Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida woman forced to give birth to a baby that will die immediately

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Feb 26, 2023.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

As many here like to point out, abortion is viewed differently in different religious and even different christian groups and its also hated by atheist and non religious folks. Pinning it on religion is at the very least inaccurate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is fundamentally a metaphysical question, which is the foundational basis for religious doctrine. The fact that there are substantially different views in different religions and ethical systems is precisely why government shouldn't be enforcing one on people who may not agree with that metaphysical position. At least if limited government is viewed as valuable.

3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Maybe you’ve missed it, but this issue became much more relevant to me upon have a daughter with bipolar and now drug addiction issues. It would be a disaster for her to have a child. She would have to go off of psych meds, which she should could not survive without, or make the decision to potentially harm the fetus with some pretty strong meds. She is completely unable to care for a baby at this point, maybe ever, and a pregnancy would be very difficult for all of us. The child would be at a higher risk of have mental or psych issues. We have her and an autistic son.

So do I get worked up when old men legislators and mostly old men on message boarders want to make laws that are clearly not in the best interests of my daughter and family? Absolutely. It is personal.

It’s not just about my situation. There are lots of people with difficult situations. I already have it tough enough as is, I don’t need religious and self righteous voters and legislators making it more difficult.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    While you can always find exceptions I’m going to guess a large majority of pro lifers are religious. It absolutely is a stance that is motivated by religion.

Religious Landscape Study

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I vaguely remember that now. I can feel it, that it’s personal for you. Thank you for clarifying and I think it’s stories like yours that keep me in the middle on abortion.
    Ideally I wish people gave sex more thought and only participated knowing the serious ramifications.

6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Without going into more detail I have seen a class of people that just doesn’t live by the rules that responsible people do. Wishing they’d behave responsibly is fruitless. But besides that, even “normal” people don’t make good decisions around sex. You’d be surprised at how many young men just prefer not to use condoms because they don’t like them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    I think I saw it somewhere in the back.

8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Yes you were. You were a separate Life that began development in the womb of your mother separate from her.

Identical twins in another fascinating and amazing part of Life in the world would have the same DNA at conception as each other. Though early on most believe there are minor mutations by the time they reach the birth stage of their development. But identical twins definitely have their own DNA and chromosomes separate from their mother. Like you did.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You are literally claiming that I was in a person, and totally dependent on that one person specifically (such that literally nobody else could provide what was needed) but also separate. Place even a modicum of critical thought to this claim. I know you really don't want to do so, because it is useful not to do so and you like your claim, but just try to see why it is ridiculous to claim a person is separate when they literally aren't and can't be.

Lol, that isn't right.

So are they the same person initially? Yes or no.

10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Yes typing on the phone while working I mistyped the part you wanted to laugh at. It is corrected…

They are at conception two Lives with the same DNA separate from their mother. Like you were a new Life separate from your mother at conception.

11. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    46, 47, whatever it takes.[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Oh, so then DNA doesn't define you as separate or not separate? Because you are now saying two entities with the same DNA are separate, while at the same time trying to claim that different DNA is what means you are separate. So what does define "separate" in your world?

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

It is cute the circles you want to run in…

Science and Biology prove at conception your Life began separate from your mother with 23 chromosomes from your father and 23 chromosomes from your mother. Your own DNA. Keep dancing in circles if you wish.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I noticed you didn't answer that question in falling back to your talking points. I get that your talking points are comfortable, but, next time, try to actually answer the question. I already saw your talking points several times. Want to try again?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Keep running in the circles you wish to run in. I answered it. You just want to continue your circle jerk.

Whether it is you. Or identical twins in the womb. All are separate from the mother at conception. Science says early on in the development process there are likely minor mutations when it comes to identical twins so if you want to get hung up on identical twins. Here is some reading for you…

Identical twins don't share 100% of their DNA

16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    No you didn't. You claimed that DNA defines entities as separate, to the exclusion of far more robust definitions of separation, but also that the same DNA doesn't mean a lack of separation. It is a logical absurdity. You just don't like that the absurdity was pointed out and are desperately trying to protect yourself from acknowledging that.

Notice how I worded the question. I asked if they are separate from each other at the point of conception, before that can occur, and not asking about their separation from the mother. You are avoiding the actual question because you know there is no good way out of it. The fact is that you backwards induced a scientific argument to back what you wanted to be true and don't want to acknowledge that it isn't really at all scientific nor able to withstand even a modicum of critical inquiry.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Continue on with your circle jerk if you wish. You know I am right and you are wrong. You want to try keep throwing red herrings that in the end actually still prove my point.

At conception is when you were created and your Life began. Your first heart beat did not change your DNA and chromosomes. Your lung development did not change your DNA and chromosomes. Your first breath did not change your DNA and chromosomes. Your puberty years did not change your DNA and chromosomes. Your adult age did not change your DNA and chromosomes.

Your Life began as a zygote separate from your mother. Just like identical twins for that matter…

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Actually, your DNA does change over your life. You just showed that it does in your attempt to deflect rather than answer on the twins. Oops.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This is the response of someone who refuses to acknowledge even though they understand and know that their Life began as a zygote with their own chromosomes and DNA. Enjoy your dancing in circles...

Your Life began at conception. It was separate from your mother. From that point you began your development. Which did include minor mutations in your DNA likely. None of which became anything close to resembling the DNA of your mother as you are and have been a separate Life since the day you were conceived.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's not remotely inaccurate. There's a strong correlation between religious views and abortion views. Do you think it's a coincidence that Jews are overwhelmingly pro-choice and Mormons are overwhelmingly anti-abortion?

• Winner Winner x 1