm saying that being pro life isnt necessarily a religious attribute alone. Ie Jewish positions on the matter

2. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    So it is largely a right wing Christian position to intervene in private medical medical decisions (at least in the western world)? A group that’s a big minority of the US population.

Sorry said I was done earlier because I was getting to heated. Perhaps what we are stuck on is degree. You would ban by your own words 99.9% of abortions. Why should the rest of us countenance that? Respectfully asking.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Again, it was absolutely not separate, as I showed. Your definition of "separate" (different DNA) was completely absurd and fell apart with even the lightest shove (the fact that identical twins have the same DNA at some point and are considered by both of us as separate from each other at that stage). BTW, I could have also pointed out that the fact that your DNA is different than it used to be (highly likely), does not mean that you are a separate person than you used to be. Because that is not how we define the concept of "separate." Then you said something entirely untrue (that your DNA doesn't change as you develop), which I pointed out as well.

It is funny though watching you claim to be correct and claim that both of us know it while you say things contradicted by your own claims. But we both know that you are in over your head and are just digging your heels in on this to avoid that admission. Best of luck next time!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What's really funny about these word salad posts with the Random capitalization of Letters is that You also have Absolutely no idea what a "circle jerk." is. It's Obvious you think it's Insulting or Derogatory, but you clearly don't know what the phrase means, not unlike a little Kid yelling out Swear words with no Clue as to what he's saying. I seriously doubt that @mdgator05, a solo poster, is engaging in a "circle jerk."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Oh I am correct.

Biology and Science show it.

But enjoy your circle jerk…

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Oh his self indulgence that gets people like you going is the definition of a circle jerk. He is knows biology and science prove that both you and he were a separate Life (capitalized for you) at conception. But he continues to push red herrings and ridiculous questions to act like that is not the case.

Reality is that you and he both know your Life (capitalized for you) and his Life (capitalized for you) began at conception. And that it is wrong to kill an innocent Life (capitalized for you).

But you keep enjoying the circle jerk.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    It would be an overwhelming large percentage of them. They will base their objection to abortion on their interpretation of the Bible since the word "abortion" is never mentioned and they will dismiss any Christian faiths that believe the decision should be left up to the woman as rouge, outlaw groups of non-Christian pretenders engaging in blasphemy.

Donate to Planned Parenthood Action Fund

9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    If you want to use edgy language correctly so you don't sound like the kid who heard a bad word once, I'd suggest that you learn what this is and stop doing it!

Urban Dictionary: Corn Cobbing

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Nice try, the context of usage suggests I was correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. tilly

1. I doubt its 99.9%
    2. I agree it is largely a Christian perspective
    3. I appreciate the respectful tone

• Like Like x 1
  12. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    As to Christian’s the percent that are pro life increases with the degree of religiousity. Evangelicals 2/3 are pro life. Mormons about 80%. Catholics about 50/50. Mainline Protestants less than 50% which surprised me.

Unaffiliated only 25% were pro life.

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This does define you well in this situation…

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Highly doubtful…

15. 1big_mfer

1big_mfer Junior

Dec 13, 2013
    Well , now there is another baby formula shortage again

16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    A fetus is life, but is it human life? Before at least 15 weeks, it has zero brain function. Before around 20 weeks, it is completely and utterly dependent on the mother for life. If the mother dies, so does the fetus. The closet analogue we have to someone with no brain function and completely dependent on another for life would be a brain dead person on life support. And we don't charge a person for murder if/when they pull the plug.

I would support a ban after 15 weeks with one caveat. We repeal the Hyde Amendment and allow for public funding for abortion. 93% of all abortions are 1st trimester already. #1 reason a woman waits is she can't afford to pay for the abortion. Allow public funding, and the number of 1st trimester abortions go above 95%.

As for the the other 5%, we need good exceptions in the case of mother's or fetus' health. If the mother's health is at serious risk, or if the fetus isn't expected to live, then there needs to be good exceptions. The woman in the OP should not be forced to carry to term a life that she knows will only last hours. Some women may want to do this. Others would find this to be torture. It should be up to each individual woman how to handle situations like this, and nobody else.

17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Haha, you've moved to "I'm rubber, you're glue." Classic!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    I am still around. I am convinced there is a parallel here to many things the mainstream media does. There is rarely ever a balanced consideration of the issue. Hyper-selective story-telling is used for emotional manipulation and the presentation of one side an issue rather than a more full-orbed macro-level analysis of the issue from both sides. I don't know the ins and outs of this story, but the other side of the issue in abortion is always the death of a person made in the image of God. You have to use honest terminology, and you need say out loud in honest transparent terms what it is you are actually advocating. "The solution to this problem is to kill my unborn baby because I am uncomfortable and inconvenienced, and my baby is going to die anyways." That would be some welcomed honesty, and it should be evident that people could argue for euthanasia for the elderly or the terminally ill on the same exact same grounds as that. Yet, we don't prematurely induce death for the elderly and the terminally ill. We consider that morally reprehensible, as we should. Ultimately, the root of an attitude like that is self-love.

Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done." -Matthew 16:24-27
    What Jesus is saying is quite clear. When we act selfishly and put ourselves and our desires before God and before others, a record is being kept in heaven of every instance we are guilty of this. And many people will forfeit their own souls because they refused to love God and deny themselves. And Jesus further presses the point emphasizing there is no net gain in this world that can offset losing your soul. Furthermore, Jesus explains that He will return at a future date with his angels, and he will execute that punishment if we live for ourselves rather than for God.

Now, the context of that is not abortion. Abortion is a specific application, but the applications are far broader than that. However, if a person will be punished in such a way that the sum of all other possible good that could happen to them pales in comparison to the punishment that will be received, then we are not talking about a small trivial matter. We are talking about something that Jesus takes way more seriously than any of us in this forum, including myself. Having no love for God and no desire to please God many are dead in their sins, and they are in danger of losing their souls. They need a new birth. And even for those who have been reconciled to Christ indwelling sin still has its effect on us. Any honest person will tell you they have been selfish, and they have failed to love God and to love Christ as they should have. And they have done this a multitude of times in their life. I am in that number.

However, what gives us hope is that Jesus succeeded at the very point where we have failed. Consider this. Let us compare those who are condemning Florida, the Supreme Court, Republicans, DeSantis, conservatives, etc and put them side by side with Jesus and see if what they are advocating has any Christ-likeness in it. What did Jesus do? He did the very thing He has commanded of us. He denied himself and took up the cross, and He did this for two reasons. Most importantly, He wanted to do the Father's will, as is illustrated by Not my will, but Your will be done. Secondly, though, Jesus did it because Jesus is love: There is no greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend. He laid down His life for the good of another. Jesus died for depraved, unloving, and undeserving people because Jesus is love. The very thing Jesus required of others He led the way, which is why it is said that we must follow Him.

Now, what is interesting to me is the parallels here, and how the path of self-denial and perseverance for the good of another, the baby, that reflects Christ-likeness is reviled as depraved and evil by many in this thread. To revile and hate Christ-likeness is to revile and hate Christ. It reminds me of this...And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. -John 3:19

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  20. tilly