Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida welcome signs

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Jul 10, 2024.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL! Your cute phil!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I think here lies a causality of our current us vs them mentality. Your posting simply indicates your effort to bolster your argument, but river’s posting can be only a reflection of his bias. If you can be posting just to prove your position, why can’t river? And If river can be blinded by his dislike of DeSantis, why can’t you be blinded by your affinity for DeSantis? As Washington put it, “…it is to be regretted exceedingly that subjects cannot be expressed with temper on the one hand or decisions submitted to, without having the motives that led to them improperly implicated in the other.”

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    River can. And river has shown the reason they posted the OP.

River knows if any of us go to the grocery store and ask 10 random people…”did you know the state of Florida changed its welcome sign and some now say ‘free state’ on them?”…that odds are every single person would not know. And people here want to whine and scream about something that honestly should be appreciated. Except they hate DeSantis.

There is a reason river used the term petty in the OP. And ironically it was because river was being petty.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

It is not whining. It is pointing out the irony of calling Florida as a "Free State" in the face of book banning, depriving LGBTQ people of their rights, severely limiting women's rights, defining what meats can and cannot be sold, elevating religious schools above public schools and replacing liberal education for propaganda. If you are not White, Male and Christian the state looks much different. Empathy has long been missing from the Right, as evidenced by the All Lives Matter initative.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  6. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I forgot the most important issue to me....the Freedom State making it illegal for cities, counties and local municipalities to regulate pollutants to protect their citizens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    The only one close to whining and screaming is you.

And people should "appreciate" Desantis wasting taxpayer funds to do some right-wing virtue signaling? Really?

Next you might be lauding Desantis having the state pay to fly undocumented immigrants out of Texas. Ron really owned those libz!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What are you talking about... those books had no rights. No rights were violated.

9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, we are NOT letting the cities, counties and local communities force us to burn wood from trees to cook with.

The STATE is in control of state issues, like energy. Does any state let local municipalities act like their own little state?

10. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    LOL, that guys likes to troll.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I meant that river could be posting to further his argument in this thread. You give yourself the benefit of the doubt. Why assume only the worst motivations for him?

For what it’s worth, I also view the sign as petty, and I don’t see how people in the grocery not knowing about the sign demonstrates otherwise. Admittedly, I’m not much of a fan of DeSantis, but if not being a fan of a politician precludes one from criticizing him, you wouldn’t be able to criticize Biden or any other democrat.

However, my point isn’t that river is right; it’s only that he doesn’t deserve to have his motivations questioned simply because he is posting an alternative viewpoint.

12. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    "Why assume only the worst motivations for him?"

His history.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Oh goodness. No one is being deprived of books in Florida. Women’s rights are not being limited. These are weak baseless talking points.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

States are going to be keeping changing signs all the time. Whine away…

15. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I'm sorry you are so upset when people oppose government waste. Your sadness becomes my sadness. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    He showed his motivations earlier in the thread after trying to act like it had nothing to do with DeSantis.

This was nothing but an I hate DeSantis thread. Cute and petty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Right. States should have no signs…

LOL!

18. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I get what you are saying gaterz. Of course we must take history into account. We should also take our own beliefs into account. E.g. It would appear from looking at this forum that 100% of trolls are found among the supporters of the other party. Clearly this is a mathematical impossibility. It is more likely that our definition of a troll includes people extolling alternate beliefs.

19. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    We're talking about one person here (no one else) .... who has a history as a troll. Long before when he became rivergator ... when he operated under another name, his initials.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Again I think you’ve taken the conclusion for granted. When river suggested that this was more about the act than the person, this can only be proof of ill motivations, if you’ve already assumed that the thread is all about DeSantis.

I don’t think we are going to see eye to eye here, but I’ll just leave you with this thought: If one suggested that all your posts here amounted to nothing but an “I love DeSantis” thread, it wouldn’t be obvious that they were wrong. Especially if they could use as proof you denying that claim. From the outside, it’s easy to show that anyone’s motivations are bad. This is why Washington had to write the above words chastising Jefferson and Hamilton of all people.